The VEGAN cuckoo-land that is infesting politics and which farmers are fighting daily.

Remove this Banner Ad

Infrotunately we live in a privacy free time
Is it much different to business people having their place of business publicly known?
Or people having listed numbers or lots of photos on facebook
Sure most farmers live on site.
I would imagine most farmers would have nothing to worry about,but if they only published the ones that did then it would be obvious as to what future motives are.
Im happy to have whistle blowers call out bad practices and have bad practises change.

I know my permi farmers would be more than happy to have everyone of their farming practices recorded and aired on tv

Oh come on.
You're comparing where people advertise, to where people are giving out addresses without consent?
There are tens of thousands of innocent families on that website.

I agree with you to the extent that soil requires nutrients to be returned. Historically this has been achieved with animal product (manure, BloodnBone, guano etc), however in recent times it has been chemical industries providing Nitrogen. (Of course this has provided other problems with excess nitrogen runoff into waterways). That said, I'm not convinced that animals are the only way to close the nutrient gap, and on its own it is a poor argument for animal agriculture.

There are a number of successful vegan farms in operation, I could google but I don't think it's really key to our conversation.
Chemical fertilisers are made from fossil fuels they kill the little bugs in the soil(animals) and destroy the the fungi and accelerate the bad bacteria which kills of the good bacteria.
Love to see a vegan farm that defies the laws of nature.....its impossible without inputs to export vegetables

How do they close the mineral mining loop if they dont get there customers to come back and crap in their compost bin ?

Oh come on.
You're comparing where people advertise, to where people are giving out addresses without consent?
There are tens of thousands of innocent families on that website.
Im sure most are innocent and have nothing to worry about and some have a lot to hide and are screaming loudest.

How hard is it to find out what farmer farms what and where?

Im sure most are innocent and have nothing to worry about and some have a lot to hide and are screaming loudest.

How hard is it to find out what farmer farms what and where?

That must be easy to say when you're not on the list.
Who, exactly, has a lot to hide here?
And why are innocent people being lumped in with these alleged wrongdoer's?

Is it anymore than a list of who farms what and where?

No, the group behind it are encouraging people to go out, take photo's and generally be a pain in the arse about a topic of which they have no understanding.
It's an animal extremist website that makes no bones about wanting to stop livestock production.
So, if I have a mob of wild dogs, (which I have), chase a mob of cattle and take down a calf, and someone takes a photo, before I find it and euthanase it, I am wide open for being a 'bad' farmer.
There will be no context, it will be put up on the website and I will be vilified.
I could give you countless examples of where this could be manipulated.

Neither do I. It was just a guess. But this sounds suspiciously like a Murdoch initiated fear campaign to create faux outrage at a few hippie vegans who are going to totally destroy agriculture in Australia and turn us all into communists.

I hope you've committed to vote for Sco Mo, otherwise there'll be no more meat for you.
Have a steak sanga for lunch whilst reading the Herald Sun.

I was talking to an ex worker on a horse racing stud that told some stories that would probably have the racing industry closed down overnight ,I would imagine they wouldnt want people on there with cameras.
In the Bundy floods there was lots of stored chemicals that went out on the barrier reef, the farmers probably wouldnt want their sheds filmed,but they need to be held to account
Then there would be lots of other things I cant even think off that would be great to expose and stamp out

I have no problem with veganism or vegetarianism, in fact I have dabbled with the latter myself and will probably end up a full-time vegetarian one day.

What I do have a major problem with myself is the extremist elements of veganism who turn it into a religion and a resultant rabid cause. You can advocate your beliefs in a sensible, mature way without resorting to radical, offensive or outright illegal methods.

No, the group behind it are encouraging people to go out, take photo's and generally be a pain in the arse about a topic of which they have no understanding.
It's an animal extremist website that makes no bones about wanting to stop livestock production.
So, if I have a mob of wild dogs, (which I have), chase a mob of cattle and take down a calf, and someone takes a photo, before I find it and euthanase it, I am wide open for being a 'bad' farmer.
There will be no context, it will be put up on the website and I will be vilified.
I could give you countless examples of where this could be manipulated.
Killing a wild dog is being a bad farmer to a vegan only, most people wouldnt see it as anything but necessary.
Its not like you would lose a customer.
Most wild dogs are just farm dogs being let out going roque someone should be filming the famrer who lets his dogs roam and he should be vilified

I was talking to an ex worker on a horse racing stud that told some stories that would probably have the racing industry closed down overnight ,I would imagine they wouldnt want people on there with cameras.
In the Bundy floods there was lots of stored chemicals that went out on the barrier reef, the farmers probably wouldnt want their sheds filmed,but they need to be held to account
Then there would be lots of other things I cant even think off that would be great to expose and stamp out
That doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Combine animals with money and the latter almost exclusively takes priority over animal welfare.

What are you talking about?
We're not horse trainers.
The Bundy floods were exceptional and yes, we must have bunded, secured areas for all chemical storage and it IS checked for compliance.
Hardly a farmers fault if a once in a lifetime flood sweeps his shed away ffs.

Killing a wild dog is being a bad farmer to a vegan only, most people wouldnt see it as anything but necessary.
Its not like you would lose a customer

No, I'm talking about euthanasing the calf, or not euthanasing it prior to a photo being taken.
I cgaf if some vegan complained about me shooting a wild dog.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I'm talking about euthanasing the calf, or not euthanasing it prior to a photo being taken.
I cgaf if some vegan complained about me shooting a wild dog.

Pretty sure thats common practice seen on tv shows and movies,still likely to only offend a vegan

Chemical fertilisers are made from fossil fuels they kill the little bugs in the soil(animals) and destroy the the fungi and accelerate the bad bacteria which kills of the good bacteria.
Love to see a vegan farm that defies the laws of nature.....its impossible without inputs to export vegetables

How do they close the mineral mining loop if they dont get there customers to come back and crap in their compost bin ?

Crop rotation and compost.

Crop rotation and compost.

Your still exporting minerals every time a veg leaves the farm,its an open loop
Only nitrogen can come from the air for free.

You would need to buy/get compost to make up the net loss (with zero animal inputs)

Crop rotation is just shifting the deck chairs it doesnt stop the mineral mining just slows it down and distributes it, while waiting for the eventual decline without inputs.

There is no way to run a sustainable organic vegetable farm that allows vegetables to leave the property without diminishing the soil, without inputs.
Animals are the best inputs.

This is why veganism is unsustainable
Vegetarianism is a bit more sustainable, but not totally sustainable, because the animals will eventually breed and eat all your veg and starve(or you would starve) if someone wasnt eating them too.
Yes vegetarians could exist in a society that also included meat eaters and vegans could too if they didnt complain about it and accepted the reality of the real world,that needs meat eaters to be sustainable.
Sure campaign against animal cruelty, deforestation,water flows and chemicals in agriculture,just accept animals are a necessary part of the solution

Last edited:
Grass fed beef causes substantially lower emissions than grain fed.
If the vegans did their research they'd know grass fed beef is virtually carbon neutral as per the most recent papers released late last year.
The thing is they don
Yep, I take your point

The National Party will back you....nah, sorry, I was just taking the piss.....but seriously, tell them you have Coal on your property
That coal will be paying for your dole money or subsidised arts degree

But in
haven’t you got a protest rally that you need to be researching for?

Grass fed beef causes substantially lower emissions than grain fed.
If the vegans did their research they'd know grass fed beef is virtually carbon neutral as per the most recent papers released late last year.
No! The majority of vegans are halfwits whom have just jumped on to the bandwagon who in general have nfi but eating meat is bad! They turn up and harass farmers, shop owners and protest to fill an empty void in their meaningless life!

Wait for the next pro abortion rally the majority of them will be there supporting it!

Gotta love the hypocrisy of the leftist movement!

Meat consumption certainly is out of control.

The meat industry has too many protections. How many cattle died in QLD? You realise we have 25 million head here. 1 cow for every single Australian citizen.

I don't give a flying **** about any stupid farm animal. Mutant species pumped full of drugs and bred for profit. Disgusting. Give the land back to the bilbies, koalas, platapuses and bandicoots before we lose them all forever.

I'm not 100% against people eating meat but 1kg+ per person per week is insane. It's no wonder heart disease is rampant, people are literally killing themselves and the taxpayer is footing the bill with the healthcare system cutting people open. Hey at least the Surgeons are so busy they can all afford a Lambo every year or two.

So we kill ourselves and the environment for what??? MMMMM MEAT YUM ME MAN ME EAT MEAT LOL

******* idiots brainwashed by mass marketing telling them how yummy meat is. The lot of your in this thread making stupid jokes about eating dead animals are shameful and disgusting.
https://newspunch.com/doctor-warns-...x77h7OyUEqsNnF22Wr8eXGaHzc8uo4A--aCuBtYuGiYw0

Lol. Wingnuts getting all threatened by some hippie vegetarians. Must be terrible to live in fear of everything and everyone.

Hey I know. Vote for Sco Mo and Co. He doesn't have any policies and he'll cut your wages and close your schools and hospitals. But he'll protect you from these hippies that terrify you so.

Oh yeah. He'll also stop the boats and stop the taxes. Derp derp.
So a bunch of vegans drive out from the city to the bush! Start randomly filming out side of the farmers house and his lively lively hood!

When more research is done the driver is a known activist and trouble maker!

So if a car stopped off in front of your place and just randomly filming, you, partner children, you would have a problem?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back