The "What Are You Listening To?" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just started sinking my teeth into this. Pretty unreal. It's like listening to a radio station decades into the future. Nyege Nyege and Hakuna Kulala are probably my favourite labels in the world at the moment.

NinjaSwan, there's a pretty cool Duma track pretty different to anything on their album on here.

A mate put me on to this song by Brisbane group Full Flower Moon Band last week. It's since been on high rotation at casa de guero. I sense my neighbour loves it just as much as I do - there's always lots of crashing and banging from her every time I crank it up. I can only assume she's a clumsy dancer.

I'm currently digging to Elite Beat's two compilations on Research Records, Blake Scott's album, The Peep Tempel's Joy, Anything released on Hessle Audio, and some other s**t I can't remember.

This is my favourite thread in all of the Sweet FA :)

Follow me on RYM if you'd like to keep even more up to date with what I'm listening to!
You have very interesting taste :)

A bit surprised On The Corner didn't get a mention along with the Miles Davis albums you rated 4.5. It's a pretty wild album.

I'm currently digging to Elite Beat's two compilations on Research Records, Blake Scott's album, The Peep Tempel's Joy, Anything released on Hessle Audio, and some other sh*t I can't remember.

You have very interesting taste :)

A bit surprised On The Corner didn't get a mention along with the Miles Davis albums you rated 4.5. It's a pretty wild album.
Cheers mate :)

I've got to work my way through listening to Miles Davis' discography again. There's quite a few gems I've not rated yet. My housemate's a huge Miles fan, so only a matter of time.

Just looked up Elite Beat - definitely looks right up my alley, so will have to check out those compilations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back