GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
It has always been assumed that PARADICE is spelt wrong but not only was it spelt that way in English around the 15th century it is also spelt that way in some other languages. If you assume it is spelt correctly it could narrow the possible suspects, but then it could also expand it in a multicultural country.

The most basic definition of it that i can find is - "a place of pleasure" - from the Greek language, the word itself is believed to have come the Persian language. Whilst Greece did manage to win the Greco-Persian wars in the end many Greek city states where at some point or another conquered, held and influenced by Persia. This went on for about 100 years.

We see similar occurrences in the English language still today amongst different English speaking countries, and foreign languages often translate with different spellings.

So the question is is it really spelt wrong or just spelt that way by someone of another nationality/language?
Possibly - that may well be an angle that might solve the rest

But I cant help feel that the depth of crypto suggests a fluent speaker of English ie born to it

MisterMarcus

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2009
Pascoe Vale
AFL Club
Geelong
I tend to like the 'military' theory; that he was involved in the armed forces or joined them shortly after he began his killing spree. The violence and 'hunting of man' terminology suggests he could be one of those personality types who joins the military "To Kill".

Plus, as others have said, the cyphers could be from some sort of military training in intelligence or coding.

It might also explain why the killings suddenly stopped. This was the height of the Vietnam War; maybe he got shipped off to 'Nam and was killed in action? Nobody makes any connection because he's just one of many random people who died in the war.

johnymac1

Team Captain
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
some theories out there suggest that the teacher that cracked the code had something to do with Zodiac

Donald Harden and his wife, were said to have cracked the first code very quickly, where as the top Navy code breakers couldnt

his description matches Zodiac and some hand writing.

treeman

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 19, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
some theories out there suggest that the teacher that cracked the code had something to do with Zodiac

Donald Harden and his wife, were said to have cracked the first code very quickly, where as the top Navy code breakers couldnt

his description matches Zodiac and some hand writing.
Sounds far fetched. Surely he was ruled out extremely early on in the piece.

Sent from my MI PAD 4 using Tapatalk

GreyCrow

TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Redskins , White Sox
Fouke estimated the white male pedestrian to be 35-to-45 years old, 5'10" tall with a crew cut, similar to but slightly older than the description of the teenagers who observed the killer in and out of Stine's cab as a 25-to-30-year-old crewcut white male about 5-foot-8-inch (1.73 m) to 5-foot-9-inch (1.75 m) tall.

Description from the Paul Stine shooting

Harden was 40-41 in 1969

Possibly from newspaper reports of the time - but if someone can identify when this was taken

1619927479065.png

I dont see crewcut in that

Harden lived in Salinas California which is 106m from San Francisco

johnymac1

Team Captain
Nov 6, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Fouke estimated the white male pedestrian to be 35-to-45 years old, 5'10" tall with a crew cut, similar to but slightly older than the description of the teenagers who observed the killer in and out of Stine's cab as a 25-to-30-year-old crewcut white male about 5-foot-8-inch (1.73 m) to 5-foot-9-inch (1.75 m) tall.

Description from the Paul Stine shooting

Harden was 40-41 in 1969

Possibly from newspaper reports of the time - but if someone can identify when this was taken

View attachment 1116849

I dont see crewcut in that

Harden lived in Salinas California which is 106m from San Francisco
I came across this youtube page by accident, I guess the author beleives it and has posted many vids.

Arthur leigh Allen would be my tip. but there is some doubt he wrote the cyphers

utility

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Funnily Cain was the guy pinned for the Alphabet Crimes in Beverly Hills Cop II. I wonder if the writers based his name on Kane the suspected Zodiac Killer.

Remove this Banner Ad