AFL Toast Dreamtime Winning

Remove this Banner Ad

We can't always play well every week. To win when you don't is a fair effort in this comp.

And to those people who say we will fall off the cliff, well we probably will considering we're building and we are a fair way off from contending.

Kudos to Richmond too. From what they have done to us over the past decade, I'll take two in a row.

Showed the gaps we still have, particularly around the middle.

Didn't like the half back intercept style of game style, we accepted. Ridley and redman great but it's not a winning style overall. Looked tired and overused it a lot by hand in the first half.

Perkins, heppel, goldy looked slow. Wright looked weak/tired.

Liked ridley, Stringer, Langford and merret. Jeez they are good reliable players.

Caddy was afl calibre in debut. Impressed with follow up ground work.

We aren't that good but winning ugly is a skill and couldn't have been much uglier at times.

Credit where credit is due we are 2nd at round 11 and haven't lost a game we should win. Keep that up and we play finals.

Bit worried about games coming up and getting pumped but we need 4/5 more wins to gurantee finals. We have 4 more games we should win.

Showed the gaps we still have, particularly around the middle.

Didn't like the half back intercept style of game style, we accepted. Ridley and redman great but it's not a winning style overall. Looked tired and overused it a lot by hand in the first half.

Perkins, heppel, goldy looked slow. Wright looked weak/tired.

Liked ridley, Stringer, Langford and merret. Jeez they are good reliable players.

Caddy was afl calibre in debut. Impressed with follow up ground work.

We aren't that good but winning ugly is a skill and couldn't have been much uglier at times.

Credit where credit is due we are 2nd at round 11 and haven't lost a game we should win. Keep that up and we play finals.

Bit worried about games coming up and getting pumped but we need 4/5 more wins to gurantee finals. We have 4 more games we should win.
Not sure you can make good comments about where we are at and the other improvements needed and then finish off with finals and 4 games we should win .
One week at a time 😎
G

s**t house. Average losing margin of 77pts last month & ofc we make a meal of it. When will we learn to beat up in s**t sides??

We need missing Parish around the ball & Duursma’s run & carry & they aren’t back anytime soon. Suns will beat us next week if we don’t smarten up.
Suns beat a lot of good sides at home. Would be shocked if we win as we are due for a loss and in a bit of slump. But we banked two wins and got some games into players.

We are just going at the moment as have been up since port. Due for a slump so hopefully only lasts 2-3 weeks.

Own advice I'm taking is ignore the ladder and think back to start of year and expectations.

Tigers were always going to come hard at us. Like North, tonight was their grand final.

Baker back for them was huge (one of their MVPs) and Bolton, Martin had some form. Yeah, I wanted a smashing but our midfield was badly beaten and apart from Stringer forward line well held.

Forward entries and finishing were a little off. Love Gresham's pressure but he needs to nail his chances in front of goal.

Goldy needs a rest IMO. was player watching too much tonight and had little impact around the ground.

All in all it was a tough win which I don't mind TBH, keeps the players grounded and coaches plenty to work on.

Tigers were always going to come hard at us. Like North, tonight was their grand final.

Baker back for them was huge (one of their MVPs) and Bolton, Martin had some form. Yeah, I wanted a smashing but our midfield was badly beaten and apart from Stringer forward line well held.

Forward entries and finishing were a little off. Love Gresham's pressure but he needs to nail his chances in front of goal.

Goldy needs a rest IMO. was player watching too much tonight and had little impact around the ground.

All in all it was a tough win which I don't mind TBH, keeps the players grounded and coaches plenty to work on.
One thing that really stood out tonight was how many times together players got back to feet quicker after a contest.

Credit to tigers the were up for it in terms of effort. 2 afl sides have beaten us in terms of effort the last two weeks and we still have won.

Those two sides are the worst two teams in the comp but still ill take 2 wins.

Ridley is our most important player after Merrett. Showed his class all night.

We are really missing Draper. Our centre work has fallen away since his injury. The last two games show me that we don't bat as deep as we hoped.

Missing Draper, Parish, Hobbs, Duursma, Jones from our best 22. Cox now joins that list.

Still think we are good enough for finals but have to at worst split our next six for any chance of top four.

Left the ground trying to decide which was the best win. StKilda, Adelaide, West Coast or Richmond. Didn't get an answer. Told the Richmond supporter I went with all night that they were going to win. Perverse satisfaction. With Lynch fit they probably would have. Trust the coaches to address the midfield issue.

We did look very fumbly out there, maybe Richmond had a bit more grippo.

I think we need to do something about the ruck situation, we got smashed in the clearances and hitouts.
If Brads not careful Goldy will start copping the same treatment as the Weid did last year from the fans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wright looked out of it as well. A few players looked really tired.

Centre bounce, Nank barely losing a hitout and continually hits to space at 3:00, we seem reactive every bloody time. It was frustrating seeing them run onto it time and again when blind Freddy knew it was going to space at 3:00.

What is with Nic Martin's kicking? Has he always muffed this many, and by muffed I mean almost junior colts skill level, in and around his exquisite use yet I'm only noticing this year?

Anyhoo, a win is a win. Super impressed with Hind (again) and Ridley showed why he's pretty much the key to our side.

The good thing about grinding out wins is it generally means you don't get ahead of yourself so hopefully the players know they got out of jail and keep knuckling down.

Our midfield again struggled without that genuine 4th mid to help Merrett, Durham and Caldwell.

Perkins did nothing. Stringer pinched hit Ok. Tsatas did some nice things, but not enough yet.

We really need Parish or Setterfield back. Or get Sheil in there.

I don't like seeing an injury, but Cox coming off for Tsatas was a blessing. We selected too many talls and not enough mids in the 22.

Flog Pie mate trying to tell me earlier this year that Rids is "just a player" because he is a medium seagull defender. What a knob.
You mean like Darcy Moore?

Bit disappointed when guelf had his wtf moment in the last couple of minutes in the game and then I realised what the issue was , it was the first time for the night someone in the team tried to be unselfish up forward and give the ball of but should have taken the shot himself and run some clock of

Suns board not confident for next week.

All the games from here on are no certainty (not sure any have been really given the evenness of the comp) but Ess has exceeded my expectations already from bringing a more physical and mentally present game style which is not only getting results (wins and ladder position) but it’s also building nicely for 2025 and beyond. I think it’s been labelled EDGE.

Lots of trolling and hate from the opp bc they are so used to Ess being crappola for 20 years and didn’t have to worry about the team being competitive on game day. Easy beats. Too nice.

But now maybe not so anymore. You have to play 4 qtrs against Ess now. Did I just say that? I did 🤭 but Ess are learning to play 4 as well. Developing and building something real. Welcome Brad.

While we haven’t always won every qtr with scoring we’ve had wins in defence. That is my opinion only, giving it the bommer16 eye test. 😜

The biggest turnaround for me is the will and desire to compete but to continue to dig deep and find a way to hold on and win. May not always look glamorous or convincing but it’s a win.
Another 4 points last night!

Effort and desire to win is there and if it’s rewarded with a win I can only be happy with that. What I’ve seen so far bar one game I call an anomaly (port) and the response since has been impressive.

Go you beautiful bombers. You make a rusted on bomber supp real proud.

Have not seen the game . Away camping at the Winton Historic car races .
All I can say is MMM commentators suck . Listed for 5 minutes.
Switched to SEN on the AFL app. Matt Hill good. Hannaberry to busy sooking over umpire decisions.

Listened until Half time. Was frustrated we could not get on top but then that is where we are at .
We are not a side bouncing back from a run at the top of the ladder. We are a club trying to climb out off 20 years of mediocrity. That is our lot .

Looking for big wins is simply putting the horse in front of the cart .

Still have spots that need upgrading. Players who still need development and a continuance of team defence and game plan development.

I am taking another win . I am taking the gradual improvement and I am keeping it real . Enjoy the wins . There is no such thing as a bad win when you have been in our position for 20 years.

And the Tigers where never going to lay down back at the G in a big game after the last 2 weeks.

Word of the day for this thread. Perspective.
This x1000

Remove this Banner Ad

Back