The What Band/Music Can You Not Stop Listening To ATM Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Combine an excellent Dylan composition ) with a fantastic backing band and the talent of Eric Clapton and this is what you get:

(the pre-music chat only goes for about 60 seconds)

[youtube]Iqxp-EGhSFc[/youtube]

[youtube]gTw2YvutJRA[/youtube]​

Anddddd

[youtube]KTOkav6uTGM[/youtube]​

Combine an excellent Dylan composition ) with a fantastic backing band and the talent of Eric Clapton and this is what you get:

(the pre-music chat only goes for about 60 seconds)

[youtube]Iqxp-EGhSFc[/youtube]

Awesome video. I believe this is from the Bob Dylan 30th Anniversary Concert, which contains some of the best Dylan covers ever. Clapton also does a great version of "Don't Think Twice, It's Alright", which is what was released on the CD/VHS as his contribution. Very disappointed that this was never officially released on DVD.

Some more great videos from the Bob Dylan 30th Anniversay Concert..

The Band - When I Paint My Masterpiece (Levon Helm = LEGEND!!)

[YOUTUBE]bO2CUzXY0ZA[/YOUTUBE]

Shawn Colvin, Mary Chapin Carpenter & Rosanne Cash - You Ain't Going Npwhere

[YOUTUBE]rYKGE6erN0Q[/YOUTUBE]

Neil Young - All Along The Watchtower

[YOUTUBE]tJnj2j5kI[/YOUTUBE]

Some more great videos from the Bob Dylan 30th Anniversay Concert..

The Band - When I Paint My Masterpiece (Levon Helm = LEGEND!!)

Shawn Colvin, Mary Chapin Carpenter & Rosanne Cash - You Ain't Going Nowhere

Neil Young - All Along The Watchtower

I't's a massive shame that soundtrack was never released as a vid, 24_Spud.

And you're right about Levon Helm and The Band (called by that name because they were Dylan's backing band and that's what he called them).

Their American blues/roots rock music influenced so many people. They didn't copy the Beatles or the Stones or anyone else. They played music their way and influenced people like Harrison, Clapton, Elton John, Neil Young, Tom Petty.

Good lesson for footy coaches in all that.

Loving this band atm:

[YOUTUBE]9ZFLmhFn0mg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-Oh5qgBAq5I[/YOUTUBE]

Also, this band, that have recently reformed:

[YOUTUBE]xljQoQjrZJw[/YOUTUBE]

Loving this band atm:

[YOUTUBE]9ZFLmhFn0mg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]-Oh5qgBAq5I[/YOUTUBE]

Also, this band, that have recently reformed:

[YOUTUBE]xljQoQjrZJw[/YOUTUBE]

Absolutely love the eels cover of Princes "I Could Never Take The Place of Your Man" from Triple Js "Like a Version" album. There's a link to another of their covers of it on youtube, not as good as the LAV version IMO, but still damn catchy!!

[YOUTUBE]FOXT-Naxyq4[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, that was awesome, Spud.

I'm only just getting into Eels now, and I'm starting to get right into them.

Cheers for that.

On a slightly unrelated note, here's another awesome song that is Eels related, though not of the band variety.

Probably have to watch the whole episode to understand this clip without thinking WTF?, but it's funny nonetheless.

[YOUTUBE]H-dFDMGI1yw[/YOUTUBE]

Mighty Boosh FTW.

Speaking of The Band and drummers who sing (Levon Helm and the guy from the Eels who looks for all the world like he could have played with the Band in a previous life), here's a great performance by Levon and the Band. Watch how tight Robbie Robertson keeps the brass section together while he's playing the guitar.

By the way, Spud's contribution from the Eels sounds like it might have inspired Paul Kelly when it starts off.

[youtube]sMHyovwX7JM[/youtube]

The WHO have been in my CD stacker for a solid month now.

With the AFL season revving up... very appropriate if you consider the kids we have in.

THE Kids are alright. :thumbsu: A song for the opposition.. Teenage Wasteland. Shhhh. :p

The Who are never far from my CD player.:thumbsu:

I've been giving BJM a good run of late. One of my all time favorite tunes.

[youtube]lSptPm1C1nM[/youtube]

:thumbsu: Cool stuff Mario - did you catch them at The Hifi Bar last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, I didn't mate.

I assume you did, how did it go?

They were pretty good and Anton refrained from punching or stabbing any of the band members. However, I wasn't so restrained - you can read my review of the night here. But I refrained from mentioning in my account that the main peon mentioned tasted my fist.

They were pretty good and Anton refrained from punching or stabbing any of the band members. However, I wasn't so restrained - you can read my review of the night here. But I refrained from mentioning in my account that the main peon mentioned tasted my fist.

Good stuff. :thumbsu:

You've posted before on this forum ?

Must have missed that.

The 50 bucks is in the mail.:thumbsu:

Been really diggin' Nick Lowe's original (What's So Funny) 'Bout Peace, Love and Understanding. Still really like Elvis Costello's version, but reckon this is just so much better, so much more "real". I've got an audio of a live version, which I reckon is much better, but this gives you a general idea...

[YOUTUBE]rkpf4jpL74U[/YOUTUBE]

Phoenix's new album is a good listen.

hi guys, phenomenon boy here again.

phoenix are cool. i really like them but tod reckons their too french. whatever the fcuk that means ?

he wants me to post a song by some weirdo swedish band that no-one's ever heard of that he keeps crapping on about to me.

great.

he reckons they sound like the pixies most of the time but i can't really hear it on this song.

not a bad track though.

Hell On Wheels - "Soda"

[youtube]ABkqJbueixM[/youtube]

I turn 40 in 2 weeks and my kids all of a sudden think i'm an old fart and are giving me heaps about my liking for artists such as Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Neil Young and my love of classical talent such as Andrea Bocelli. They just think I'm old.:)
Anyway to turn things around a bit I introduced them to Amon Amarth-Twighlight Of The Thunder God.
Now my 13yo and my 10yo think I'm at least still a little bit cool again.:p

13 yo daughter has never heard anything like this before as she only really hears radio music so was just blown away with the power and energy of it all.
Young bloke loves swords and Vikings and killing etc.. so thought it was just awesome.
I still think like him.:)

[YOUTUBE]edBYB1VCV0k&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back