No Oppo Supporters The Sun Lounge (Suns posters only)

Remove this Banner Ad

If Brodie was ever going to get a game, it would have been this week with Swallow & Weller out. He’s definitely AFL standard, he’s in good form & has a mature body. He’s just being pushed out.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Showed that he was comfortably AFL standard in 2019.

getting really sick of Dew alienating some players with his own perceived views of their shortcomings and not giving them opportunity.

we need to bring in a coach that rewards players in form and maybe we'll start showing some actual fight in games rather than playing the same out of form blokes week in week out without them fearing getting dropped.

"getting really sick of Dew alienating some players with his own perceived views of their shortcomings and not giving them opportunity"

You are so on the money my friend.
I could deal with it when I thought it was a motivational thing. Like in 2019 when he would single out brodie after losses for not running defensively I assumed he was just trying to get the most out of Will.

His unwillingness to admit Lyons was and would still be in the top 2 mids at the club and that delisting him was a mistake, his failure to offer guys like Fiorini, Brodie, and Corbett reward for hard work and form, and his double standards for so many players on the list vs others has just been shocking.

Game plan isn't stacking up.
players feeling alienated.
Angst amongst the coaching staff.

move him on.

I could deal with it when I thought it was a motivational thing. Like in 2019 when he would single out brodie after losses for not running defensively I assumed he was just trying to get the most out of Will.

His unwillingness to admit Lyons was and would still be in the top 2 mids at the club and that delisting him was a mistake, his failure to offer guys like Fiorini, Brodie, and Corbett reward for hard work and form, and his double standards for so many players on the list vs others has just been shocking.

Game plan isn't stacking up.
players feeling alienated.
Angst amongst the coaching staff.

move him on.
This!!

ok, for all the chat about dew's alleged shortcomings, no one seems to be discussing potential replacements.

realistically, if dew were to move on who could we approach?

ok, for all the chat about dew's alleged shortcomings, no one seems to be discussing potential replacements.

realistically, if dew were to move on who could we approach?
I would hope Adam Yze.

Closely followed by Nathan Buckley or Blake Caracella or Michael Voss.

would love to get Leppitsch here as a line coach.

Clarko bit of a pipe-dream. Wouldn't want to leave melbourne.

If we could get Voss (head coach) Leppitsch (forward coach) and B.Scott (football operations) it would be great. Three guys who know what it takes to succeed in Queensland.

I would hope Adam Yze.

Closely followed by Nathan Buckley or Blake Caracella or Michael Voss.

would love to get Leppitsch here as a line coach.

Clarko bit of a pipe-dream. Wouldn't want to leave melbourne.

If we could get Voss (head coach) Leppitsch (forward coach) and B.Scott (football operations) it would be great. Three guys who know what it takes to succeed in Queensland.
I’ve heard yze mentioned before.
what are his credentials?

Get me Michael Voss,
For mine, we need somebody who this isn’t their first rodeo.
Would also take Brenton Sanderson.
Brad Scott- can’t build a team but was constantly in the top 4-6 with North Melbourne when their list was strong.. (in theory ours is or should be ready to strike soon)
Unless there was a current coach we could poach.

I’ve heard yze mentioned before.
what are his credentials?
Hawthorn line coach during their 3 peat - improved their goal kicking from 48% - 57% during his time as their forwards coach. Assisted under Clarkson for 8 years before moving to Melbourne, coinciding with hawthorns complete capitulation and Melbourne’s rise to the top.

I know he wouldn't wish ill on anyone but I'm starting to think Dew might hope Lyons would get a career ending knee
It's always been a concern of mine that he doesn't understand the hard workers
He's obviously a guy who got by on sheer talent and great skills-I'm sure he didn't get too many frequent gym flyer points
These ex-players often don't make the best coaches
They don't tolerate grafters and workmen like Lyons or Brodie
I have no doubt if we lose today he will be gone sooner rather than later and the modest guy collecting Brownlow votes up the road who was more than happy to play for us until he was told he wasn't good enough for the team getting whacked by 100 every week will probably be significant in the decision

we're approaching the part in the recurring timeline of holding a members forum to try win over the supporters with random tidbits behind the scenes, awkward interview with a second year player, and the announcement of a 2 year re-signing for a subpar player.

Don’t know how we have the most members ever at this current point of time 19k? Nah don’t believe it

we're approaching the part in the recurring timeline of holding a members forum to try win over the supporters with random tidbits behind the scenes, awkward interview with a second year player, and the announcement of a 2 year re-signing for a subpar player.
I was relieved to see Weller's interview before the Port game where he assured the fans that the time for talking was over and it was all action from hereon in.
This was a clear indication that we are progressing nicely through the cycle
The loss of King Lukosius and maybe Rankine(aka Lynch May Prestia) should confirm completion once the Members Forum has been checked off I agree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dew has said losing Wittsy has been huge for the Club
This we know
But what was the list manager and Dew's back up plan?
Obviously Z Smith
Lovely guy, but if they couldn't see what the rest of the football world could see ie he's only just VFL standard then what hope did we have?
Similar story with our KPDs
If Collo goes down, what's the plan?
Caleb Graham FFS

So frustrating year after yearwatching teams that were laughing stocks first half of the season showing improvement back half while we just get worse
I reckon I said 5 years ago I'd rather win the last 2 than the first 4
Just seeing hawthorn take it up to GWS and North rolling us yesterday is unhappy viewing as a Suns supporter

The lack of scrutiny on Dews appalling record is really odd. It's as though the AFL has directed the media not to report on it.
More the fact noone cares. The majority of the media is Vic based and they just don't care about the Suns

I was ok with Rocket but the game and times had probably passed him
I was up for another year from him though
My biggest beef with him was he didn't seem fully invested-it was his day job rather than his life
Dew seems invested, I'll give him that, but he's probably just another in a long line of 2nd level managers failing once they hit the top job
We see it in politics, business, and sport
I refuse to accept that Roos Clarkson Longmire Scott (either one) wouldn't have had us playing finals this year if he'd had 4 years and the list concessions we've been given
I'm always concerned that our 2nd half of season fadeouts reflect players not putting their bodies on the line as they wait for offers from other clubs for next year either consciously or subconsciously
I've always termed it Moonboot Season

I was ok with Rocket but the game and times had probably passed him
I was up for another year from him though
My biggest beef with him was he didn't seem fully invested-it was his day job rather than his life
Dew seems invested, I'll give him that, but he's probably just another in a long line of 2nd level managers failing once they hit the top job
We see it in politics, business, and sport
I refuse to accept that Roos Clarkson Longmire Scott (either one) wouldn't have had us playing finals this year if he'd had 4 years and the list concessions we've been given
I'm always concerned that our 2nd half of season fadeouts reflect players not putting their bodies on the line as they wait for offers from other clubs for next year either consciously or subconsciously
I've always termed it Moonboot Season
Those coaches you mentioned would’ve given every player on the list a chance when they arrived. Dew’s biggest problem was that he rubber stamped certain players and refused to move on that position. They’re now playing good footy elsewhere and he’s trying to use salary cap restraints as an out.
We’ve seen some bloody good footy at times this year to give you hope. Maybe he can coach but I think he’ll pay dearly for his stubborness. He obviously wants us to succeed so I’m not death riding him like some.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back