Autopsy Jesse Hogan - Worth 220 Points

Remove this Banner Ad

Without a word of exaggeration, I have been convinced Hogan was meant to be in purple since before he got stolen in the mini-draft. He has always belonged with us. There's no reason to it, just a rock-hard, rolled-gold belief. A meant to be.

Let's face it, you actually couldn't get a more Fremantley footballer than this bloke. From the day he rocked up to training at Melbourne on his skateboard to the day he got on the piss and forgot to show up to training at Freo, he has been - and continues to be - the embodiment of everything our club stands for. Theoretically amazing, realistically an entertaining shambles, he offers the world and delivers an out-of-date UBD. But it is a very cool UBD. You can rip out the s**t suburbs and roll stupidly big spliffs with them.

Which, incidentally, should be our club manifesto: "Fremantle: We rip out the s**t suburbs and roll stupidly big spliffs with them."

Rip out the s**t suburbs, Hoges. You are the one. God bless you and all who sail with you.

I've heard of spliffs green but spliffs gold! Legend

It’s terrible to say but gees if hogan can stay in the Hub for 17 weeks he’d be up for the Coleman. Screams as a guy that loves footy and just needs a bit of structure around him to thrive. It’s always the off-season/ injury layoffs which seems to be the risk. Such a natural footballer, just gets it.
Watched him early in the season last year and am sure there’s not a defender in the league That wouldn’t be stressed lining up beside him. Hoping the you g bloke gets a good run at it.

It’s terrible to say but gees if hogan can stay in the Hub for 17 weeks he’d be up for the Coleman. Screams as a guy that loves footy and just needs a bit of structure around him to thrive. It’s always the off-season/ injury layoffs which seems to be the risk. Such a natural footballer, just gets it.
Watched him early in the season last year and am sure there’s not a defender in the league That wouldn’t be stressed lining up beside him. Hoping the you g bloke gets a good run at it.
Why is that terrible to say?

The unknown for us supporters is what sort of shape he's in. He might be looking OK, but if he hasn't been doing a lot of running during his break then he's going to be 6 weeks away minimum. If he's been keeping up his cardio then he might be closer than we think.

The unknown for us supporters is what sort of shape he's in. He might be looking OK, but if he hasn't been doing a lot of running during his break then he's going to be 6 weeks away minimum. If he's been keeping up his cardio then he might be closer than we think.
Theoretically, if he's kept a pretty rigorous fitness regime going, he won't be that far behind everybody else, given match-conditioning isn't really a factor.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he has been smoking ciggies you can put that down as a no unfortunately
Smoking ciggies aren’t really a reflection of fitness. Professional players have more often then not smoked.
Michael Jordan with his cigars not even hours before each games, plenty of English Premier League players hit the dart. Quite common.

It's not like it's ubiquitous but it's a way for them to get high that doesn't get them banned.
Yeah I get that and don’t doubt you’re right. But the statement was made that “more often than not” professional sportspeople smoke. I certainly doubt that. I mean, we are discussing one player we know smokes and this is brought up because it is such an unusual thing .

I have personally seen plenty of professional athletes on the darts and hong kongs. The USPGA is rife with tobacco chewers which is carefully edited out in live tv coverage. If its good enough for endurance athletes like Phelps ...Hogan can puff a sly bunga every now and then with little reduction in aerobic capacity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back