Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong addy reporting Tim will be reporting back at Geelong for pre-season training on 26 Nov. Refteshed & raring to go apparently

What a surprise the club reporting positive news about a player.:think::cool:

Almost like the club and supporters saying all year that Tim has provided no indication he wanted to return to WA.

Also rolled my eyes at the AFL article comparing Ryan O'Keffe and his situation at the Swans. I don't recall O'Keffe having three kids under three, relocating interstate on rookie wages with a wife who is struggling.

I mean apart from all that its almost a similar situation I suppose.:huh:

Of course he should be refreshed. Just spent a great six weeks back home amongst family and friends, kids are happy to be meeting and playing with cousins, wife getting the support she's been missing, living in a great city and chilling out.

But hey Tim will need to get back to the grind soon. At least his wife and kids get to stay home and he will be back for three weeks over Christmas.:thumbsu:

All good.;):D

That was Wells compromising at the death to accommodate Kelly and facilitate a deal, despite his original stance of a top 10 pick. Yet again the WCE and their list management team tried to lowball and as a result the deal fell through. Twice in the same trade period the WCE tried to play funny buggers, yet the joke was on them when Geelong refused to cave and Kelly remained a Cat for 2019, much to the chagrin of WCE supporters.

The joke was on the Eagles?

How so?

That they refused to give up close to Judd trade compensation?

That the Eagles decided that the 'exceptional return' demanded by Wells was way over market value so they said no thanks?

The reigning premiers passed on paying massive overs. Decided to take two very nice picks to this years draft instead.

This 'joke' still has a few episodes to play out. Who the Eagles get with those picks is the next chapter. How Kelly plays follows and the final scene is what happens next year.

So far I'm more than happy with how the Eagles have managed the situation.:)

Kelly set to return to Geelong training late November. Thought he was going to stay in Perth? Wells does it again. :D
1ocgwb.jpg

How so?

That the Eagles decided that the 'exceptional return' demanded by Wells was way over market value so they said no thanks?

The reigning premiers passed on paying massive overs. Decided to take two very nice picks to this years draft instead.

This 'joke' still has a few episodes to play out. Who the Eagles get with those picks is the next chapter. How Kelly plays follows and the final scene is what happens next year.

You know you're struggling when Obeanie1 starts working you over.

Kelly set to return to Geelong training late November. Thought he was going to stay in Perth? Wells does it again. :D

Well Geelong found it important enough to bury news that kelly was staying in Perth with a player who is 25 and all Australian and a player who has actually spent about 6 years on the afl lists all together(but not one to four years at Geelong - did dangerfield have to come back early when starting with Geelong then).

Not sure what they are smoking down at Geelong as I want some.

Last edited:
Did you? Because that was never said, at any stage. Maybe you just had a bad dream?
His manager did say at the end of trade period that they were looking into a number of things to help with the family situation. One of these was Tim doing his pre-season in Perth & returning to Geelong (with his family) in the New Year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So he's a single dad with no extended family support in WA is he? I don't understand what all the fuss is about then.
I guess they assume kelly and his kids will be living in an apartment under the stands of perth stadium. Although given freo play at the same ground then im still not sure how its an argument.

Wrong. Numerous eagles supporter on this forum have told us he will stay back in perth and skip football for a year.

And who would they be? No idea why they’d say that when his manager said all along that he’d play for Geelong in 2019 if a trade didn’t eventuate.

West coast eagles trolls on our board. Been a few in the other kelly thread on this board too.

Ok, so the post I quoted was responding to trolls on another board and in a thread that was closed weeks ago?

No wonder I didn’t get the context.

20 pages before the draft. Typical BigFooty :p
Even though the situations are different you would think that Geelong would be more understanding and let him go.
:$

Why is the worst comment in any thread often from you?

We paid through the nose for a bloke at the end of his career as the test tube baby played hardball over a player they didn’t deserve... IN CONTRACT.

Yet we should have been understanding and let a player leave for unders... IN CONTRACT.

So essentially you’re saying we should have got the rough end of the pineapple for players wanting out on compassionate grounds both times :drunk:

Let go of the bitterness dude, you got pick 19 for the GOAT, a player far too good for a rabble who should fold.

20 pages before the draft. Typical BigFooty :p
:$

Why is the worst comment in any thread often from you?

We paid through the nose for a bloke at the end of his career as the test tube baby played hardball over a player they didn’t deserve... IN CONTRACT.

Yet we should have been understanding and let a player leave for unders... IN CONTRACT.

So essentially you’re saying we should have got the rough end of the pineapple for players wanting out on compassionate grounds both times :drunk:

Let go of the bitterness dude, you got pick 19 for the GOAT, a player far too good for a rabble who should fold.

1. You paid overs because GC front ended his contract and by the time Geelong came around, a lot of the money had been paid. You basically got GC to pay his contract. That has value. Spin it whichever way u like.

2. You mean you didn’t let him go because you didn’t get overs? Next years first+20+22 is enough for him (with geelong’s second coming back).

3. You didn’t exactly pay value for dangerfield. Expect unders in 2019.

I like it how you still bang around for unders. Offer is in line with what other trades. Kelly isn’t all Australian. Kelly only played one year and Kelly is going home one way or another.

Good luck getting what wce offered from any other club if you are ever in same situation.

Of course he should be refreshed. Just spent a great six weeks back home amongst family and friends, kids are happy to be meeting and playing with cousins, wife getting the support she's been missing, living in a great city and chilling out.

But hey Tim will need to get back to the grind soon. At least his wife and kids get to stay home and he will be back for three weeks over Christmas.:thumbsu:

All good.;):D

Lucky bugger, I'll be working my 2 week swing from 19 December until 01 Jan, I'll get home 02 Jan.

Can you be outraged on my behalf for me please?

Thanks.

How so?

Well according to WCE supporters on here, Geelong's demand of a top 10 pick wasn't way over market value because all the WCE supporters in here have been telling us that picks 20 and 22 points value is the equivalent of pick 6.

Funnily enough, no-one wanted to trade a top 10 pick for picks 20 and 22, that's of course if WCE even tried (which I doubt). They want him but obviously have other higher priorities, no dramas with that.

WCE fans, whose team has just recently won the premiership, expect a club, who obviously think they have one last shot at premiership glory with their current list, to give up a player, which will weaken them, to the reigning premier, which will strengthen them, for two middling picks that no-one wants to swap a top 10 pick for. Is that about the sum of it?

o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Well Geelong found it important enough to bury news that kelly was staying in Perth with a player who is 25 and all Australian and a player who has actually spent about 6 years on the afl lists all together(but not one to four years at Geelong - did dangerfield have to come back early when starting with Geelong then).

Not sure what they are smoking down at Geelong as I want some.

English please. Or just punctuate it, it may make sense then.

West coast picks will fall in the mid to late 20s with Blakely Thomas Quaynor West Briggs Scott Mcfayden. It could well end up pick 25ish and 27ish. Those picks and pick 40ish next year is a borderline deal at best.

There is a reason no one wanted to swap those picks for a top 10.

Effective picks don't change as the available talent pool is fixed. We don't have access to these players in any respect and the more players that are bid on before our first pick(s) the higher our back end picks come up the draft order. Players available at 20 & 22 don't change with bidding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back