Suggestion The toilet that is the "Rumors" board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Here's an idea to help flush the turds out of that place:

Make it so that no one with less than a 500-1000 post history can start a thread on that board, in order to dilute the obvious trolls & alt account cowards from spraying projectile diarrhea all over it.

Is that too much to ask to address some standards around here, or will it impact the advertising revenue too much?

• Banned
This is actually a forum suggestion matter that requires analysis from admin.

It has jumped the shark in there mate, and apparently that sits alright with certain mods.

• Banned
Let's attempt to get some better poster credibility associated with that forum, and remove the incessant alt account cowards & trolls.

There's posters bombing "inside mail" drivel on the board who have never been heard about on their respective club boards. I figure if you're going to expose rumors about people, then some element of poster credibility should be attached to that, don't you agree?

The 500-1000 post history is a good idea, and I would ask you to review it.

Let's attempt to get some better poster credibility associated with that forum, and remove the incessant alt account cowards & trolls.

There's posters bombing "inside mail" drivel on the board who have never been heard about on their respective club boards. I figure if you're going to expose rumors about people, then some element of poster credibility should be attached to that, don't you agree?

The 500-1000 post history is a good idea, and I would ask you to review it.
Ah! Manners! You do know about them! This is great!

Happy to talk to the mods about it.

• Banned
Ah! Manners! You do know about them! This is great!

Hang on just a minute there mate, when have I ever doxxed anyone?

I have actually received correspondence from you voicing your displeasure of the practice and your support of a strict approach to forum policy when dealing with it, so in light of that, how does even half the crap on the "Rumors" board manage to see the light of day?

Happy to talk to the mods about it.

Thanks.

Someone can literally start any rumours they like there...except if it’s about other posters. Footballers are fair game. Doesn’t seem right. I could jump on there and write an ex Collingwood player got his sister pregnant and it’s fine.

Someone can literally start any rumours they like there...except if it’s about other posters. Footballers are fair game. Doesn’t seem right. I could jump on there and write an ex Collingwood player got his sister pregnant and it’s fine.
Names shouldn’t be named of course. Really ripe rumours like the one you mentioned should be removed.

Discuss specific issues with the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back