There are 2 sides out there...

Remove this Banner Ad

The umpiring was as bad as it gets today I thought. 0.5 sec for play on all day gave me the shits.

Our decision-making & turnovers were the most frustrating apsects of the game. But the umpiring was consistently atrocious. Numerous clear infringements against North players were ignored (starting with the hit on MacMillan at the start of the game). Trips, holding, high contact, all ok.....but the slightest excuse to pay the Giants a free, there it was!

And I lost track of the number of times we were called to play on when we hadn't moved off the mark, and had barely had a second to two to go back and take the kick.

yeah...the umpires get together and agree that if the Kangaroos are playing s**t footy that we should bury them in the free kick count....not sure I suscribe to that theory.

Our decision-making & turnovers were the most frustrating apsects of the game. But the umpiring was consistently atrocious. Numerous clear infringements against North players were ignored (starting with the hit on MacMillan at the start of the game). Trips, holding, high contact, all ok.....but the slightest excuse to pay the Giants a free, there it was!

And I lost track of the number of times we were called to play on when we hadn't moved off the mark, and had barely had a second to two to go back and take the kick.

Blokes only had to look sideways and it was play on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched it and it seems we got the rough end of the pineapple, you would have to say the quality of umpiring at GWS or GC is not as good as other 'bigger' games.

Umpiring was poor.

I don't expect it to get any better at Suboooooaco this week.

We'll probably get assigned the three most reactive morons on the umpiring panel.

Yeah it seems as the season has gone on, players have been given less time after a mark before being called to on "Play On" and it reached imbecilic proportions in our game against the GWS.
A few times, it seemed like if the player on the mark went over the mark, that was the signal for the ump to call 'play on'.

Not our game but did anyone see the the incident when a Demon and a Docker went for the ball, hip and shouldered each other, the Docker came of 2nd best and he got a free kick for it. No head high contact at all.

The umpiring was as bad as it gets today I thought. 0.5 sec for play on all day gave me the shits.
Typical umpires game where they pick on one thing for a whole game. If our players even thought of stepping off the line it was called play on, it was ridiculous!

it was pretty much north bad performance i know we won but feel like a lost with the performance. Yea the umpires were bad i could not belive they did not call a trip i think it was zibell that got trip. But everyone if u think that was bad umpireing wait until we play west coast at there ground this week they will get alot of free kicks but screw the umpires we just need to play our best to beat them

The youngsters for the two new sides tend to get a generous run from the umpires, yesterday was nothing surprising.

The hair trigger play-on rule seemed to be this round's overly technical umpiring interpretation. It was fairly obvious across most games on the weekend. Can't wait to see what they come up with next week. My tip is chopping the arms and/or soft ruck infringements, with one D. Cox to be the chief benefactor.

Geischen simply must go. He is a colossal arse clown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back