Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had the money I would start a production company that made xxx but with semi decent acting and a half believable script.

Searching for storyline adult movies now yields you results like: "Stepmom gets hand stuck in chest of drawers"

gtfo

What about actors who don't look like middle aged gym PTs and actresses who don't look like someone's divorced mum doing her best to keep up with the game?

If I had the money I would start a production company that made xxx but with semi decent acting and a half believable script.

Searching for storyline adult movies now yields you results like: "Stepmom gets hand stuck in chest of drawers"

gtfo

Look, whatever earns Angela White her belated, deserved Australian of the Year Award is fine by me.

When you consider the success she's had in her genre, she's arguably Australia's greatest acting export.

I have watched all of GoT except for the last season, just havnt got around to streaming it yet. By the sounds of things its a shithouse last season.

Do I watch the last season or just leave it as is?

Watch it. It isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. The pacing is really bad and that contributes a lot to the problems of the season.

If people can't understand the disappointment and anger towards Game of Thrones, they were probably playing on their ******* phone the whole time. Seasons 1-5 were serious, dramatic television. Seasons 6-7 weren't as good but not too divergent from what it had been either. Season 8 was a Hollywood blockbuster movie and I don't mean the special effects.

If people can't understand the disappointment and anger towards Game of Thrones, they were probably playing on their ******* phone the whole time. Seasons 1-5 were serious, dramatic television. Seasons 6-7 weren't as good but not too divergent from what it had been either. Season 8 was a Hollywood blockbuster movie.
If that's directed at me, I understand it. There's always going to be outrage. I just don't agree with it for the most part. It had to end somehow and most of the boxes got ticked off. Some people were never going to be happy no matter what.

People were always going to be unhappy because it's really Game of Teams (Arya, Jon, Dany etc.) and everyone has their own theories, favourite characters etc. Most people are unhappy because the last season just wasn't very good. I don't understand why after 6 highly successful 10 episode series they opted for 7 and then 6 to wrap it up. S7 felt like they were rushing to get everything in and S8 was just a case of '* it that'll do'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rumour is the show runners were in a hurry to get started on their Star Wars movies.

I thought the last season was pretty average, but hell, it was showing signs in season 4-5 and 6-7 were downright average. Season 8 was just business as usual. I should add, I enjoyed GoT but never loved it nearly as much as some, only watched it because the wife was into it.

Rumour is the show runners were in a hurry to get started on their Star Wars movies.

I thought the last season was pretty average, but hell, it was showing signs in season 4-5 and 6-7 were downright average. Season 8 was just business as usual. I should add, I enjoyed GoT but never loved it nearly as much as some, only watched it because the wife was into it.

I dare say that most people watched it, cause it was the 'in thing' to do, that the majority of people ranted & raved about over at the water-cooler at work.

Which is why I remain blissfully ignorant of the entire thing to this day.

I should add, I enjoyed GoT but never loved it nearly as much as some

Same. I watched the show because I have read the books which I liked but I don't even think are that great once you take the shocking deaths out of the equation.

Last good series I read was The Passage by Justin Cronin. They've also just started making a series of that. It's not too bad actually although nothing like the budget of GoT.

One of my top 3 all-time favourite series (The Wheel of Time) is being made into a show at the moment and I am worried about how it is going to turn out. It is being made by Amazon so I am hoping it gets a decent budget and they don't screw it up.

Nothing is going to get close to the budget GoT did except for the new Lord of the Rings T.V. series.

One of my top 3 all-time favourite series (The Wheel of Time) is being made into a show at the moment and I am worried about how it is going to turn out. It is being made by Amazon so I am hoping it gets a decent budget and they don't screw it up.

Nothing is going to get close to the budget GoT did except for the new Lord of the Rings T.V. series.
I really wish The Dark Tower had gone the tv route instead of that abomination of a movie.

I'm of the view that you sci/fantasy types are all certifiable but when GoT hype first started going off, I immediately thought of the Wheel of Time series as something like that which could be adapted into a series to try to cash in on that success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back