Palace03

Club Legend
Jan 2, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Crystal Palace, Victory
And lay down the challenge... Get fit this summer and you will be a star! He has one of the best sets of hands in the competition already, but unfortunately we get nothing out of him after half time. I know he being asked to play ruck ATM, but it's obvious he is not fit enough.

This kid is so exciting and if he can build his tank, he could be one of the dominant CHF's in the comp for the next 8-10 years.

It's hard enough for a young bloke to try and fill the hardest position in footy CHF. Yet we expect him to ruck as well? Are they trying to burn him out by time he's 23? Crazy

I think we were very slow in getting the ball to jones. He was on fire early marking everything and when we were kicking out he would ALWAYS be 1on1 for a long period and had we kicked it straight to him we would have done alot better but instead they would just wait for a pack to form around him. Very excited about Jones. Will be a gun.

Grant im worrying about.

It's hard enough for a young bloke to try and fill the hardest position in footy CHF. Yet we expect him to ruck as well? Are they trying to burn him out by time he's 23? Crazy
Agree with this. Let him settle in the fwd 50 and hurt the opposition with his marking.

Ruck is a worry though. Need Cordy & Roughead to both come good and both be able to play fwd as well as ruck.

He's not going to last 10 years if he has to play the backup ruckmen role. Will get murdered by the Goldstein, Sandilands, Jamar big physical ruckman. If they don't play Roughead or Minson next week then they are crazy.

Will also repeat some of the comments here.

Needs to get fitter, but his marking was superb. Some say our next Chris Grant, but some of the pack marking today was more Carey like.

But this throwing him into the ruck is crazy. Its not a long term solution. He is a CHF every day of the week and twice on Sundays so stop with throwing him into the ruck.

Jarrod Grant is simply not up to League football atm. Doesn't do enough, often enough and every week makes stupid mistakes at critical times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been fairly critical of jones so far this season, more so because he has played games when it wasn't warranted, that's another argument, and probably a dead one now.

He showed signs tonight that he can tear a game apart with his marking, when he goes for a grab he does so with confidence he can take it. I just wish he could have the same confidence aftter he gets the pill, he just lacks any real purpose with his kicking etc. He hit 1 target tonight after a grab, apart from his goal.

Pre season he should be concentrating on his field kicking and his ground level work. He could be a good long term player for the dogs if he can improve over the next couple of seasons. Comparing him to C.Grant is unfair as he was a genuine footballer from the moment he walked in. As for the ruck dilemma, tonight is a clear example of why rocket needs to play a backup.

I thought his marking in the first half was up there with the best individual efforts of the last 10 years including Grant and Lake.

Not sure what happened after half time as I just didn't see him out there. To be honest I almost thought he'd gone off injured.

But still, his first half was one of the few highlights.

as said before he took some great grabs tonight.

doesnt need a break out season yet, still young and just needs to develop.

dont trust his kicking for goal but i think its just a confidence thing that can be corrected.

Chris Grant, (my favourite player of all time) wasn't a great kick 'til late in his career so Jones needs time, and people comparing him to Grant is totally unfair, just let him become Liam Jones, very exciting prospect with Libba Jnr and Dahlhouse!! :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back