Radio Sport on radio: SEN, Triple M, 3AW, ABC, 6PR, 5AA, 4BC, 2UE, RSN

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree that Granland is very good on afternoons.

King is horrendous even in small doses so how someone thought it would be a good idea to have him on the whole drive shift baffles me. I liked tonight when he overrode any objections the umpiring expert had to adding a new 'team prior opportunity' rule by continually saying "nah, it'll be really easy to umpire".

Marko is also significantly worse when not partnered with the Ox.

Agree that Granland is very good on afternoons.

King is horrendous even in small doses so how someone thought it would be a good idea to have him on the whole drive shift baffles me. I liked tonight when he overrode any objections the umpiring expert had to adding a new 'team prior opportunity' rule by continually saying "nah, it'll be really easy to umpire".

Marko is also significantly worse when not partnered with the Ox.
Spot on

Not sure which ad is worse, the Frawley one promoting some song or Rompingwins' 'interview' with the car dealership guy

Not sure which ad is worse, the Frawley one promoting some song or Rompingwins' 'interview' with the car dealership guy

That Hamish one with the car guy is really weird, I have heard it several times and have no idea what message they are trying to convey :huh:

Isnt the add sponsored by greyhound racing Victoria?

No conflict of interest if so

I reckon GRV also sponsor the show. Would make sense as to why they have so many GRV ads during The Run Home and why they have Marko voicing them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latest ratings down the toilet. No surprise, as the day starts off with the worst possible on-air combination.

Any news on whether Dan Lonergan is joining SEN full-time? Fair dinkum, the overnight show has never been a highlight, but the current host's sporting knowledge I could detail on the back of a 2c stamp.

The fill in breakfast show is significantly better than the usual breakfast show. Better chemistry some genuine warmth between hosts.
Was going to post the same thing. Even Maher has been good over the last week and a bit.

I don't really like Maher but he is better than that smug prick Hame. Frawley is the definition of a spud mentally, NDS I really like in the media despite his grating voice.

Article in tomorrows HUN about how bad the ratings are for SEN, long story short:

- Breakfast down 3.3 down to 2.6 (Same time last year was 3.5, 2015 3.6. Apparently management expected 4.5 by this stage of the year :$ )
- Overall rating down from 3.9 to 3.4
- KB down 4.3 to 3.4
- Afternoons down 3.2 to 2.9
- The run home down 4.8 to 3.8
- Evenings with Finey down 5.1 to 3.3

Article ends with some waffle from the SEN GM about how their podcast downloads have doubled and they're 'on the right track'. It'll be hilarious if the current breakfast show in its short stint outrates the 1.5m team they've put together. I still have absolutely no idea why they picked Maclachlan, wonder if Gil stepped in and offered the advertising they're currently getting on afl.com.au in exchange for Hame being on the show?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back