Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I didn't have one at school, but I saw one at my kids' PS; massive beer gut. Hardly leading by example there.
More a walking contradiction than anything else....Our year 10 phys-ed teacher was a fatty....He'd just sit there & bark instructions.

Decent enough fellow though he was.

I presume they get bored and spend time cutting their own hair into weird and shithouse hair designs

Humans love to over-complicate s**t. Yeah I can do a simple short back and sides but look at my half shaved head with quiff and different colours...

Restaurants are the worst. The menu for the restaurant at the Windsor Hotel here is refreshingly normal.

1550117182293.png

Far too many places these days can't help themselves. They'd only have half a dozen items on a menu this size because each one needs its own paragraph of nonsense.

I'm from the Gordon Ramsay camp of do a few things extremely well. Not this 50 plus items on the menu rubbish. Every pub should do a steak, parma, fish and then rotate a couple of items weekly.

Don't know about a parma, but should be doing a parmi

Humans love to over-complicate s**t. Yeah I can do a simple short back and sides but look at my half shaved head with quiff and different colours...

Restaurants are the worst. The menu for the restaurant at the Windsor Hotel here is refreshingly normal.

View attachment 619346

Far too many places these days can't help themselves. They'd only have half a dozen items on a menu this size because each one needs its own paragraph of nonsense.

where the hell is the chicken parmo?

I'm from the Gordon Ramsay camp of do a few things extremely well. Not this 50 plus items on the menu rubbish. Every pub should do a steak, parma, fish and then rotate a couple of items weekly.

I agree, but I'd rather a place do 10 dishes I recognise that are good than 5 that you need to decipher and probably aren't. There's nothing wrong with doing simple dishes well. Not every dish needs a braised bean curd lemon zest reduction jus on a bed of wilted artichoke marrow.

Humans love to over-complicate s**t.
Can't help but laugh as earlier today I saw a profile on tinder and she described herself as a 'coffee engineer' and all I could think of was the bullshit job titles people give themselves.

'Sanitary engineer' - Garbo
'Sandwich technician' - Subway employee
'Crowd control' - Security
'Social media influencer' - Attention whore
'Brand ambassador' - Gets free s**t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't help but laugh as earlier today I saw a profile on tinder and she described herself as a 'coffee engineer' and all I could think of was the bullshit job titles people give themselves.

I thought Subway employees were 'sandwich artists' which is even worse than technician if you ask me

Can't remember who said it but I read recently that is you can't describe your job in two words it's not a job.

mmmm might have to grab one of these tomorrow with all this sandwich talk
jersey-mikes-bogo-sub.jpg

"Life Coach"

not at production line places like subway. It's like saying the 14 year old microwaving burgers at maccas is a gourmet chef.
Yes but making a good sandwich is a skill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back