santa1.png

defence.png
"WHERE THE f*** IS KEVIN?!"
smithyys.png
"I DON'T KNOW!"
santa2.png
"I'm Santa."

This post made me genuine lulz.

2-0, 50 K in the crowd and total domination of Borough.

10 points clear.

Now I know NUFC is meant for stronger leagues but given the circumstances we faced at the beginning of this season we have to be pretty pleased with the way this season is going.

Keep the form up lads and higher things beckon.

So, adidas have pulled out:
Well done 'fans' :rolleyes:

Fans are hardly to blame. Moronic response really.

Great Article

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opi...t-the-numbers-to-prove-it-article265185.html?

"So next time you hear the old cliches being wheeled out: Newcastle fans expect too much success, they get managers sacked, they think they are better than everyone else, they are always crying on the telly. Just stop and think.

Newcastle fans are actually one of the marvels of the modern game."

Fans are hardly to blame. Moronic response really.

Great Article

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opi...t-the-numbers-to-prove-it-article265185.html?

"So next time you hear the old cliches being wheeled out: Newcastle fans expect too much success, they get managers sacked, they think they are better than everyone else, they are always crying on the telly. Just stop and think.

Newcastle fans are actually one of the marvels of the modern game."

So the fans don't contribute to the negative publicity.

Okay then... you keep living in your own little world....

Gday lads, log time not talk... super busy with new role at work so havent been posting much at all.

Anyhow halfway through the season and we are 10 points clear, we coudnt ask for anything more than this, we are all but home and hosed for promotion, 80 points would get us there you would think so even if we have a sub par 2nd half we should be fine.

Good to see the stadium still being filled to 80+% most weeks, no matter what you say about our fans I dont think there is a more loyal bunch. What stickas out for me most about the season is the work rate of the boys, they are attacking games with grit and are generally grinding teams down to the point of breakage, its good to see. We need to add some class to the midfield and a proven goal scorer to be competitive next season, I like our defence and I love Danny Simpson, perhaps a proven CB...

Well boys enjoy the only silver wear we will win for our lifetime!

Peace

Danny Simpson is too short to be a CB. I was just thinking to myself the other day, his loan runs out in January, and I don't know if Man Utd will let us extend it, considering their shortage of options in defence these days.

We're no-where near home and hosed either, so get that attitude out of your head.

Shepherd.
Ashley.
Llambias.
Wise.
Keegan debacle.
Joe "f#ck c#nt c#ck-custard!" Kinnear.
Michael "$$$$$" Owen.

And you blame the thousands of geordies who buy millions of pounds' worth of Adidas s**t year-in year-out for them finally pulling out?

Lulz.

Shepherd.
Ashley.
Llambias.
Wise.
Keegan debacle.
Michael "$$$$$" Owen.

And you blame the thousands of geordies who buy millions of pounds' worth of Adidas s**t year-in year-out for them finally pulling out?

Lulz.

They're a contributing factor ;).

And if anyone actually thinks I'm serious, they're also idiots. God, it's fun winding you lot up. So easy :).

Shepherd.
Ashley.
Llambias.
Wise.
Keegan debacle.
Michael "$$$$$" Owen.

Lulz.

Well said.

It amazes me the negativity our fans get. Sometimes even from our own "fans"....:rolleyes:

I have no doubt we are a rare breed, and a most unique football club. Our fans are our heartbeat, the passion of the town and the people drive the club. Without them, and with the people who have been in charge, we would have failed to exist.

We (the fans) have had to put up with an absolute nightmare that no fans who love this club like we do should have to put up with. The names and situations Dyer puts up, you just have to shake your head and laugh. What an embarrassment it has been.

Through it all, we had the third highest attendance last season, as we were getting relegated. Now in the Championship, countless times we have had the second or third biggest attendance in England! Remarkable. Yet some want to label the fans with stick. Also, our shirt sales would be one of the highest in England.

If Adidas want to move on, all well and good. We will be beneficial for the next company, and I bet Adidas approach us back when times are even better. It should be then we either tell them to f*** off, or make them beg for our business at better rates. I bet they are applauding their decision to get with Boro....empty stadiums, low apparel sales, the town going through economic damage...Gret decision by those in charge, lets keep Boro and get rid of Newcastle, genius!!!!

Newcastle United is a mighty Football Club. We are a big club. We just need a change of luck, and better owners/executives.

I would never talk ill of the Geordie public and fans like some do. Great people, who love this club and do more for this club than most sets of fans. I would find it highly hypocritical for certain people to claim to love this club, yet talk down our fans. People who have no knowledge of our club and our town and our history would be the only ones who ever talk bad of our fans.....

Well, considering I lived there for 10 years... :rolleyes:

I'm actually rolling on the floor laughing at that post. Seriously. 'Deluded'.

The high attendances are a very good effort - however easy enough for a one team town to achieve. There's not really a whole lot of other supporters in Newcastle, 90%+ of the population would support Newcastle. Still, as a said, a very good effort.

We're not as big as most of the fans think we are either.

Why don't we just let the fans run the club (like they want to), and see where it takes us......

Well, considering I lived there for 10 years... :rolleyes:

I'm actually rolling on the floor laughing at that post. Seriously. 'Deluded'.

The high attendances are a very good effort - however easy enough for a one team town to achieve. There's not really a whole lot of other supporters in Newcastle, 90%+ of the population would support Newcastle. Still, as a said, a very good effort.

We're not as big as most of the fans think we are either.

Why don't we just let the fans run the club (like they want to), and see where it takes us......

I am thinking you then need to go back....:rolleyes:

The highlighted part is deluded. What a load of crap. Utter bullsh*t.

Your rolling on the floor laughing at my post but agree the high attendances and support is a great effort? What do you exactly disagree with?

What part is deluded? That we are a big club?

All this we see today and we have achieved absolutely nothing. In fact we have just been going backwards. Imagine if we did win a trophy. You would then understand the potential of this club outweighs most. My Grandfather used to talk about the Fairs Cup and every person in the town coming out, he said he never saw anything like it, shops closed, offices took the afternoon off, everyone was out. We are a unique club. Simple.

Your a known Ashley sympathiser, which to me is laughable, I never said anything about fans running the club, just that this club is what it is because of the fans they have. 7,000 away fans to Barnsley FFS! Who else does that? A mighty effort from mighty people who just love this club.

This all comes back to a comment that you now say was a clearly a joke.....Yep, I'm deluded. :rolleyes:As soon as Dyertribe came out and had a go, you backtracked as fast as you could. Wasn't a joke till someone questioned you.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. I will be moving to Newcastle in June/July next year for about 2 years, and be working Monday to Friday, and going to games every other day :D, Can't wait to be part of the Geordie Nation. I have respect for those people and that town. Love it/them actually. Let's just hope by that stage we are playing Premier League Football with a new owner who have half a clue and have some generosity.

Howay The Lads!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am thinking you then need to go back....:rolleyes:

I would. Gladly.
The highlighted part is deluded. What a load of crap. Utter bullsh*t.

So you think that it's easier for clubs from towns that have 2 sides to get high attendances? Right....

Your rolling on the floor laughing at my post but agree the high attendances and support is a great effort? What do you exactly disagree with?

For a start:
Newcastle United is a mighty Football Club. We are a big club. We just need a change of luck, and better owners/executives.

That's why we're in the trouble we're in. Too many people with your attitude (including the various people that have run the club). 'Oh, we don't need to address that, because we're too big to go down.....'

Your a known Ashley sympathiser, which to me is laughable, I never said anything about fans running the club, just that this club is what it is because of the fans they have. 7,000 away fans to Barnsley FFS! Who else does that? A mighty effort from mighty people who just love this club.

I'm happy with certain things he has done.

Excuse me if it's wrong to be glad that I still have a club to support.... and excuse me if it's wrong to not want someone THAT CAN'T EVEN RAISE THE FUNDS TO BUY THE CLUB TO TAKE OVER
This all comes back to a comment that you now say was a clearly a joke.....Yep, I'm deluded. :rolleyes:As soon as Dyertribe came out and had a go, you backtracked as fast as you could. Wasn't a joke till someone questioned you.

You're far too easy to wind up. And extremely fun. My comment about 'well done fans', was clearly a joke, and to be honest I don't care if you don't think it was. Oh, I might cry myself to sleep, someone on an internet forum thinks I'm a knob... waaa.

What did you want me to say in the post? 'well done fans'... oh wait, I'm kidding? What sort of reaction would that get?

Anyway, keep playing along if you like, I'm having a lot of fun :)

So you think that it's easier for clubs from towns that have 2 sides to get high attendances? Right....

What? Anyway, name me bigger clubs than us that are one town teams? Also you said you lived there right? What other town in England, if you went anywhere else, would have the street support of people that Newcastle Upon Tyne has? I'm talking about signs around town, people walking around in club merchandise, people talking about the club at restaurants/bars/pubs/schools. You disagree we are a unique club, and you lived there for 10 years??? I'm shocked by this.

That's why we're in the trouble we're in. Too many people with your attitude (including the various people that have run the club). 'Oh, we don't need to address that, because we're too big to go down.....'

Ummm our problems are about the running of the club. Where did I say we are too big to go down? Also in fact now that we are down, we have maintained the same level of support, so I am confused by your argument here. I say we are a big club, not that because we are a big club that should be enough to maintain Premier League status. We are in the Championship yet I still class us as a big club. What are you getting at? What makes us not a big club? Trophies? Success? I know a lot of successful clubs that would kill for our club support and infrastructure.

I'm happy with certain things he has done.

Excuse me if it's wrong to be glad that I still have a club to support.... and excuse me if it's wrong to not want someone THAT CAN'T EVEN RAISE THE FUNDS TO BUY THE CLUB TO TAKE OVER

Where's any evidence of this? Derick Llambias? lulz.... Mike Ashley is a major reason we are in a mess (not the fans like you believe). The court case against Keegan proved it to all in sundry. He didn't know how to run a club.

You're far too easy to wind up. And extremely fun. My comment about 'well done fans', was clearly a joke, and to be honest I don't care if you don't think it was. Oh, I might cry myself to sleep, someone on an internet forum thinks I'm a knob... waaa.

What did you want me to say in the post? 'well done fans'... oh wait, I'm kidding? What sort of reaction would that get?

Anyway, keep playing along if you like, I'm having a lot of fun :)

Oh dear.

First never called you a knob. Don't know you enough. Respect you for following Newcastle, just staggered at some of your ideas and your "thoughts" on our fans and Mike Ashley. Think your trying to be smarter than you need to be and talk down our fans love of the club as overstated and they are well, dumb and the cause of problems.

By the way:

That was your response to my questioning. Then after Dyer had a go, you backpedaled. I'll let others be the judge. I beyond caring as of....now.

I just read this forum more than I post and continually shake my head at some of your negative posting towards our club (which doesn't include Ashley). I also have a lot of time for your actual football thoughts, but you lose me when you talk about this club.

I have never experienced a Newcastle fan like you who looks so negatively on our fans and club. Maybe I make too much of a deal, but I must admit, it confuses me.

Anyway I'm bored of this argument, let's hopefully talk about better things like a win against Wednesday next time as Alan Smith scores a hattrick.

What? Anyway, name me bigger clubs than us that are one town teams? Also you said you lived there right? What other town in England, if you went anywhere else, would have the street support of people that Newcastle Upon Tyne has? I'm talking about signs around town, people walking around in club merchandise, people talking about the club at restaurants/bars/pubs/schools. You disagree we are a unique club, and you lived there for 10 years??? I'm shocked by this.

I think my point might've went over your head, no idea what you're trying to imply.

Ummm our problems are about the running of the club. Where did I say we are too big to go down? Also in fact now that we are down, we have maintained the same level of support, so I am confused by your argument here. I say we are a big club, not that because we are a big club that should be enough to maintain Premier League status. We are in the Championship yet I still class us as a big club. What are you getting at? What makes us not a big club? Trophies? Success? I know a lot of successful clubs that would kill for our club support and infrastructure.

Why are we a big club? Because we have a lot of fans? That's not a big club, that's just a club with a lot of fans!!
Where's any evidence of this? Derick Llambias? lulz.... Mike Ashley is a major reason we are in a mess (not the fans like you believe). The court case against Keegan proved it to all in sundry. He didn't know how to run a club.

I've seen how bad the books were when Mike Ashley took over. Not a pretty picture at all.

Ashley's a c***t, and we're back in the top flight next season. All you need to know about 2009 for NUFC. :thumbsu:

I agree with your Ashley comments, but please refrain from the already promoted crap.....

It's still a long, long way to go.

So far so good, and so far I have been proud of the players and coaches, but it's not half way yet, and I certainly won't be thinking we are already promoted.

I agree with your Ashley comments, but please refrain from the already promoted crap.....

It's still a long, long way to go.

So far so good, and so far I have been proud of the players and coaches, but it's not half way yet, and I certainly won't be thinking we are already promoted.

Wow, we agree on something ;)!

Merry Christmas my fellow Geordies.

All the best for you and your families.

Here's another fantastic Simon Bird article for us to enjoy:

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opi...th-Newcastle-by-Simon-Bird-article267273.html

And I echo his sentiments in terms of the quote from Sir Bobby Robson.

"Players and staff have come and gone. Fortunes have fluctuated. The one constant in the Newcastle firmament has been the hordes kitted out in black and white. What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it.

"Not the TV contracts, the get out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It is the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It is a small boy clambering up the stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his fathers hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf and without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love."

Tingles up the spine stuff.

There is only one, and will only ever be one, Sir Bobby Robson!

Merry Christmas, Howay the lads!

Hey guys, just saw that there is free TV coverage of the Newcastle vs Sheffield Wednesday match tonight, being shown on SportingBet.

Here's the link; (to the link:))

http://www.sportingbet.com.au/video/TelecastGuide.aspx

You may need an account to access it though, as I noticed the programme on at the moment is only available to Australian members.

It should be an easy win, but we haven't won away from home on Boxing day in 21 years :eek:, so it's no certainty.

Also noticed we are "rumoured' to be after Kris Boyd from Rangers.

I'm also a Rangers fan, so either way I'll be happy, as Boyd has been productive for Rangers, but may well have a brighter future at St James' Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back