Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

No, it was not made by Puma. Even if they made a player issue in a retail cut, they wouldn't butcher the AFL logo and the blue man, and they wouldn't use a different number font.

Someone's made a very identical counterfeit, probably using detailed pics from my site to get it right.
And yet they couldn't go to the simple effort of downloading a proper copy of the AFL logo. Silly sausages.

Speaking of fake West Coast guernseys on eBay, this one is a fake, stay away. Apart from the fact this is a 'retail' cut with the stitched on size tag (player issue had it printed onto the guernsey fabric), look at the AFL logo and the little blue man compared to genuine. And the number font is wrong, the 7 should be straight. not curved and the 3 is off.
Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/252665396122

West Coast Eagles Afl Vfl Jumper Jersey Guernsey

Fake:

s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Genuine:

5698992_orig.jpg
It's also missing the 'r' after puma on the hip tag. The worrying thing is that this jumper looks pretty good, attention to finer details and this may pass. The printing, especially the names on the back would suggest professional equipment. Are we talking about a retail being mocked up to a player issue here, or is this done from scratch

It's also missing the 'r' after puma on the hip tag. The worrying thing is that this jumper looks pretty good, attention to finer details and this may pass. The printing, especially the names on the back would suggest professional equipment. Are we talking about a retail being mocked up to a player issue here, or is this done from scratch
Would love to hold it and feel how genuine the material feels

The only question I have is why would you make an Adam Selwood fake? Surely the big bucks are still in 3 and 9?

You can get some amazing stuff out of China now.

My memory is getting Hazy these days.
Chris_who , FXD or any of the record/eagle eye magazines might be able to shed some further light. I cant find my September 2007 Eagle Eye Magazine however i am adament that theres and article on the old WA guys and they were presented with what i remember being the 2007 State Heritage jumpers but i think they werent issues. However did have the team on the back and were somewhat a hybrid of the player issues/ match worns but werent retail either.

If someone wants to find that magazine and have a look. Might solve some discrepancies and put it to bed

My memory is getting Hazy these days.
Chris_who , FXD or any of the record/eagle eye magazines might be able to shed some further light. I cant find my September 2007 Eagle Eye Magazine however i am adament that theres and article on the old WA guys and they were presented with what i remember being the 2007 State Heritage jumpers but i think they werent issues. However did have the team on the back and were somewhat a hybrid of the player issues/ match worns but werent retail either.

If someone wants to find that magazine and have a look. Might solve some discrepancies and put it to bed
Off the top of my head, Wa state jumpers used to go 1-25 back in the day
They rarely went in to the 30s
From memory the 1977 players were presented with their number on the 2007 heritage

Because that very question means it has to be real, because who would do that they'd have to be crazy.
No it's definitely fake.

I reckon the reason why they didn't use a number like 3, 4, 9, etc. is because that would be too obvious. 37 is more likely to convince people like you that it's real.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well one bidder retracted their max bid of $450 bringing the price of the auction down from $455 to $275. Hopefully others follow suit.

I've worked out who the current second highest bidder is (have done business with them before), and I've messaged them all the relevant details, and linked them to the 'fakes' section of your website.

I've done a bit more digging, and have discovered that the current top bidder recently won another Eagles guernsey. I've contacted the seller of that particular jumper, and they are going to forward my message to the bidder.

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

Sounds like somebody has realised he's been found out.
Seller looking to offer the current highest bidder the jumper off ebay or via a second chance before they have no bidders left?

upload_2016-12-15_8-38-57.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back