The Toon Army Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

From the look of that highlights package we did a little more than survive.Looked creative going forward.
Great signs that Gayle is the goods and clearly keen to 'partner' whoever is up front with him.
Yedlin signing is confirmed and as you say if Aarons foot injury is as serious as is being suggested it will fuel our search to sign another winger.
It'll be no surprise that we play better football in the Championship than we have since Sir Bob in the EPL!:straining::rolleyes::rolleyes:!:huh::huh::straining::straining:

From most match reports, we could have won by 3-4 goals if we had our shooting boots on. Mind you, Cheltenham I think I read are ranked 90th in England so we really should have been playing some good stuff and controlled the game at home.

Hopefully Aarons isn't too bad - I guess we'll see what the tests show up. He was stretchered off apparently which doesn't sound good... A winger of loan or signing surely would need to be a priority. Gouff has done well the last few games but I think I read a French team were trying to nab him and Riviere.

Gamez apparently was quite impressive too. Jesus may be the messiah...at LB. :p

Janmaat to Watford is done apparently. 7.5m. Would probably have preferred a few extra dollars but it is what it is. Yedlin could be ok for us, can play RB and RW I believe, and is still young.

If Aarons' injury is that bad, we really need another winger ASAP.

Good news is that the Brighton game is live on BeIn on Saturday night (2:30am), hopefully I can stay awake!

Yeah, was hoping for maybe like 9m for him given the crazy spending in England at the moment. 7.5 isn't bad I guess. Would be a small profit left over once we presumably bring Yedlin in. jd2010 and Doctor Gero were saying he is probably good enough for a PL side so might be a good addition for us in the Championship.

Hope I am sober and awake for the game - my birthday weekend so may be out on the toon sipping some brown ale :D

oh and Mbabu went on loan to Young Boys in Switzerland for the season - maybe Adam Johnson will put in a transfer request to try and get there one day. :drunk:

Janmaat gone to Watford, Yedlin in! Talk about fast replacements haha.

Krul gone out on loan confirmed too.

Dunno why we didn't just sell Krul. We have Darlow/Elliot/Sels and Woodman coming through.

Yeah I was thinking the same - we are stacked for keepers...

Krul's been a good servant but probably the one we can afford to sell.

Hopefully we loan out Woodman too for his development.

Will be interesting to see if Darlow starts the Brighton game.

Yeah I was thinking the same - we are stacked for keepers...

Krul's been a good servant but probably the one we can afford to sell.

Hopefully we loan out Woodman too for his development.

Will be interesting to see if Darlow starts the Brighton game.
Happy birthday as well

Happy birthday as well

Ha! Cheers mate - Yedlin was an early birthday pressie I guess.

Just hoping for Messi and Fyfe respectively to signal their desire to play at the Toon and Tigers respectively now. :D

Ha! Cheers mate - Yedlin was an early birthday pressie I guess.

Just hoping for Messi and Fyfe respectively to signal their desire to play at the Toon and Tigers respectively now. :D
Last time you asked for two Townsend's it didn't work out so well...

Gayle and Mitro ruled out this week with concussion. Leaves us very thin up front.

Happy birthday NUFC Tiger also.

Haha thanks mate!

Saw that this morning...not ideal at all.

Thankfully Perez scored 2 this week so might have some goal scoring touch going into the game. I'd probably have Perez start with Diame behind and Gouff and Ritchie wide. Armstrong off the bench.

Big chance for Armstrong as well. He just got a new 4 year deal too. Not sure who else we have that could make the bench...Riviere anyone lol?

I think I also saw Aarons is out for 8 weeks...might need to bring someone in on loan or sign someone up. Fairly lengthy injury.

We're playing really well, very happy with that. Hopefully continue after HT in the same manner and snag another goal or so. That attempt from Gouffran would have been a pretty awesome goal also

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good effort robertg22 and scon staying up! I got home from birthday celebrations around 2.20 but was too tired to watch the game. :D

Great result given our missing strikers and against a strong promotion rival.

Nice to see Shelvey score his first goal and Lascelles header was great as well. If Gouffran's effort had of gone in, would be an early contender for goal of the season surely haha. Credit where it's due, Rafa might have un-Pardewed the guy.

International break now but looks like we might have a few more faces coming in with Murphy (ex Scumberland player) seemingly close - a striker who can play Left wing and apparently scores for fun at this level as well as a Moroccan lad Lazaar? who's a LB at Palermo. Apparently a pretty good player was in the crowd for the game.

Birthday celebrations or drinking the pain away from the Richmond performance? ;)

Yeah we are well placed at the moment. Looking forward to seeing the next few months unfold.

Bit of both haha! Thank god this AFL season is over...and that there is the prospect of some joy on the Toon front :D

Looks like Lazaar has landed - signing 11 I think?

Tiote looks like he is off to Turkey too - should clear off some of the wage bill.

Just need to get Sissoko sold haha.

Good riddance haha! Glad we didn't cave.

Hugh profit given he only cost us 1.5 - I think we ended the window with a profit of like 31m despite bringing in 12 odd players!

Amazing what bringing in someone with an idea (Rafa) can do - easily our best signing of the window was keeping him.

Atsu in on loan from Chelsea.

Whole bunch of others went out on loan - Riviere to Osasuna, Vuckic, Ameobi, Sterry and I think a few others from the U21s. Armstrong to Barnsley as well but ineligible to play against us.

55m for two players who cost us a combined 14 (I think) is good business indeed. Let's hope we put ourselves in a really good position by January to attract another couple of quality players to the club.

Everton apparently sent a private jet to pick the prick up.

Money for old rope!

Yeah I saw that, felt a bit sorry for Everton actually. Seems like it was all lined up and as soon as Sissoko got a whiff of Spurs' bid, he did a u turn. Fairly mercenary type behaviour - not a shock :D

Yeah I saw that, felt a bit sorry for Everton actually. Seems like it was all lined up and as soon as Sissoko got a whiff of Spurs' bid, he did a u turn. Fairly mercenary type behaviour - not a shock :D

Everton dodged a bullet big time. They should be rapt!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back