Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand people getting around Perth today dressed like it's Moscow winter. High of 22 and blue sky with sun and scattered clouds.

If you are wearing a jumper, coat and scarf today then what the hell are you going to do in July when some days it is actually cold?

Anyway I'm drifting from my original point.

GoT altered itself after the hooks were in. One can argue it was a correction or over correction, but it's the kind of thing that turns me off as a viewer.

StarGate was never gory but the first few seasons it at least showed people with holes in their chest after being shot, the longer it went the more it was like, people were shot and they just feel over, complete PG power rangers style. It irked me. By the sounds of it GoT has done the some with its gratuity.

I don't like it when shows do that.

MacGyver started it's run with voice overs, they were quickly forgotten about.

I don't understand people getting around Perth today dressed like it's Moscow winter. High of 22 and blue sky with sun and scattered clouds.

If you are wearing a jumper, coat and scarf today then what the hell are you going to do in July when some days it is actually cold?
What do they wear if the come to Melbourne? The full arctic getup?

Except Arya, who probably added it in to the last season just so she didn’t miss out. Unfortunately it left most viewers feeling uncomfortable, I imagine.

That was nudity? I had a gander as it was making waves in the internet but it all looked a bit James Bond tier to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The current topic of this thread makes me Feel like I'm in some time-warp....here I've been transported back to 1972, in which 'Number 96' & 'The Box' became compulsory viewing for the first rudeY-nudey scenes on Oz telly.....Of course, as kids, we all got sent to bed before the action kicked off, so I can vividly recall the intro music to that shite show automatically....Twas Abigail who became the first booby bearing babe of the day.

The current topic of this thread makes me Feel like I'm in some time-warp....here I've been transported back to 1972, in which 'Number 96' & 'The Box' became compulsory viewing for the first rudeY-nudey scenes on Oz telly.....Of course, as kids, we all got sent to bed before the action kicked off, so I can vividly recall the intro music to that shite show automatically....Twas Abigail who became the first booby bearing babe of the day.

Not sure why people are relying on random glimpses of nudity on TV. We're all adults, on the Internet. There's pretty much an endless free supply.

Not sure why people are relying on random glimpses of nudity on TV. We're all adults, on the Internet. There's pretty much an endless free supply.

It's about a show remaining consistent with itself and its tone. That's all. I made a comparison to a show that has a declining amount of graphic violence too as it's the same.

There's also that average actresses are more attractive than random people who take their clothes off on the internet.

Lastly, we want to make sure that media is moving forward and not backwards to a state of conservative puritanical bs, as the values of a culture are often represented by the media of its time. There's no doubt that over the course of it's run, GOT went backwards in a few ways.

That's why you had shows like number 96 around the time of the sexual revolution, feminist movement, and female empowerment. It was liberation to take control of ones sexuality, and I'm proud that Australia was at the forefront of that.

Last edited:
It's about a show remaining consistent with itself and its tone. That's all. I made a comparison to a show that has a declining amount of graphic violence too as it's the same.

There's also that average actresses are more attractive than random people who take their clothes off on the internet.

Lastly, we want to make sure that media is moving forward and not backwards to a state of conservative puritanical bs, as the values of a culture are often represented by the media of its time.

That's why you had shows like number 96 around the time of the sexual revolution, feminist movement, and female empowerment. It was liberation to take control of ones sexuality, and I'm proud that Australia was at the forefront of that.

Fair enough.

Some people are just looking for a bit of titilation and a pull, without thinking about it.

it's different dammit
If I had the money I would start a production company that made xxx but with semi decent acting and a half believable script.

Searching for storyline adult movies now yields you results like: "Stepmom gets hand stuck in chest of drawers"

gtfo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back