The Toon Army Thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Bus. But this will just be a never ending saga, doesn't seem likely it will end soon.

Were playing Plymouth in tommorow morning's FA CUP game, has anyone got any radio links or something?

3 - nill

Lovenkrands with a hat-trick, and apparently we totally dominated.

Only 16,000 people in attendance, we will see closer to 50,000 when West Brom come to town on Monday.

Howay the Lads!

We really need to beat West Brom, touch wood, there form since the beginning of December has been quite ordinary really and I think it's Forrest who are now pushing for auto promotion.

Therefore we need to Give West Brom the boot on Monday to recreate that buffer zone betwen the autiomatic promotion split and the rest of the League.

without a form disastor it's getting whittled away and a bad injury run i'd be concerned we coukld fall back into the pack.

After a few draws 6 points from the next two games please (Palace at home).

Out of the blue and a massive surprise we have signed Wayne Routledge from QPR for an undisclosed amount.

Rumors that Boro had a bid in for him but we offered the cash upfront whereas they were gonna pay in installments so we got the deal done straight away.

It's all official and he will play against Crystal Palace tomorrow for us.

A very good signing in this division for us and one of our weak areas gets looked after. Now we have two quick threats down either wing with Routledge and Jonas causing some mayhem.

A thank you from me to Mike Ashley for this one. Pulled out his wallet to beat out Boro on this one. We needed a pacey, trickey good deliverer on the right, and now we got one of the better ones in the Championship. Great get.

Reports are Mike Williamson will be done very soon and also be in the squad to face Palace. For mine another good signing. Remember him from his year at Watford last year, I think he was their player of the year and a very good defender. We wanted him at the start of the year before Portsmouth came in for him and offered Premiership football. I remember watching transfer deadline day on Sky Sports UK and when they announced he was snatched by Pompey from us for a massive fee of 3 million pounds. Pompeys situation restricted them to not play him so the fee stayed low. He gives us cover for an injured Taylor.

I am satisfied with the Routledge signing. Very satisfied. :D

Did you actually thank Mike Ashley? :eek: :p:

We've made some decent signings this window, but the injury to Steven Taylor could kill us. Especially now that Jose Enrique and Danny Simpson are looking dodgy for the game against Leicester on Saturday, it means our defence will line up something like:

Pancrate - Coloccini - Williamson - Kadar.

Did you actually thank Mike Ashley? :eek: :p:

We've made some decent signings this window, but the injury to Steven Taylor could kill us. Especially now that Jose Enrique and Danny Simpson are looking dodgy for the game against Leicester on Saturday, it means our defence will line up something like:

Pancrate - Coloccini - Williamson - Kadar.

:D

Yep I actually thanked him. I don't expect too much and will give credit when he delivers. The signings of Williamson and Routledge were brilliant.

Watching the game Williamson was certainly man of the match for 70 minutes, Routledge for 23 minutes. Both will give us something in this division. Really delighted with signings.

I thought Kadar was very good playing left back when he went there after Enrique's injury. I have no doubt the news on Steven Taylor will be shocking and will put us behind the eight ball, also Enrique has been our best player lately and his link up work with Jonas a feature. It was amazing to see Jonas go missing when Enrique went off.

I think our starting defence will be on Saturday:

R.Taylor Williamson Coloccini Kadar

Once Enrique and Simpson is back it looks a lot better.

News has it we have bid for Moses, if we could nab him it would be amazingly brilliant.

A few days to go before the window shuts, let's hope a couple more bodies make an appearance holding up the famous shirt!

Breaking news:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc...-tie-up-two-new-loan-signings-72703-25713603/

Two new loan signings.

Fitz Hall from QPR and Patrick Van Aanholt from Chelsea.

Good loan signings to cover us from injuries.

Loved our January activity and hopefully a major prize in Victor Moses is the icing on the cake.

Mike Williamson - CB
Wayne Routledge - RM
Danny Simpson - RB
Fitz Hall - CB
Patrick Van Aanholt - LB

I don't think any Newcastle fan can complain with that activity so far. 5 new signings for our push towards promotion.

Hughton has said he wants a forward in as preference so I think there may be something still to come. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We. Suck. Balls.

Hopefully Forest and West Brom keep dropping points, because it's the only way we're going up.

Our performances over the last two months have been disgraceful.

the only positive i can find, is that even in our "purple patch" we're not losing (except for 1 game last week).

we just have to hope we can start winning again and find some form.

huge game on friday

5-1 win over fourth-placed Cardiff was a super result. Two goals to Carroll and Lovenkrands, with a Cardiff og off a Carroll poster.

5-1 win over fourth-placed Cardiff was a super result. Two goals to Carroll and Lovenkrands, with a Cardiff og off a Carroll poster.

Should just award the hat-trick to Carroll, he was brilliant. Deserved all the plaudits after the game. Immense.

We have some very good attacking players now, Routledge has been exactly what we needed, as soon as he was announced as a signing I was over the moon, he is very quick, very tricky and puts some good balls in to the strikers. I mentioned as soon as we got him that the main guy to benefit from his arrival would be Andy Carroll. If you put the ball anywhere in the area of Andy boy, he will deliver more than he doesn't.

Mike Williamson has been brilliant and was again last night. He and 'One Size' Fitz Hall were very disciplined and didn't let Chopra have anything really. He was in good form was the former Newcastle man, but was left with nothing due to those two.

We have Derby away on Tuesday and need to keep winning now. I had a quick look at the fixtures coming up and I can't see Forest and West Brom losing too many. They may drop points with draws but I can't see too many losses coming up. All that means is we need to keep winning. I hope Chris Hughton has seen what a positive lineup can do to the team, Routledge and Jonas on the wings is vital with Andy Carroll and Lovenkrands/Best/Ameobi/Ranger makes us a very tough team to match up on.

I know a lot on here despise him but Barton will be back and for me, he is one of my favorite players, he will provide that extra quality in the midfield. Another body for this hectic February coming up.

Also we need to sign Van Aanholt for the rest of the season. He is pure quality and I am confident he can do a job while Jose is out. When Jose is back, having a player of his quality as cover would be ideal.

I wonder how much Chelsea want for him :D;)

Good performance, but still a long way to go.

Howay the Lads!

Also forgot to mention we have reportedly signed 18 year old Faroe Island starlet Jóhan Símun Edmundsson. He was trialling with us and Manchester City. Good to get another young kid into the club, with our Academy doing so well.

Should just award the hat-trick to Carroll, he was brilliant. Deserved all the plaudits after the game. Immense.

We have some very good attacking players now, Routledge has been exactly what we needed, as soon as he was announced as a signing I was over the moon, he is very quick, very tricky and puts some good balls in to the strikers. I mentioned as soon as we got him that the main guy to benefit from his arrival would be Andy Carroll. If you put the ball anywhere in the area of Andy boy, he will deliver more than he doesn't.

Mike Williamson has been brilliant and was again last night. He and 'One Size' Fitz Hall were very disciplined and didn't let Chopra have anything really. He was in good form was the former Newcastle man, but was left with nothing due to those two.

We have Derby away on Tuesday and need to keep winning now. I had a quick look at the fixtures coming up and I can't see Forest and West Brom losing too many. They may drop points with draws but I can't see too many losses coming up. All that means is we need to keep winning. I hope Chris Hughton has seen what a positive lineup can do to the team, Routledge and Jonas on the wings is vital with Andy Carroll and Lovenkrands/Best/Ameobi/Ranger makes us a very tough team to match up on.

I know a lot on here despise him but Barton will be back and for me, he is one of my favorite players, he will provide that extra quality in the midfield. Another body for this hectic February coming up.

Also we need to sign Van Aanholt for the rest of the season. He is pure quality and I am confident he can do a job while Jose is out. When Jose is back, having a player of his quality as cover would be ideal.

I wonder how much Chelsea want for him :D;)

Good performance, but still a long way to go.

Howay the Lads!

Also forgot to mention we have reportedly signed 18 year old Faroe Island starlet Jóhan Símun Edmundsson. He was trialling with us and Manchester City. Good to get another young kid into the club, with our Academy doing so well.

Routledge is not quick, one of his biggest downfalls is his pace hence the reason he is a championship footballer and not plying his trade in the PL. The signings are good for what's needed to gain promotion but overall we would still need to add a fair bit of proven talent to be competitive and stay in the PL.

Routledge is not quick, one of his biggest downfalls is his pace hence the reason he is a championship footballer and not plying his trade in the PL. The signings are good for what's needed to gain promotion but overall we would still need to add a fair bit of proven talent to be competitive and stay in the PL.

Could have fooled me.

Watching him on Saturday morning, if that's not quick, then there is a lot of slow players around. When he has the ball at his feet, he dazzles around defenders. His side step is as quick as I have seen in Newcastle colours.

Also we are in the Championship, we should not be even concerning ourselves with the Premier League yet. Long, long way to go yet before we can start analysing our team for the Premier league.

Could have fooled me.

Watching him on Saturday morning, if that's not quick, then there is a lot of slow players around. When he has the ball at his feet, he dazzles around defenders. His side step is as quick as I have seen in Newcastle colours.

Also we are in the Championship, we should not be even concerning ourselves with the Premier League yet. Long, long way to go yet before we can start analysing our team for the Premier league.

No doubting his ability to give good access to the boys up front and his footwork is quite good but his pace is quite poor and this is why he is a recycle PL footballer, the guy is a great addition for a championship team looking for promotion but I would be very surprised if he cut it in the PL.

a LONG way to go until we can be comfortable about our chanced of promotion but all the signs are positive as of now.

He was quick when he first burst onto the scene, but now he's not so quick.

He always had good feet and was always able to put in a good ball, he should be a level above the CCC, but will never cut it in the EPL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back