Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"WELL IF THE WHITE MAN DIDN'T COME YOU WOULDN'T HAVE THOSE GLASSES OR THOSE INSULIN INJECTIONS!"

Have you encountered some extremist aboriginals in the flesh? Sometimes I doubt you encounter anything other than comfy white city slickers in your adventures.

Anyway, they're out there and it's because of them these arguments become legitimate. Groups who throw everything behind a belief that white settlement has done nothing (no thing) good for them, whilst they also use the advantages and culture that the first world has to offer to their full potential.

Please tell me more about survival day in between talking about your new blonde hair dye.

Actions and reactions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand vegans/vegos.

I get that the dietary/ethical reasons people choose not to eat meat and I get that some people just don't like it, and I get that with any group there are always people who are so into it it becomes their dominant trait. 'How was your weekend, Bob?' 'I vegan something something vegan vegan something'. 'The Tigers game was close, shame Barrass turned the ball over to Riewoldt' 'OMG they had no vegan options at the pub where I was watching'. Oh FFS...

But anyway, I don't get the obsession with trying to make things that aren't meat "like" meat. There are thousands of dishes you can make without meat. I had a chickpea and macadamia nut curry and it was amazing. Why ruin that by making it a 'it's a chicken curry, but with chicken substitute made of soy'. Just make a curry without meat. 'It tastes just like cheese/bacon/chicken/whatever'. No, no it doesn't. It tastes like it is supposed to resemble those things.

People defending a convicted pedo. A guy who use to associate with convicted pedos and was even the roommate of a convicted pedo at one point in time.

Member of the church. High ranking member in this case. It is hard to rationalise but being a religious person in the first place isn't rational.

Other than Michael Jackson I can't think of too many kiddie fiddlers who people have defended that aren't religious figures.

I get that group identity is important but touching kids is just not on. Ever. End of. The way the church handles pedos compared to say the education sector is very different. Even an unfounded rumour against a teacher is taken very seriously.

You see a similar thought process in footy fandom. Player from your team does something bad, you try and rationalise how it's not that bad, how it's out of character, how they won't do it again etc. Player from some other team does the same thing and you join the lynch mob. The main issues in footy off field tend to be party drugs, gambling and respect for women so everyone can form their own moral compass on those things. If it came out that a player for example touched kids then you would hope that the individual was ostracised by his club, the league, club fans, neutral fans etc.

Member of the church. High ranking member in this case. It is hard to rationalise but being a religious person in the first place isn't rational.

Other than Michael Jackson I can't think of too many kiddie fiddlers who people have defended that aren't religious figures.

I get that group identity is important but touching kids is just not on. Ever. End of. The way the church handles pedos compared to say the education sector is very different. Even an unfounded rumour against a teacher is taken very seriously.

You see a similar thought process in footy fandom. Player from your team does something bad, you try and rationalise how it's not that bad, how it's out of character, how they won't do it again etc. Player from some other team does the same thing and you join the lynch mob. The main issues in footy off field tend to be party drugs, gambling and respect for women so everyone can form their own moral compass on those things. If it came out that a player for example touched kids then you would hope that the individual was ostracised by his club, the league, club fans, neutral fans etc.

Summed up footy/bigfooty debate in one.

I'd like someone to explain how bolt and to a lesser degree alan jones support (?), defend pell

I don't understand vegans/vegos.

I get that the dietary/ethical reasons people choose not to eat meat and I get that some people just don't like it, and I get that with any group there are always people who are so into it it becomes their dominant trait. 'How was your weekend, Bob?' 'I vegan something something vegan vegan something'. 'The Tigers game was close, shame Barrass turned the ball over to Riewoldt' 'OMG they had no vegan options at the pub where I was watching'. Oh FFS...

But anyway, I don't get the obsession with trying to make things that aren't meat "like" meat. There are thousands of dishes you can make without meat. I had a chickpea and macadamia nut curry and it was amazing. Why ruin that by making it a 'it's a chicken curry, but with chicken substitute made of soy'. Just make a curry without meat. 'It tastes just like cheese/bacon/chicken/whatever'. No, no it doesn't. It tastes like it is supposed to resemble those things.

I think its fair enough to hold views about animal safety and health etc. I think everyone does to some degree.

I think vegan explanations/supporters like everyone in society bend, stretch or mould the definitions of veganism/object 1/diet 2 etc to suit their argument. No problem in that.

I posted details about a discussion my friend had with a farmer. farmer grows veggies. No livestock. But farmer does destroy animals like rabbits who try to eat said crops. So rabbits were harmed in the process. Are thus veggies therefore a no go zone?

I think its fair enough to hold views about animal safety and health etc. I think everyone does to some degree.

I think vegan explanations/supporters like everyone in society bend, stretch or mould the definitions of veganism/object 1/diet 2 etc to suit their argument. No problem in that.

I posted details about a discussion my friend had with a farmer. farmer grows veggies. No livestock. But farmer does destroy animals like rabbits who try to eat said crops. So rabbits were harmed in the process. Are thus veggies therefore a no go zone?

They would argue 'I only eat from farms who don't kill vermon'

Summed up footy/bigfooty debate in one.

I'd like someone to explain how bolt and to a lesser degree alan jones support (?), defend pell

Bolt is a conservative commentator so you would expect him to side with other conservatives, though his unwavering defence of Pell as a non Christian is very odd.

I reckon a lot of it comes down to saving face. If you still had your banner hitched to the 'Pell is innocent' mast when he was found guilty then it's too late now to jump off that ship. Bolt will probably defend Pell until the first one of them dies and if video evidence emerged (unlikely given the timelines) he would have an excuse for that too.

Important to remember with Bolt that he is an idiot. Whether you agree with his POV on a particular issue or not he doesn't strike me as being all that bright. Something about him is off.

People who feel the need to go on Facebook when their team loses and say that X, Y and Z players/coaches should be sacked or never play again.
The next week the team wins and the comments are all praise for exactly the same players.
Absolutely boggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vegans for the most part are just annoying because they won't STFU about it. I don't care if you think honey and eggs are cruelty to animals or not, just don't bother me while I am eating an omelette and toast. I've seen a vegan have a meltdown because someone had a bag of Red Rooster on the train. I mean FFS.

Rabbits are an introduced pest, like cane toads and mice and cats and foxes. If we did nothing about them they would wipe out native species at an even faster rate. How does that rank in the world of vegans you reckon?

Bolt is a conservative commentator so you would expect him to side with other conservatives, though his unwavering defence of Pell as a non Christian is very odd.

I reckon a lot of it comes down to saving face. If you still had your banner hitched to the 'Pell is innocent' mast when he was found guilty then it's too late now to jump off that ship. Bolt will probably defend Pell until the first one of them dies and if video evidence emerged (unlikely given the timelines) he would have an excuse for that too.

Important to remember with Bolt that he is an idiot. Whether you agree with his POV on a particular issue or not he doesn't strike me as being all that bright. Something about him is off.

part of me thinks bolt does it all part of an act. Tongue in cheek.

Vegans for the most part are just annoying because they won't STFU about it.

do they do crossfit?

I don't care if you think honey and eggs are cruelty to animals or not, just don't bother me while I am eating an omelette and toast. I've seen a vegan have a meltdown because someone had a bag of Red Rooster on the train. I mean FFS.

Rabbits are an introduced pest, like cane toads and mice and cats and foxes. If we did nothing about them they would wipe out native species at an even faster rate. How does that rank in the world of vegans you reckon?

I like red rooster

Sometimes i mix it up and go to rippa roll. But the bread is too crumbly up top, and the chicken pieces can be cumbersome.

Lol i do the same. Maybe one rippa per every 9 rooster rolls.

Having said that tho its been ages since I've been to rr- i dont have one very close by since i moved.

Lol i do the same. Maybe one rippa per every 9 rooster rolls.

Having said that tho its been ages since I've been to rr- i dont have one very close by since i moved.
OMG same! lol.

i think a road trip to RR for you is in the making!

I got one 5 mins away :)

I went to RR once when I first moved to Melbourne.

Went through the the drive thru and ordered a chicken roll.

Sitting in the drive thru and watching through the window they proceeded to take the chicken roll from the wrapper and put it in the microwave.

So basically it was like buying a frozen chicken roll from the supermarket and heating it.

Gross.

I went to RR once when I first moved to Melbourne.

Went through the the drive thru and ordered a chicken roll.

Sitting in the drive thru and watching through the window they proceeded to take the chicken roll from the wrapper and put it in the microwave.

So basically it was like buying a frozen chicken roll from the supermarket and heating it.

Gross.

Yep same as me, ordered something at the counter, proceeded to watch them chuck it in the microwave and wait for 1 minute. To be fair I was quite oblivious to the fact most fast food places don't cook on site, just reheat.

Reckon ive eaten red rooster 5 times in my liftetime, it has never interested me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back