The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh and on Sissoko. Seems Real might be leading the race for him and might offer us 2 promising youngsters on loan to reduce the transfer fee.

I like this deal! Bringing in young wonder kids who wouldn't get a look in at the biggest club in the world is perfect for us, these guys can grow with the club.

Is it loan only? Why would it be loan when we're selling Sissoko? Silly if that's the case
It's how some transfers work. We get two kids with talent to help us get promotion and Real Madrid get a couple of million off the transfer fee.

We are signing a lot of players that will help us get promotion, and some will help us for a year or two to stay in the Premier League, but I expect many will be sold and a raft of new players bought in that are real Premier League quality.

It's how some transfers work. We get two kids with talent to help us get promotion and Real Madrid get a couple of million off the transfer fee.

We are signing a lot of players that will help us get promotion, and some will help us for a year or two to stay in the Premier League, but I expect many will be sold and a raft of new players bought in that are real Premier League quality.

Lol, I know how transfers work mate. I've been to Tyneside, im a football fan for 25 years. I am surprised that we would accept players on loan, these 2 kids I doubt would be instant 1st team players hence I said they could grow with the club. We don't need loan players, our squad is the deepest in the Champiobship.

Diame and Clark done deals, welcome lads. Our squad is excellent, we need to add depth up front but that's about it.

We have rejected the loan deals for the real kids, it's the only logical thing to do.

Rafa on BBC Newcastle last night answering fans phone in questions. Nicked from elsewhere.

Just listened to Rafa's phone-in and I have to say I was impressed by the guy's responses to the various questions. He came across as a deep thinker and a real professional.

A few random issues that were raised:

* Squad numbers and the captain for 2016/17 will be announced tomorrow.
* the club have turned down two significant offers for Ayoze Perez
* he was asked what his goals are for the club. He said his most important goal is to win at Fulham on Friday! Beyond that, he needs to get the club back into the PL, and then competitive in the PL.
* he has been focussed on signing players who he believes can operate in The Championship but also be capable of playing in the PL.
* He was asked about Adam Armstrong. He said his feeling has been that AA needs another season on loan, and that they had an approach from a good Championship club that Rafa thought would have been ideal - somewhere where he could continue his development without pressure of a serious promotion drive. However, AA told him he thought he as ready to fight for his position with NUFC. So, he agreed AA could stay and train with the squad through pre-season. A final decision will be made in the next few weeks as to whether he stays or goes back out on loan.

Diame and Clark done deals, welcome lads. Our squad is excellent, we need to add depth up front but that's about it.

We have rejected the loan deals for the real kids, it's the only logical thing to do.

If we could add another winger like a Knockaert or someone of that ilk, I think that would be icing on the cake. Wouldn't mind keeping Thauvin if he wants to knuckle down but given Aarons is made of glass, we might be a bit light out wide. Puts a lot of reliance on Ritchie

Rafa on BBC Newcastle last night answering fans phone in questions. Nicked from elsewhere.

Just listened to Rafa's phone-in and I have to say I was impressed by the guy's responses to the various questions. He came across as a deep thinker and a real professional.

A few random issues that were raised:

* Squad numbers and the captain for 2016/17 will be announced tomorrow.
* the club have turned down two significant offers for Ayoze Perez
* he was asked what his goals are for the club. He said his most important goal is to win at Fulham on Friday! Beyond that, he needs to get the club back into the PL, and then competitive in the PL.
* he has been focussed on signing players who he believes can operate in The Championship but also be capable of playing in the PL.
* He was asked about Adam Armstrong. He said his feeling has been that AA needs another season on loan, and that they had an approach from a good Championship club that Rafa thought would have been ideal - somewhere where he could continue his development without pressure of a serious promotion drive. However, AA told him he thought he as ready to fight for his position with NUFC. So, he agreed AA could stay and train with the squad through pre-season. A final decision will be made in the next few weeks as to whether he stays or goes back out on loan.

Such a breath of fresh air is Rafa. The gulf in class between him and just about all his predecessors in the Ashley era is obvious.

On Arma, I think giving him a chance in August would be best. Mitro's out for 4 games with his ban so having Perez, Gayle and Armstrong available should give him chances.

After August, Rafa can revisit. Personally think it might be better to loan him to another Championship side if he is going to be behind Mitro, Gayle and Perez so he can continue his development. Trust Rafa to make the right call though.

As for the right calls...Lascelles for captain and Mitro for the vacant number 9 shirt would be delicious! :D

Good to see we've bought another couple of players with English league experience, definite change in recruitment strategy under Rafa.

The squad seems good enough to kick things off but like you NUFC Tiger am a bit concerned about out wing stocks. We might see Perez playing a bit more winger than he is necessary suited for. How do you think we will line up against Fulham? Looking forward to watching the game, will be getting up nice and early Saturday morning.

For mine, assuming Mbemba isn't fit

-----------------Sels------------------
Janmaat-Hanley-Lascelles-Dummett
----------Shelvey-Colback-----------
Ritchie--------Perez-----------Aarons
---------------Gayle-------------------

Plenty of spots up for grabs though, will be interesting.

If we could add another winger like a Knockaert or someone of that ilk, I think that would be icing on the cake. Wouldn't mind keeping Thauvin if he wants to knuckle down but given Aarons is made of glass, we might be a bit light out wide. Puts a lot of reliance on Ritchie

Such a breath of fresh air is Rafa. The gulf in class between him and just about all his predecessors in the Ashley era is obvious.

On Arma, I think giving him a chance in August would be best. Mitro's out for 4 games with his ban so having Perez, Gayle and Armstrong available should give him chances.

After August, Rafa can revisit. Personally think it might be better to loan him to another Championship side if he is going to be behind Mitro, Gayle and Perez so he can continue his development. Trust Rafa to make the right call though.

As for the right calls...Lascelles for captain and Mitro for the vacant number 9 shirt would be delicious! :D

I haven't been so excited about the club in a long time, I am in a group on Facebook ( pm me if you want in ) that is a toon supporters discussion, we have guys from England and Australia and we are planning a meet up on the last day of the season if we are going up.. It would be unbelievable to party in the North East knowing we are in the PL.

Gayle will bang them in and Mitro should really be looking at 20+ as a minimum, the Championship would be a similar level to Belgium so I am expecting big things from him in the NO9 :)

Clark is an upgrade on Taylor thats for sure, I am happy with the signing.

Villa and Wolves look like being big dangers, Wolves just signed Teixira from Benfica for the season.. He will be the best player in the league by streets if he lives up to his potential.

Villa and Wolves look like being big dangers, Wolves just signed Teixira from Benfica for the season.. He will be the best player in the league by streets if he lives up to his potential.

I can't see Villa doing well at all TBH. I reckon they'll be bottom half of the table. They've lost quite a few players and haven't really brought anyone in.

Wolves have Willo, so that rules them out of being decent also ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good to see we've bought another couple of players with English league experience, definite change in recruitment strategy under Rafa.

The squad seems good enough to kick things off but like you NUFC Tiger am a bit concerned about out wing stocks. We might see Perez playing a bit more winger than he is necessary suited for. How do you think we will line up against Fulham? Looking forward to watching the game, will be getting up nice and early Saturday morning.

For mine, assuming Mbemba isn't fit

-----------------Sels------------------
Janmaat-Hanley-Lascelles-Dummett
----------Shelvey-Colback-----------
Ritchie--------Perez-----------Aarons
---------------Gayle-------------------

Plenty of spots up for grabs though, will be interesting.

I'd probably have just about the same team depending on Mbemba (I have Hanley as third choice). Possibly Hayden for Colback too but I like how Rafa has given us so many possible combinations. A lot of the players are versatile and can play multiple positions.

I'm looking forward to the early start as well haha! Good luck for the footy tonight -hopefully we'll both be happy come tomorrow AM.

I haven't been so excited about the club in a long time, I am in a group on Facebook ( pm me if you want in ) that is a toon supporters discussion, we have guys from England and Australia and we are planning a meet up on the last day of the season if we are going up.. It would be unbelievable to party in the North East knowing we are in the PL.

Gayle will bang them in and Mitro should really be looking at 20+ as a minimum, the Championship would be a similar level to Belgium so I am expecting big things from him in the NO9 :)

Clark is an upgrade on Taylor thats for sure, I am happy with the signing.

Lascelles the new captain and Gayle (maybe a bit surprisingly to me) the new Number 9. Seems Mitro also wanted it but ended up saying Gayle should have it. Glad to hear both weren't shying away from wearing the shirt and that even better it was resolved amicably between the two. A sign of the togetherness and unity we have in the team. Maybe the foundation of a strong bond amongst the players!

Anyone here on a forum called NottheBBC NUFC?

The group has been around for over 20 years, this being the 3rd host site.

Not actually heard of that one! I used to post on a few but these days I just participate in a few on facebook haha.

Cheers, great listen! What a man Rafa is. Out of this world compared to Pardew, Carver, the Wally....

Top class manager who is raising the standards right through the club.

I can't see Villa doing well at all TBH. I reckon they'll be bottom half of the table. They've lost quite a few players and haven't really brought anyone in.

Wolves have Willo, so that rules them out of being decent also ;)

A few are saying Villa could struggle as they seem to have internal issues within the squad.

I think Brighton (with Hughton) and Sheffield Wednesday could be strong contenders plus Norwich have more or less the same team that got them promoted...Will be a tough season but I'm super excited!

Oh and Thauvin's gone back to Marseille on loan I think? Think we definitely need a replacement winger!

Not actually heard of that one! I used to post on a few but these days I just participate in a few on facebook haha.

Originally it was Communicata. I think that was the hosting site. Communicata folded and the community moved to a hosting site called Greenspun. Then Greenspun folded and we moved to the NOTTHEBBC site.

Many of the members have been together for over 20 years, with ages between 30's and 70's.

It's very educated group. One of the doctors was on the Hillsborough commission. There are writers for the BBC. One member became a football agent, and is part of a group trying to bring change to FIFA.

Lots of non football chat covering every topic you could imagine.

There's always Gouffran.... :'(

Better hope for some luck on the injury front then... :D

Mind you Rafa apparently wants to bring in another 2-3 it seems. He could also turn to loans if it gets bad.

Commiserations on the footy. Hopefully the other magpies cheer you up mate! :p

Originally it was Communicata. I think that was the hosting site. Communicata folded and the community moved to a hosting site called Greenspun. Then Greenspun folded and we moved to the NOTTHEBBC site.

Many of the members have been together for over 20 years, with ages between 30's and 70's.

It's very educated group. One of the doctors was on the Hillsborough commission. There are writers for the BBC. One member became a football agent, and is part of a group trying to bring change to FIFA.

Lots of non football chat covering every topic you could imagine.

Sounds like an upper class kind of forum! :D

In all seriousness, sounds like there is a whole range of interesting posters with unique/insightful backgrounds. Could be good reading.

Mind you Rafa apparently wants to bring in another 2-3 it seems. He could also turn to loans if it gets bad.

In all seriousness, sounds like there is a whole range of interesting posters with unique/insightful backgrounds. Could be good reading.

Terrible performance by the Pies! Was a pretty average game all round but kudos to Richmond. Looking forward to the Toon in the morning, will set it to record on BeIn and watch it when I wake up. 4:45am is too early for a weekend!

Terrible performance by the Pies! Was a pretty average game all round but kudos to Richmond. Looking forward to the Toon in the morning, will set it to record on BeIn and watch it when I wake up. 4:45am is too early for a weekend!

Yeah wasn't the greatest. At least it was close I suppose.

I was planning to get up and watch it - still am but feeling tired now and it's going to be dark and cold come 4.45am. Will be a struggle. Will need to harness my inner Rafa spirit and dig deep! :D

Yes and no. More like educated with strong opinions. A couple of the old boys are ex coal miners. Seriously you won't find better toon and football related banter on the internet. I'm not as active on there as I used to be, as one member who I greatly respected and had a few drinks with each time he visited Brisbane passed away suddenly last year.

But seriously it's well worth lurking there if nothing else. When swift's (the football agent) taxi driver talks about player rumours, signings etc it's worth paying attention to.

http://www.notbbc.co.uk/forums/pg=subject&md=flnb&f=unufc&ran=f=unufc&ran=7111474

The only other toon page I visit is a fan page that has been around longer than I have followed NUFC.

http://www.nufc.com

Let the Rafalution begin! Strong team...

13891915_1319482668061976_2552313566160048515_n.jpg

0-1 down at HT due to some bad marking right before HT.

Test for Rafa and the lads to respond. Would like to see Aarons and Shelvey come on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back