Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't hit reply at the moment in some threads which is weird.

sherrif yeah definitely applies both ways - positive or negative as I said in my post.

I am probably too positive most of the time but I think most of that is I have different (I would argue far more realistic) expectations to many here.
Yep. I misread your original post. Edited.

You're wasting your breathe, SA is a know it all troll. Only turns up here when there is a controversy. His main board slagging of Freo is infamous. Put him on ignore or don't respond.

Any mod care to respond, a straw poll here of "is well known poster a) or b) from the Saints trolling us", (or for that matter a certain Freo poster)... It would be a pretty clear view that we are being shamelessly and repeatedly trolled.

The ban hammer applies to just a given post and they don't go that far, but it is clear as daylight over the extensive body of works on Freo that it is trolling. Maybe, Aunty Allikat, you could add that in to the now locked thread of "what would you like to see in 2019". something along the lines of "history, not just individual posts can be taken into account as trolling" to be added into the main board posting rules.

Last edited:
article-2052949-0E81FF2A00000578-502_1024x615_large.jpg

SA says some things that need to be said, bit like clay.
Come to think of it, has anyone seen Clay(Free real estate) and SA in the same room at the same time??

Come to think of it, has anyone seen Clay(Free real estate) and SA in the same room at the same time??

Clay and I have had our run ins but he is a Freo supporter and knows his football . I cant remember Clay ever putting Freo down on the main board where as SA makes a career out of it.

Are you serious? Funnily enough mental illnesses are defined as disorders that affect your mood, thinking and behavior. Conditions like mood disorders (such as depression or bipolar disorder) anxiety disorders. personality disorders. psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia) eating disorders. trauma-related disorders (such as post-traumatic stress disorder) and substance abuse disorders are as medical as a broken leg. Mental illnesses resulting from trauma or extreme anxiety can actually change the composition of how the brain functions and you can see these changes on a CAT scan. Making a reference that behaviour doesnt change from a mental health issue and is just an excuse for stupidity is as medically accurate as saying someone with a broken leg just needs to get up and walk like everyone else can.
Sherif, I have experienced mental illness & have watched 2 family members learn to accept & live with paranoid schizophrenia. Its ugly, its raw & I wouldnt wish it on anyone. I have the upmost compassion for sufferers, i just believe the likes of franklin & hogan use mental illness as a get of jail card for drug use.
I think there is more arrogance, selfishness & stupidity with this latest episode than anxiety.
Happy to be proven wrong. Time usually reveals all.

Sherif, I have experienced mental illness & have watched 2 family members learn to accept & live with paranoid schizophrenia. Its ugly, its raw & I wouldnt wish it on anyone. I have the upmost compassion for sufferers, i just believe the likes of franklin & hogan use mental illness as a get of jail card for drug use.
I think there is more arrogance, selfishness & stupidity with this latest episode than anxiety.
Happy to be proven wrong. Time usually reveals all.

Posters seem to disregard Jesse's cancer scare. Believe me I lost my father and also am a cancer survivor and it is a difficult thing to come to terms with. I can't believe some posters lack of compassion towards Jesse and what he has been through . Jesse has had to come to terms with his loss and health problems under the eyes of the watching press and footy public. It would be a very tough gig.

Just in case I am not wasting my breath and you legitimately don't get it.

Supporter after a loss: We wuz robbed, bloody coach..., bloody umpires, still that young roddenstein did alright
Supporter after a win: DID YOU SEE THE FANDANGO TWINS, Maaate, that goal right on the siren! I reckon that young roddenstein will get a b&f - though the bloody victorians will prolly rob him of it and give it to x...
Off Season in the doldrums: We've been s**t for a while, we need a new coach, Excellent trade to get Roddensteins brother, oh noes it's going to be a s**t year... Roddenstein should still poll a few brownlow votes - a shame he's in a s**t team or he's a certainty
Off season in the winning years: The wheels have fallen off the Pram and I'm not sure if I can afford a grand final upgrade - sod it, we can just carry the baby everywhere, I named my girl child after Roddenstein, the coach got us this far but I'm not sure if he's good enough to win us a grand final...

Opposition supporter after a loss: Youse are all s**t.
Opposition supporter after a win: Youse are still all s**t.
Opposition supporter in any off season: Youse are still all s**t.

If I was reading your content only and you didn't have freo nominated as your club, I would have little reason to think that you are one of us. Maybe, keep your shitcanning to the Freo board and go in batting for us on the main board. Just optional, celebrate some of the good things with us on occasion. It's a free internet, keep doing it your way if you want, but don't expect warm cuddles from me if all you do is trash talk my team.

Newsflash! Badly run club that's been average for years doesn't get the benefit of the doubt from the media.

If we actually demonstrate some kind of extended period of not being underachievers I'd suggest the respect will come one day.

This is such rubbish - how are we a badly run club? Facilities? Finances? Membership? Marketing? Corporately? Been down for three years after finishing minor premiers and making the prelim. Have after a few trade periods, rebuilt our spine, the makings of a supreme defensive unit, the best group of forwards we have had for over a decade and a mid unit that will be competitive and has two future A graders developing.

In what area are we average? Not many teams rebuild as well as we have and in a season or two, you will be saying how great we are along with the rest who look at situations through a narrow lens. I was pissed in 2014 and 2015 and roundly criticised for being negative. We took too long to turn the list over and too long to move on plodders. For all the media talking about our poor trading, I think the following we all A level trades:

Bennell (yep I said it - at the time it was made it was)
Hill
Hamling
Wilson
Conca
Hogan
Lobb
Brayshaw (effectively a trade)

Good to possibly very good:

McCarthy
Colyer (I am hoping his pace can be a weapon for us)

Average:
Matera
Kersten

Draft -

Logue - Cox - Darcy - Ryan (Bloody beautiful!)

Cerra and Brayshaw along with them.

Banfield has shown he will be best 22 for a long time and perform a role.
Switta has shown a lot - time will tell on fitness.

I look at our best 25-28 players and think we are in a bloody great position for the next 5-10 years.
I look at our facilities and finances and think we are in a very positive position for the next 10-15 years.

But yes... crap club, in every aspect...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is such rubbish - how are we a badly run club? Facilities? Finances? Membership? Marketing? Corporately? Been down for three years after finishing minor premiers and making the prelim. Have after a few trade periods, rebuilt our spine, the makings of a supreme defensive unit, the best group of forwards we have had for over a decade and a mid unit that will be competitive and has two future A graders developing.

In what area are we average? Not many teams rebuild as well as we have and in a season or two, you will be saying how great we are along with the rest who look at situations through a narrow lens. I was pissed in 2014 and 2015 and roundly criticised for being negative. We took too long to turn the list over and too long to move on plodders. For all the media talking about our poor trading, I think the following we all A level trades:

Hill
Hamling
Wilson
Conca
Hogan
Lobb

McCarthy

Average:
Matera
Kersten

Draft -

I look at our best 25-28 players and think we are in a bloody great position for the next 5-10 years.
I look at our facilities and finances and think we are in a very positive position for the next 10-15 years.

Opinions are easy enough to have aren't they? Some very, very, very purple coloured glasses on with that one.

Did a say in every aspect? Financially we are going well. What about on the field? Have you forgot about prior to 2012? How many winning seasons (50% or more of games won) have we had in our history? 9 out of 24. I'll let you go count where we rank in that time period across all teams.

Outside of the two newest teams we are bottom four. Even Carlton who are going through the darkest time in their history has more winning season since we have been around.

Do you believe that we have the respect of the footy world? Do you believe that we are taken seriously?

I think Bell is different and I look forward to his influence. I hope our unending plethora of "A level" trade actually turn out for the better but I strongly disagree with your assessment.

Without serious changes in personnel (mainly off field) and culture there is a much greater chance of us continuing to be average on the field. If you don't see that then good luck to you.

It has been already been confirmed in an earlier thread that Silent Snow is the bastard love child of the head of the House of Clay.

Hill
Hamling
Wilson
Conca
Hogan
Lobb

McCarthy

Average:
Matera
Kersten

Draft -

I didn't take raffox's comments to be off-field related; more Footy Dept. And as good as we have been off-field (jumper, move to Cockburn, resolving the "Dockers" nickname issue are all strong off-field contributions) the Footy Dept has been very uneven through-out the decade.

That we went into this long-term rebuild after a mere 4 years of finals is a testament to that.

Hill
Hamling
Wilson
Conca
Hogan
Lobb

McCarthy

Average:
Matera
Kersten

Draft -

Sports Science and Coaching.

I didn't take raffox's comments to be off-field related; more Footy Dept. And as good as we have been off-field (jumper, move to Cockburn, resolving the "Dockers" nickname issue are all strong off-field contributions) the Footy Dept has been very uneven through-out the decade.

That we went into this long-term rebuild after a mere 4 years of finals is a testament to that.

No problem - so say those areas rather than the sweeping 'club'.

The rebuild after four years of finals was not the current admin or coaching fault - rather it was that our champion filled spine (Mac - Johno - Pav - Sandi etc etc) were all in the back end of their prime by the time the other aspects of the club got it together.

I would say that the footy dept in bringing in the players I mentioned have had a fairly bloody good run the last three - four years.

And there's the issue.

You're incredibly positive about apparently all aspects of the team and the best you can give our coaches is at least above average.

You're not convincing me.

I am confused - you didn't answer any of my questions and have come back with a vague response.

Do you mean you are not convinced because I gave the coaches above average but agree our sports science team have been below? Or is it that I am not speaking in broad emotional statements and that because I can be impartial you are upset?

What would you like to know? I am happy to answer a question... please ask..

And there's the issue.

You're incredibly positive about apparently all aspects of the team and the best you can give our coaches is at least above average.

You're not convincing me.

Our coaches include all assistants?

My above average rating would be that I rate most of the assistants as average or below and Ross very highly. As such the group only scrapes into above average.

The make up of the list and how well the corporate side of the club are doing has part in one case and nothing or very little in the other to do with the coaches. Therefore if I am positive about our finances and about the facility that does not improve a rating of the coaching dept as they have nothing to do with it other than how it is used.

Is this what you meant?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back