Society & Culture Things in life you just don't understand - Part 5

Remove this Banner Ad

I hate it when I'm listening to a good song and someone rings right during a good bit. And if you're listening to Tool you can be waiting up to 10 minutes for "the bit"
Who would be ringing you? Surely all your mates are there with you at the listening party?

Yeah me too when I'm under the influence, but that's an excuse as well as a reason :)
I have a mate who does it all the time and sings along without assistance , which is very annoying.

Singing along annoys me, my wife does it and it shits me. Then I s**t her by talking about the guitar riff or some bullshit ha ha

Who would be ringing you? Surely all your mates are there with you at the listening party?

I mean I had an IRL mate once but he thought I was a *head in the end, it's only people that want something that ring me.

Singing along annoys me, my wife does it and it shits me. Then I s**t her by talking about the guitar riff or some bullshit ha ha

I mean I had an IRL mate once but he thought I was a *head in the end, it's only people that want something that ring me.
Yep , nothing annoys my missus more than talking about music in any technical capacity at all. So of course, I do.

Happens to me all the time, I tune in to an FM radio station just to catch the end of a great rock track and then they play some Gen Z nonsense track.

I got lucky today though, I tuned in just when this song started, one of the last great rock tracks.

Hard to believe that song is 20 years old.

Things that make me feel old thread.

Name a better rock track since Seven Nation Army.
Dude there are many songs I think are better rock or otherwise.

It's a good song but suggesting nothing great has been made in the last 20 years is just saying you've aged out of listening to new stuff

Dude there are many songs I think are better rock or otherwise.

It's a good song but suggesting nothing great has been made in the last 20 years is just saying you've aged out of listening to new stuff

I still listen to new stuff but I don't hear many new memorable great rock tracks.

This Kurt Vile song is the last memorable great rock track that I can think of since then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The state of music today.

75k are expected to flock to Optus stadium tomorrow night to see Ed Sheeran who is just a London busker with a couple of original tunes.

He's a poor man's David Gray.

Yeah thats a really good song, he's got a few.

You still haven't named a better rock song since Seven Nation Army.

Back when aerobics was big in 1984 in primary school our teacher told us to pair up and choose a song.

All the girls were choosing songs like this.

Me and my mate chose this song.

We worked out an aerobics routine to that song.

Back when aerobics was big in 1984 in primary school our teacher told us to pair up and choose a song.

All the girls were choosing songs like this.

Me and my mate chose this song.

We worked out an aerobics routine to that song.

I would've paired up with one of the girls and got fit.
The tempo of the Cold Chisel song wouldn't get my heart pumping.
Bet the teacher got angry at you and your mate and said you were lazy.

I would've paired up with one of the girls and got fit.
The tempo of the Cold Chisel song wouldn't get my heart pumping.
Bet the teacher got angry at you and your mate and said you were lazy.

The teacher laughed at us along with all the other students.

We also did aerobics to this song

MAFS is extremely popular television, against that I'd put Ed Sheeran in the good taste pile and I don't even like Ed Sheeran
Listening to Tony Biggs on 3RRR yesterday. Tony and some of the callers labelled Sheeran "The Bland Busker" It was a relief to hear that other people were just as bewildered by his popularity as I am.

Ah, Plugger's drunken Friday night music video postings 🤣

Roger Taylor was always a bit disconcerting in that queen video clip I reckon. Apparently was his idea

Remove this Banner Ad

Back