Mega Thread Things that s**t me the fourteenth part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm anti that. It worries me that they're trying to make an imperfect game perfect. Human error is an integral part of the game for all players and I don't see why the umpires should be any different. Wisden still says Symonds got that hundred in Sydney regardless of the fact that he belted the cover off it to Dhoni before he had that many. One of our more celebrated wins of the last 25 years only happened because Langer got gifted one early. It's all part of the game.
I agree as well. The crowd need to understand that human error is okay. We’ve been doing this for centuries.

Human error is understandable under time-sensitive conditions ( like you can't review every second of football action (for htb, high contact, blocking etc) in real time.

In terms of cricket as long as it doesn't slow down the game too much why not strive for better with already established and proven technology?

I’m with Gough - feel the same way about the goal review. s**t happens throughout a game and you just have to suck it up and I think the same should happen with the score review - so much time is wasted waiting for a review that struggles to come to a decision anyway. The game survived 150 years without it and will continue to do so

That’s the problem. Technology pervades every section of society now any sport can’t stop it from creeping in. From the guy who rings the US Masters to tell the ref the golfer did drop his ball correctly, to did it hit the post to was a catch fair and square.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Tool have a rule of no filming at their concerts for their shows in Australia this week. I like it but wonder how it will be policed, maybe they're expecting the crowd to do this?

Think you'll find it meant for no professional recording etc - you cant police phone usage.

Elton was the same, no big lenses for photos, no recording devices etc.

Think you'll find it meant for no professional recording etc - you cant police phone usage.

The Grateful Dead used to set up area specifically for the fans to record their shows, Garcia reasoning "Once we're done with it you can have it". As a result they have an archive that includes most of the gigs they ever did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tool Say They’ll Eject Fans From Shows For Using Their Phones

Written by Zanda Wilson on November 10, 2019
FacebookTwitterRedditEmail

Aussie fans are awaiting the seemingly inevitable announcement a tour by Tool, but be warned that if you head along and take out your phone, you could be in for a rude shock.

Metal Injection got their hands on an email sent to fans attending a recently gig at The Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland, Ohio. The message warned against using phones during the performance.

Fans were told that choosing to take out a phone and take photos rather than watch the show would result in being ejected without refund.

“We respectfully request that you please watch and listen to the show, not your phone,” read the email.

“You will be ejected from the show without the opportunity to return and without a refund if you violate this simple request and elect to take photos during the performance. In the event of a personal emergency, phone use may occur on the concourse away from the performance area.”

The news doesn’t come as a complete surprise. As some may recall, Maynard James Keenan‘s other band A Perfect Circle made headlines two years ago for kicking out over 60 people from a show in Pennsylvania for being on their phones.

Earlier this week, a mysterious video popped up on Frontier Touring’s Facebook page earlier today with only the cryptic message – “Perth, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Auckland, February 2020” – and the caption #FollowTheEvidenceAUNZ.

So it only seems like a matter of time before the announcement is made, with Tool set to tour down under for the first time since 2013.
UPDATE 15/11/19: So, Tool Are Touring Australia In February Next Year

Tool have a rule of no filming at their concerts for their shows in Australia this week. I like it but wonder how it will be policed, maybe they're expecting the crowd to do this?
I went and saw the Raconteurs (or the Saboteurs) last year and they actually took our phones off us and and put it in a bag which they then locked with those pins that are normally used on clothes to prevent theft. We then had to carry around that thick as * bag with our phones in it for the night.

Tool Say They’ll Eject Fans From Shows For Using Their Phones

Written by Zanda Wilson on November 10, 2019
FacebookTwitterRedditEmail

Aussie fans are awaiting the seemingly inevitable announcement a tour by Tool, but be warned that if you head along and take out your phone, you could be in for a rude shock.

Metal Injection got their hands on an email sent to fans attending a recently gig at The Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse in Cleveland, Ohio. The message warned against using phones during the performance.

Fans were told that choosing to take out a phone and take photos rather than watch the show would result in being ejected without refund.

“We respectfully request that you please watch and listen to the show, not your phone,” read the email.

“You will be ejected from the show without the opportunity to return and without a refund if you violate this simple request and elect to take photos during the performance. In the event of a personal emergency, phone use may occur on the concourse away from the performance area.”

The news doesn’t come as a complete surprise. As some may recall, Maynard James Keenan‘s other band A Perfect Circle made headlines two years ago for kicking out over 60 people from a show in Pennsylvania for being on their phones.

Earlier this week, a mysterious video popped up on Frontier Touring’s Facebook page earlier today with only the cryptic message – “Perth, Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne, Auckland, February 2020” – and the caption #FollowTheEvidenceAUNZ.

So it only seems like a matter of time before the announcement is made, with Tool set to tour down under for the first time since 2013.
UPDATE 15/11/19: So, Tool Are Touring Australia In February Next Year

Yeah right fair enough -

That’s the problem. Technology pervades every section of society now any sport can’t stop it from creeping in. From the guy who rings the US Masters to tell the ref the golfer did drop his ball correctly, to did it hit the post to was a catch fair and square.
Tiger probably knew his ball rolled forward but was too afraid to bend over and pick it up in case he got whacked over the head with a 2 iron from his wife or kicked up the butt from a cheated on girlfriend.
At least technology's not needed in the women's AFL for reviews because the ball rarely goes anywhere near the goals.

I went and saw the Raconteurs (or the Saboteurs) last year and they actually took our phones off us and and put it in a bag which they then locked with those pins that are normally used on clothes to prevent theft. We then had to carry around that thick as fu** bag with our phones in it for the night.

That would suck carrying it around but I think it would make for a refreshing spectacle.

Maynard from Tool was on Joe Rogan's podcast recently, he was urging everyone listening to have some time off it every day, even just half an hour to go for a walk outside, not a bad concept really.

That would suck carrying it around but I think it would make for a refreshing spectacle.

Maynard from Tool was on Joe Rogan's podcast recently, he was urging everyone listening to have some time off it every day, even just half an hour to go for a walk outside, not a bad concept really.
Nothing annoys me more than trying to watch a band and being distracted by some idiots backlit phone recording in front of you. Take a picture, hell even a 15 second video so you can prove to everyone you were there and put it away.

I'm anti that. It worries me that they're trying to make an imperfect game perfect. Human error is an integral part of the game for all players and I don't see why the umpires should be any different. Wisden still says Symonds got that hundred in Sydney regardless of the fact that he belted the cover off it to Dhoni before he had that many. One of our more celebrated wins of the last 25 years only happened because Langer got gifted one early. It's all part of the game.
I agree as well. The crowd need to understand that human error is okay. We’ve been doing this for centuries.
Human error is understandable under time-sensitive conditions ( like you can't review every second of football action (for htb, high contact, blocking etc) in real time.

In terms of cricket as long as it doesn't slow down the game too much why not strive for better with already established and proven technology?
I’m with Gough - feel the same way about the goal review. s**t happens throughout a game and you just have to suck it up and I think the same should happen with the score review - so much time is wasted waiting for a review that struggles to come to a decision anyway. The game survived 150 years without it and will continue to do so

Too much money in professional sport to take a "meh, she'll be right" attitude to not using replays. Results affect who gets a new contract and who doesn't.

All they are recording is brightly lit dots miles away with shitty sound. Enjoy the bloody concert and buy the DVD later to watch it properly you dickheads.
I'm a dickhead who think the Elton John's and Jack White's must be so far up themselves if they think banning mobile phones will connect them better to the audience. As you say connect them better to their merchandise and if you want a picture with an artist pay $1000 for it.
I don't even own a mobile phone and think it's disgraceful to make people carry them around in plastic bags.
If you can't see because the person in front is holding their phone filming every song, simply take it off them and stick it where the sun doesn't shine.
White said he was aiming to create a feeling of togetherness between artist and fan...w***er

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back