The Sky Is Falling! Let's Lynch Someone Now

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we'll find out what other clubs do now. Let's see, the Bulldogs for starters. They haven't even got a Franklin to blame it on! And what about the Bombers? Managed to lose to Melbourne, if you don't mind. The Eagles managed to lose to the team that we were so crap in beating last week. Port Adelaide, anyone, anyone! This board needs to chill out, seriously. Darwin Roo seems to the last remaining voice of reason here.

On a lighter note, North will be known as the "great catalyst" in the future. We have fired up a great list of teams:-

Essendon
Western Bulldogs
Port Adelaide
Brisbane
Hawks

On top of all that, we are technically in a better position this season than we were at the same time last season. Record membership, to boot! However, our board is in meltdown! Go figure. I suppose it's bound to happen when drongos get ahead of themselves in the first place. Reality is always a hard pill to swallow.

This board needs to chill out, seriously. Darwin Roo seems to the last remaining voice of reason here.

Kimbo, BTron, GreatBradScott, DarkPhoenix and HeartstoHearts more so.

I suppose it's bound to happen when drongos get ahead of themselves in the first place. Reality is always a hard pill to swallow.

Some would do well to take a few months off footy I reckon.

Apologies to all the other voices of reason. My choice of Darwin Roo was based on the fact that he seems to be the longest serving resident that I know of here (who hasn't changed his moniker). Also, citing Darwin Roo as a voice of reason lends more power to the statement, if you get my drift - no disrespect to the great one.

It is driven by the few individuals who value their bigfooty ego over everything else. They want to be able so say i told you so, so they go hard when they smell blood.

Pretty sad really.

We have come to a fork in the road.
We can do two things:

- Go nuts, rip each others heads off, sack the coach and instill a dog eat dog culture which Melbourne and Richmond have; which has led them to be in the wilderness for 30/40 odd years

OR

- We can galvanize, put our heads down and work our arses off to put in an effort. Get the playing group tighter and playing for one another.

Pretty easy choice when I spell it out like that.

Well we'll find out what other clubs do now. Let's see, the Bulldogs for starters. They haven't even got a Franklin to blame it on! And what about the Bombers? Managed to lose to Melbourne, if you don't mind. The Eagles managed to lose to the team that we were so crap in beating last week. Port Adelaide, anyone, anyone! This board needs to chill out, seriously. Darwin Roo seems to the last remaining voice of reason here.

On a lighter note, North will be known as the "great catalyst" in the future. We have fired up a great list of teams:-

Essendon
Western Bulldogs
Port Adelaide
Brisbane
Hawks

Difference is these other clubs will respond , we have been given chances to do so and have been heartless . There has to be something going on at the club .

We have come to a fork in the road.
We can do two things:

- Go nuts, rip each others heads off, sack the coach and instill a dog eat dog culture which Melbourne and Richmond have; which has led them to be in the wilderness for 30/40 odd years

OR

- We can galvanize, put our heads down and work our arses off to put in an effort. Get the playing group tighter and playing for one another.

Pretty easy choice when I spell it out like that.

The question is whether the second option will actually happen.

It depends on your point of view of the team. I worry about the pace, forward structure and 2 ruckman thing so when they look troubling, i naturally see the problems rising. I think we all thought there was more hope than what we are showing, more expectations, we have all seen examples of it changing over consecutive years but as it can't be guaranteed, you try to find the areas that can be improved and the glimmers of hope that exist.

Difference is these other clubs will respond , we have been given chances to do so and have been heartless . There has to be something going on at the club .

I suspect that the Eagles will respond. However, recent history by no means guarantees a major response from Carlton, Essendon or the Bulldogs.

Difference is, until the last couple of years, if any club could be guaranteed to hit back hard after an embarrassing loss, it was North. Not any more. :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Difference is, until the last couple of years, if any club could be guaranteed to hit back hard after an embarrassing loss, it was North. Not any more. :(

What we'd do for a dose of this...

[YOUTUBE]-zYoh5mBjnU[/YOUTUBE]

The intensity of this bloke to our current players is hundred-fold. EDIT: minus Swallow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back