Recommitted Tim Kelly [requested a trade to West Coast]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim 100% had a choice on where he wanted to go, (HELLO) HE DIDN'T HAVE TO NOMINATE, he doesn't have to be a footballer, it just so happens that, that is what he's good at. Contract or no contract, he can quit right now, move with his family back to Perth and find another job. He won't be able to play footy for anyone, but he will be able to work anywhere else he pleases.

On my current roster, FIFO is 100% a long term proposition and very sustainable, why wouldn't it be? I work for 14 days straight doing 12 hour shifts, I then have 28 days off, it works out to 28 hours per week. I even get annual leave, so once a year I can take a swing off which would give me a 10 week break off, it's beautiful. As long as the job doesn't turn s**t, I could work this way until the day I retire.

One day, you'll grow up, move out of mum and dads, you might even have a family. You can start making some real choices then.

You avoided the question.

And then added 200 words of fluff.

Comparing the comittment required and contractual obligations to play AFL is nowhere near your situation or profession.

Not really. You just overate draft picks. A pick 8,9,10 is more likely to be a worse player then kelly currently is. Go look at the list.
I agree in principle. A ready made gun is better than a potential gun, regardless of the fact you will get less years service. But Geelong fans continue to overrate one good year. At age 25, he will not track like a typical first year recruit, who has much more physical progression to come. A more like-for-like comparison to Kelly is Michael Barlow or James Podsiadly; both handy mature age pick-ups but not top 10 players.

Hahaha Or he can stick it out for a year and go where he wants. You keep ignoring that option. Why can’t he do that?

I am happy for you. You rock. I guess growing up is getting a FIFO job so you don’t have to raise a family. Yeah role model for many.

Yep, you got nothing.

If you don't like people's answers to your questions then don't ask them.

Last edited:
The argument that he didn’t have to nominate is rubbish. His skills are as a footballer, the AFL is the only employer that allows a footballer to make a living wage from their skill set. If he wants to parlay his skills into a career, it is literally the only player in town.

The rest of us can take our skills to another employer and continue to make an equivalent income. He can’t. You talked about giving up one employer for another because of the better circumstances. I’m assuming you didn’t take a pay cut if more than half to do so.

You'd assume wrong. I said in my earlier post that I took a 54% pay cut to be home more. Money well spent at this stage.

Hahaha Or he can stick it out for a year and go where he wants. You keep ignoring that option. Why can’t he do that?

I am happy for you. You rock. I guess growing up is getting a FIFO job so you don’t have to raise a family. Yeah role model for many.

At 4:39 I replied to a post from OBeanie, in it I quite clearly said one of Tim's options was to sit it out.

You can't even read.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

East Fremantle or whoever it was that Kelly was going to play for in 2019 when he sat out football for a year is going to be mighty disappointed when he commences pre-season with Geelong.

Still making those great retorts to points that no one else is making, I see. Just adding so much to the thread.

Have you come up with those 15 goals you need to win the 1994 granny yet?

Still making those great retorts to points that no one else is making, I see. Just adding so much to the thread.

Have you come up with those 15 goals you need to win the 1994 granny yet?
Well there'd be a fair few shocked that Tim hasn't decided to stay in Perth for the year and play WAFL before walking to the WCE for free in the draft. The 'perfect' plan of the WCE supporter being shot down completely so early on in the piece. :drunk:

Well there'd be a fair few shocked that Tim hasn't decided to stay in Perth for the year and play WAFL before walking to the WCE for free in the draft.

No, there isn’t a “fair few” Eagles supporters thinking that. I doubt there’s any. This thread’s now on its 22nd page and if you can find one post along those lines I’d be shocked.

Off you go, that’s your homework.

Well there'd be a fair few shocked that Tim hasn't decided to stay in Perth for the year and play WAFL before walking to the WCE for free in the draft. The 'perfect' plan of the WCE supporter being shot down completely so early on in the piece. :drunk:

Give me a post that indicates any wce fans are shocked.

Only thing that shocking is Geelong fans’ comments about Kelly’s wife.

Don't be a *******. Someone had already pointed out he was wrong. He liked their post and thanked them.

How about you follow your own advice.

You seem to be getting your knickers in a knot over not much at all.

And we are still waiting for you to explain how the Kelly family could elect to stay in Perth and Tim join you in the FIFO work force.

You seem to be avoiding that after suggesting they had a choice and options like you.

No, there isn’t a “fair few” Eagles supporters thinking that. I doubt there’s any. This thread’s now on its 22nd page and if you can find one post along those lines I’d be shocked.

Off you go, that’s your homework.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/tim-kelly-exploring-trade-options-home-to-west-coast.1193932/

This threads a continuation of the 455 pages in part 1. If Kelly rocks up to pre-season training a fair few are going to be gobsmacked - he could have just played in the WAFL for a year and then walked to the WCE for free. :eek:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/tim-kelly-exploring-trade-options-home-to-west-coast.1193932/

This threads a continuation of the 455 pages in part 1. If Kelly rocks up to pre-season training a fair few are going to be gobsmacked - he could have just played in the WAFL for a year and then walked to the WCE for free. :eek:

Thanks for referring me to a 455 page closed thread. I take it you expect me to trawl through it looking for examples of the posts you’re, for some reason, responding to weeks later in a different thread? Rather than doing the work yourself?

Because you still haven’t provided one example, one single example, of any Eagles poster who said Kelly would sit out the year. Let alone a “fair few” of them.

A bag a chips for Tim Kelly you say? Why no thank you but thanks anyway!

Thanks for referring me to a 455 page closed thread. I take it you expect me to trawl through it looking for examples of the posts you’re, for some reason, responding to weeks later in a different thread? Rather than doing the work yourself?

Because you still haven’t provided one example, one single example, of any Eagles poster who said Kelly would sit out the year. Let alone a “fair few” of them.
Well there'll be more than a fair few in that thread who will be in complete shock if Tim rocks up for pre-season training at Geelong rather than sit out a year and play WAFL football before walking to the WCE for free at years end. It was a seemingly perfect plan, where did it all go wrong? :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back