The Vent Thread - Richmond only

Remove this Banner Ad

my vent about the game, is Vickery's inability to know who and what is around him. that boundary throw in when tuck went up, and vicks tapped the ball out of his hand straight to Gibbs, they go and kick a goal, then 4 more, was the turning point in the game. he leaves it for tuck, we have the ball in an attacking position of the ground.

Are you having a laugh? Vickery was the ruckman ...

1. This board + the Main board turn into complete and utter vile, troll filled s**t heaps after a Richmond loss.

2. Don't get the King hate for the game, was at the game and Jakey gave it 110% all game, his pressure was amazing in the first half, dropped off in the 2nd but that's true to our entire team.

for us to go to the next level we need to draft needs and get a coach who can take them to the next level.
dont give me this rubbish about dimma doing this. he had no imagination today. does he instruct morris to be 20 m of his man?

Seven coaches will be on the end of finals losses by the end September - and by your reckoning you'd sack the lot!

I'm just left shaking my head with bewilderment at some of the irrational, incoherent, cockamamie garbage posted on this board.

It's heartbreaking I know, but now is the time to get around the Tigers and take stock of the season we've had - not drive knives into the coaches back or single out player as solely responsible for yesterday's loss.

Ok new day clear mind
We are still short on hard skilled players,more tiggers we need.
We missed White yesterday, he plays for the jumper.He was running laps at Punt rd yesterday morning I felt so sorry for him.
Rance needs to stand up!!
Cotchin will be a fantastic captain and leader of our club
We have far to many players that are fringe players...not up to the standard we need.
Love Ivan but he needs help
Officals... Punt rd should have been opened yesterday much sooner than it was...So many parents with kids waited over 2 hours for a kick on the ground
Jack why was he booed so much yesterday not by Richmond of course,I thought he did his bit for an injured player.
I love my Richmond family when we get together we make a mighty roar

Will never happen, but we need to get rid of Riewoldt (obviously for quality compensation) score assists aside he is a total spud as a key forward.
That is crazy Bazzar- said it going home last night, what we need is another tall forward who can clunk a mark and allow Jack to roam the F50. Do any of the young guys on the list have the goods to be that player? Maybe. If the List Manager and Recruiting Manager do not think so, then we need to find one.
IMO, what we need to work on all summer is our F50 entry strategy. I am getting really pissed off that all we do is just bomb it long to Ty and Jack. Said it after going to the practice game against the Dogs in February, no-one leads in our F50 and when we bomb it, they contest against each other. It is so frustrating.
It cost us again yesterday, as did the centre bounce clearance work. Should have played Stephenson, as I and a few others had called for all week.
We need to recruit a tall forward, more mids, a young TALL ruckman and a quick skillful small half forward.

That is crazy Bazzar- said it going home last night, what we need is another tall forward who can clunk a mark and allow Jack to roam the F50. Do any of the young guys on the list have the goods to be that player? Maybe. If the List Manager and Recruiting Manager do not think so, then we need to find one.
IMO, what we need to work on all summer is our F50 entry strategy. I am getting really pissed off that all we do is just bomb it long to Ty and Jack. Said it after going to the practice game against the Dogs in February, no-one leads in our F50 and when we bomb it, they contest against each other. It is so frustrating.
It cost us again yesterday, as did the centre bounce clearance work. Should have played Stephenson, as I and a few others had called for all week.
We need to recruit a tall forward, more mids, a young TALL ruckman and a quick skillful small half forward.

Skillful forward to help Jack, young tall ruckman, and quick skillful half forward ........Liam McBean anyone?

If he can develop would be good for Jack and Ty i think. .....not wanting to put too much pressure on a guy who's played no games ;-)

I'm not sure about what you guys thought, but after getting home from the game and watching the replay I felt the tigers were making a concerted effort to get into the heads of Carlton players.

After missed goals or silly frees the blues gave away, there seemed to always be a tiger getting in their face. Do you think this was a hardwick message? Or perhaps an over compensation from the players to not be over whelmed by the final?

Let's face it, Carlton are our bogey team. We have had a lot of them over the years, but the three games against them this year all went eerily similar. In all three, we got out to big leads, only for them to come at us and overrun us. Had Yarran kicked straight in the first game and had the game gone another minute, we would have lost that as well.
To me, this is not good enough. once in those circumstances I can handle. Twice, I can forgive. But three times? Nope.

my vent about the game, is Vickery's inability to know who and what is around him. that boundary throw in when tuck went up, and vicks tapped the ball out of his hand straight to Gibbs, they go and kick a goal, then 4 more, was the turning point in the game. he leaves it for tuck, we have the ball in an attacking position of the ground.
Are you seriously going to try and put that on Vickerys head? He was the ruckmen, Tuck should never have gone up and knocked it out of his hands, he should have stayed down to collect the tap.

I'm not being smart, but your coach would hate Carlton more than you! He is ex Essendon! It wasnt his fault, He was up against a pretty handy coach with a bit of experience, also ladder position means nothing in finals, 95000 there and two big rivals, just bounced our way today

just like the last 11 times..whenever there is any coaching, comeback and decent coaching required, we are sadly outclassed.

We win games on ability..ask yourself how many games under 10 points Teflon hardwick has won compared to how many he has lost?

Have we ever come from behind ie more than three goals?

Do we ever make surprise moves?

swingman?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone is saying we need a forward but I think our real problem lies in 2 key areas.

Our midfield is great but too often not enough of them are willing to bury their heads over the pill in the trenches & stand up in the clinches. Once this midfield learns how to run 4 ways for 4 quarters on the big stage & when the heat is on then having a talented midfield will always be just that - a talented midfield. Too often this year teams have piled on goals in quick succession. It is the one thing that Dimma need addressed in the pre-season. Putting the ball in the air does jack s**t and screams turnover and jitters. KEEP DOING WHAT GOT YOU THE LEAD FFS.

Secondly our defence was towelled up yesterday. Finals defences are better then that. Rance's positioning was off yesterday so were a few other defenders. I still believe we are still 1-2 defenders away from being a quality side.

Forward line is not the problem. JR got towelled up yesterday but plenty of forwards have been shut down this year. The quality sides still find ways to win.

ARGGGH!!! I needed a release just then. So frustrated right now but it will make us a stronger team in the future.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4

just like the last 11 times..whenever there is any coaching, comeback and decent coaching required, we are sadly outclassed.

We win games on ability..ask yourself how many games under 10 points Teflon hardwick has won compared to how many he has lost?

swingman?
No worries Rocky Balboa or Ron Jeremy or whoever you are. :thumbsdown:

swingman?
Time to call Ross Lyon directly?

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk 4

Does anyone think the occasion was a bit overwhelming for the team yesterday ? I think it may have been enough to tip them over into not quite playing the way we know they can. Difficult to train for finals. That knowledge and experience only really comes with that actual experience. I guess time will tell but I think we'll see a difference over the next couple of seasons. :thumbsu: Go Tiges

Everyone is saying we need a forward but I think our real problem lies in 2 key areas.

Our midfield is great but too often not enough of them are willing to bury their heads over the pill in the trenches & stand up in the clinches. Once this midfield learns how to run 4 ways for 4 quarters on the big stage & when the heat is on then having a talented midfield will always be just that - a talented midfield. Too often this year teams have piled on goals in quick succession. It is the one thing that Dimma need addressed in the pre-season. Putting the ball in the air does jack s**t and screams turnover and jitters. KEEP DOING WHAT GOT YOU THE LEAD FFS.

Secondly our defence was towelled up yesterday. Finals defences are better then that. Rance's positioning was off yesterday so were a few other defenders. I still believe we are still 1-2 defenders away from being a quality side.

Forward line is not the problem. JR got towelled up yesterday but plenty of forwards have been shut down this year. The quality sides still find ways to win.

This post is 100% spot on.

Can't believe people cannot see the only reason we lost was we were absolutely knackered and could only run for about 2 quarters. I sat near the interchange and when our players came off they were absolutely stuffed...goneeee early in the 3rd. Carlton players came off blowing but not to the same extent.

We just had 0 spread all day. Ellis/Grigg/Edwards combined for 37 touches. All year these guys would be averaging closer to 80.

Secondly the defence had a shocker. Probably the worst game I have seen Grimes play and Stevie Morris had his colours lowered for the first time. Chaplin dropped marks...it all adds up.

Does anyone think the occasion was a bit overwhelming for the team yesterday ? I think it may have been enough to tip them over into not quite playing the way we know they can. Difficult to train for finals. That knowledge and experience only really comes with that actual experience. I guess time will tell but I think we'll see a difference over the next couple of seasons. :thumbsu: Go Tiges

Think Hardwick nailed it on the head. He said it is a bit of a myth and when you play enough big games there isn't much difference.

Didn't take opportunities early and were overrun in the middle.

It Pretty much said to me " I can't really be arsed running hard for another 10-15 meters" little alarm bells went off for me and then it spread like cancer.

Had Jake King 40m clear of anyone on his outside. Could've strolled in.
Very similar to Tucks shot. Had a free option on his outside to stroll in.
The boundary utensil up with TV was a similar calamitous brain fade.

But I think it was more finals pressure causing lack of composure, rather than can't be arsed running.

Every year the same thing is said, big bodies win you finals... Duigan, Robinson, Judd. We'll be better for the run and another big pre-season.

Shattering.

And for all the pre-game Petterd hate - he had the highest disposal efficiency in the game, pretty good for someone who can't kick. I thought he was one of our better players.

Now the dust has settled I can look at this game objectively and try to make sense of what went wrong and why.

2 areas I think we lost the game.

Our first qtr domination and lack of reward was always going to hurt. At the time I was frustrated with all those wasted inside 50's however, our guys were pumped on adrenalin and not thinking just bombing the ball. Understandable for a team so inexperienced. We will learn that cool heads to spot up targets are needed.

Very disappointed with our backline, Chaplin dropping marks, Rance turnovers but more importantly the many times Morris and Grimes overran the ball. Just gotta take the ball with you if in front. I felt that at half time Carlton should not have been 6 goals. Our backline errors cost us big time. eg. 2 on 2 2nd qtr outer side and Chaplin drops an easy mark, falls to Rance who then panics and kicks to a Carlton player 10 metres away. They go forward for a goal. If Chaplin takes that mark, like all season, then a different story. Another one was again in qtr 2 during that period where the ball was locked in Carlton's forward line and we couldn't get it out. Dropped mark by Ellis in goalsquare evetually leads to Robinson snap goal.

These two areas are fixable. Inexperience and nerves. We shot our bolt in the first half. Should have been 40+ points up.

Anyway you may note that i think the 2nd half fadeout was irrelevant. We wasted chances and allowed Carlton goals they should not have got- all in the first half.

regards FFS

A new benchmark in disappointment. Incredible day, and the most passionate atmosphere I can recall. And then we lost.

I'll be able to provide my thoughts on the game when I regain my capacity for reasoned thought, but for the life of me I have no idea when that will be.

My walk home normally takes 15 minutes. Last night: 2 hours, 10 minutes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back