The run to the title.

Remove this Banner Ad

Spurs being a title contender is proving to be a laughable call. They’ll sit 8th on the table should a few teams below them win their games in hand. No doubt they’re capable of beating anyone on their day, but that doesn’t make a title team. Maybe next year.

Like was said above, this is most likely a Liverpool/Manchester teams title race.

Obviously not as dominant as last season but I think Liverpool are still clearly the best team in the league. They’ve put in some poor performances that they didn’t at all for most of last season, but I’m not sure any other team will be consistent enough to push them for the whole season.

I'd wait on United. Everybody was high on Spurs being absolute title challengers a week ago. Then they managed 1 point from 9.

United have somehow gotten results despite a lot of the time being bang average. The way they got dumped out of the CL was poor and I think in a month or two they will have slipped far off it.

Wait and see I guess but I dont see them as challengers. I still think it's City or Liverpool for the title.

I'd wait on United. Everybody was high on Spurs being absolute title challengers a week ago. Then they managed 1 point from 9.

United have somehow gotten results despite a lot of the time being bang average. The way they got dumped out of the CL was poor and I think in a month or two they will have slipped far off it.

Wait and see I guess but I dont see them as challengers. I still think it's City or Liverpool for the title.
I concur. They will have their 3-4 game slide into "Will Ole get sacked?" territory before pulling out 3 wins on the trot.. then rinse and repeat.

United aren't just in a purple patch that have made people get a bit carried away, like what may have happened with Spurs. They've won more points than any other team in the league since Bruno debuted in Feb so they've proven that they can sustain this form over a long period of time. I still don't think the team is going to dethrone Liverpool but I think you're underestimating them if you're expecting a big drop off.

United aren't just in a purple patch that have made people get a bit carried away, like what may have happened with Spurs. They've won more points than any other team in the league since Bruno debuted in Feb so they've proven that they can sustain this form over a long period of time. I still don't think the team is going to dethrone Liverpool but I think you're underestimating them if you're expecting a big drop off.
So if Bruno gets injured you finish mid table or??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Matip is out long term and we dont sign a new CB we are out of the title race.

I've been led to believe that Liverpool won't be signing anyone because Klopp doesn't knee jerk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back