The Toon Army Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Typical away Championship performance.

Kevin Nolan is ****ing awesome in this league.

Jonas is the most frustrating player ever. If he had a final ball he'd be one of the best wingers in the world, but instead he's plodding away in the English 2nd division.

Jonas is the most frustrating player ever. If he had a final ball he'd be one of the best wingers in the world, but instead he's plodding away in the English 2nd division.

He was Speedy Gonzalez this morning, but gee that final one near the end - he should have put away but launched it straight into the stands.

Big Kev - I'm excited. :D:thumbsu:

Stan Lazaridis syndrome. Very similar players.

Swansea tonight.

Swansea are 4th and despite only having modest claims of being able to be a premier league club the way we have been playing of late this is a challenging match.

If we can win we continuie to grow the gap on a lrage portion of the competition.

Come on Nolan, lets get a double tonight as there a good defensive unit but goals is not their forte.

On that basis though prediction tonight is a 2-1 win.

Convincing enough.

the stats show Swansea having bucket loads of shots but when you look where they took them from they were desperate prospective shots and we had more in good scoring spots.

I would say it looks the best win in a while and despite having not played that well recently rode the bumpy patch.

It's now an 8 point gap to third.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so 2-0.. 4 points clear on top and 10 points clear in the top 2.

these days my newcastle support extends as far as checking the scores on soccernet every saturday, as i dont have foxtel... but that has become a much more enjoyable experience of late :)

Lets hope we can keep this up to seal our return to the premier league, and lets hope our time in the championship has galvanised the club to take a step forward next season.

2-0 win away against Coventry, Ameobi and Ranger the goal scorers.

20 games in, 7 points clear on top, 12 points clear of third place.

Rangerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!11one!

94179196.jpg

The next two games will be hard. Have a funny feeling that Barnsley going to beat us. They are on good form, and Oakwell is not an easy trip.

Then we play Boro at sportsdirect@St James Park. Boro away from home havent been all that bad.

Still 7 points is a very nice gap. Hopefully we can keep the squad through Jan.

Boro are terrible, I'd be very surprised if we don't beat them - considering our home form is 8-2-0.

Barnsley haven't been all that good at home either with a record of 3-3-4. I'm fully expecting us to take at least 4 points from those 2 games.

Yes, but Barnsley recent form is good after they sacked the manager. They havent lost a game in 5(or 6, if u count Plymouth) and their home record includes wins over Cardiff and WBA. I be happy with a point.

Boro recent form has been poor, but their team is still good, and they should be up for the game. but you right, we should beat them on current form.

DEFECEA.png
"DEEEEEEEEFEEEEEEEEENCCCCEEEEE!!!"

smithyys.png
"WHAAAAAAAAT?!"

"DEFEEEEENCEEE; BEHIND THE BALL LADS DEFEND DEFEND DEFEND!"

Untitled-10.png
"I'm Kevin Nolan."

smitthy.png
"WHAAAAAAAAAT?!"

DEFECEA.png
"ALAN, MAKE NOLAN GO INTO DEFENCE!"

Untitled-1-1.png
"...."
santa1.png

defence.png
"WHERE THE f*** IS KEVIN?!"
smithyys.png
"I DON'T KNOW!"
santa2.png
"I'm Santa."

hahahahahahahaha.

Probally a missed oppurtunity, but when following the BBC comm last night I was thinking could be a loss coming up, they seemed to be controlling the game. A draw is probally a fair result, in saying that 2 points probally went begging.

We've been defending well this year yet the stats point to a Barnsley controlled match really.

2 goals let in we didnt lose and over the last few weeks Barsnley's form has been good. The big run was going to end some time so a 2-2 draw is hardly something to get upset with. Providing of course we continue to maintain a strong lead over the competition by giving Midlesborough a whipping.

So, adidas have pulled out:

NEWCASTLE United have lost their shirt sponsorship deal with sportswear giants Adidas.

The end of the association with the high-profile company goes back 14 years and has come as a financial blow to Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

It is believed Adidas have become disillusioned with the negative publicity which has surrounded the club since Ashley took over.

They were quick to distance themselves from stories linking them with Ashley’s controversial plan to re-name St James’ Park.

Now they have decided not to renew a contract with the Coca-Cola Championship toppers which ends in the summer. Newcastle will now join forces with Puma.

The Newcastle hierarchy wanted news of adidas’s departure delayed until after Christmas, as kit bought as presents will soon be out of date.

It’s understood the Puma deal will be less lucrative than with adidas and that adidas are on the verge of signing a contract with Spurs, ironically ending their tie-up with Puma.

Newcastle’s shirt sponsor deal with Northern Rock also ends in the summer.

Well done 'fans' :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back