Things you have learnt in round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Good players are not cheap - especially when they are 22
No, they're not, but any attempt at a rebuild based on youth is going to be tough when you aren't bringing in top-end talent (meaning a first round pick) until the end of 2018.

Eagles winning on the road is unusual, if they can continue that they will go deep in September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, they're not, but any attempt at a rebuild based on youth is going to be tough when you aren't bringing in top-end talent (meaning a first round pick) until the end of 2018.

I don't think the Hawks are in full rebuild yet - they are still topping up around Rough/Cyril/Gunston/Frawley/etc.

If the Hawks do go full rebuild it will be interesting to see what Clarko does. Remember he sold Hay/Thompson/Rawlings and Croad got offloaded a year or two earlier to get the picks to build this current list.

Will Clarko blow the current list up to get the picks he needs for a full rebuild?

And at 22/23 Mitchell and JOM would still be very much part of any rebuild so those acquisitions will not be wasted.

The problem though is that this year is there to be won. If GWS do not stand up it is anyone's.

This. No waiting half the season or more to finally get a win in Melbourne, I think it's pretty huge.
11 home games, with Richmond, Essendon, GC, Fremantle, Collingwood, and St Kilda away as games I'd pretty much pencil in.

Harder games away being Hawks, Dogs, Giants. And I reckon if Essendon can beat Hawthorn, so can West Coast.

I've got them an absolute top 4 lock.

The hype from the media in particular from Melbourne re GWS has been completely and utterly over the top.

We love our team and don't even believe we are as good as has been made out.

When experienced journos are making prognostications of GWS going through the season undefeated you know it's a proper and orchestrated gee up.

In the meantime the current flavour of the month, The Western Bulldogs has been left with a lovely cocoon of protection with no hype and no expectations when all along they and Adelaide are the teams to beat.

Yeah way too early. We didnt play well today. Still won but North arent very good.
hey that is snorting a bit like a pony that has been tied too long at the post.. you are being disingenuous at the extreme..

you don't diss the opposition this early in the season dude.. it may bite you later on..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back