Review Dogs down Blues 79-59

Remove this Banner Ad

Just got the result , just got back to my digs in Seville Spain—— you bloody beauty 👍
30 degrees here today and now my beer tastes even sweeter , love beating that tragic club

I’ll be there in 10 days, save some beer for me!

I was frantically refreshing the score on my phone from a pub in Belfast, the victory Guinness was also just that little bit sweeter

Can anyone tell me who kicked it in after a Carlton point straight down the centre and Carlton marked it? 3rd or 4th quarter I think. Just interested coz no one ever does that.

I remember that. Because I was livid as it was out of the ordinary and not how we play. Who was it?

I could be mistaken but I'm pretty confident it was Bailey Dale

I thought it might have been. I was at the other end of ground. We just put our head in our hands. I love BD. He has the occasional brain fog - that must have been one lol

Just got the result , just got back to my digs in Seville Spain—— you bloody beauty 👍
30 degrees here today and now my beer tastes even sweeter , love beating that tragic club
Great city Seville. Going to do the camino on 18 July, 800 km pilgrimage walk. Have fun and don't forget to drink those amazing sherry (finos) with good tapas. ask for japuta, fried fish. fantastic.

Great city Seville. Going to do the camino on 18 July, 800 km pilgrimage walk. Have fun and don't forget to drink those amazing sherry (finos) with good tapas. ask for japuta, fried fish. fantastic.

Love the place loco , Madrid , Granada, Cordoba now Seville onto Lisbon.
Great culture , good people, tried every dish and nearly every alcoholic drink so far !

Love the place loco , Madrid , Granada, Cordoba now Seville onto Lisbon.
Great culture , good people, tried every dish and nearly every alcoholic drink so far !
Keep doing it. BTW I will be away for 2.5 months. The camino, Portugal, Seville, Barcelona, costa brava and back on 29 September to watch the doggies win the third premiership. GO DOGS AND SACK BEVO!!!

Some on here were saying that was just an ordinary win? I don’t think so. Carlton are not bad, full of individual stars, were under pressure to perform after losing to one of the best teams in the league in Brisbane the week before. Their supporters and the media really put the heat on, it was a big Carlton crowd that got a favourable run with the umpires. They had a run on from behind, which is easier when the pressure is off. Naughts hit the post a couple of times early which could have put them away early. So for us to weather that comeback was huge. Libba, the ‘Jones’, the Bailey’s and Red, CD, were all great.
If there was one thing that really irritated me, and it has for a couple of days since this great win, and I’m glad he brought his game in the last quarter was Cody Weightman. There were heaps of crumbs going begging when our talls can’t mark and the ball hits the deck, but we don’t have him down there waiting for the crumbs because he is flying with our talls, this is madness.
Other than that, great win. Go ‘scary’

346472785_791060669076486_6211402231816137297_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think that's clear cut by any means. Might be a 2 dimensional image thing. Smith's hair doesn't look taught and Crippa's hand doesn't look tensed. Unless Smith remonstrated with him immediately after I'll give Crippa the benefit. Never struck me as a dirty player.

Also, with magnificent hair like that, Smith has to expect some incidental contact now and then.

However, if a free wasn't paid for the arm grab, that would be an error.

However, if a free wasn't paid for the arm grab, that would be an error.

Cripps has been fined for the hair pulling

Brownlow medallist Patrick Cripps has copped a sanction for pulling the AFL’s most famous mullet while two have been suspended from Round 9’s Saturday games. Cripps can accept a $1000 fine for misconduct on Bulldogs star Bailey Smith, with the Herald Sun’s Jon Ralph reporting it was for pulling Smith’s hair.

Brownlow medallist Patrick Cripps has copped a sanction for pulling the AFL’s most famous mullet while two have been suspended from Round 9’s Saturday games. Cripps can accept a $1000 fine for misconduct on Bulldogs star Bailey Smith, with the Herald Sun’s Jon Ralph reporting it was for pulling Smith’s hair.

I stand corrected. The photo image is pre-pull, however, so if that was all the jury had to go then I think he'd get off.

However, the video is conclusive and damning. That's disappointing.

Interesting that as Arty Jones was taking possession for that goal, Ed Richards was waving his arms on the inside calling for it. Richards opponent was moving towards Jones.

Richards was too far forward to have come off HB/back of the square from the CB, did he come off the wing nearer the broadcast side?
Was at CHF for at least one centre bounce in the last quarter. Not sure if it was that one but it stood out to me that he was there.

Carlton's midfield certainly isn't terrifying they were well on top for majority of the game but didn't really hurt us.
They need to get Motlop fitter and moved up the ground, as there’s zero connection and movement outside of the contest when Saad is tagged, who is overrated anyway.

Carlton are very slow.

Was at CHF for at least one centre bounce in the last quarter. Not sure if it was that one but it stood out to me that he was there.
We were absolutely mixing it up in the last quarter on ball compared to the horror 3rd quarter. Richards, Weightman and Macrae all spent time arond the contest after not doing much or any of it for the first three quarters.

What a bloody s**t campaigner, just a s**t move that shows how far the campaigner has fallen off the pace that he’s literally resorting to that s**t on purpose because he can’t win a clearance without it.

What a bloody s**t campaigner, just a s**t move that shows how far the campaigner has fallen off the pace that he’s literally resorting to that s**t on purpose because he can’t win a clearance without it.
A bit harsh. Maybe he meant to pull the jumper. But it's up there with Sicily pulling Astro's hairband off ;).

I'm not sure if anyone saw Matthew Lloyd's diagnosis of this match on yesterday's Sunday Footy Show. He was pretty spot on with most of his observations, but I reckon he was pretty harsh on George Hewett which led to Bailey Smith's goal in the final term.

He highlighted Hewett being drawn to the contest, which allowed Bailey Smith space to move forward.

Of course going to the contest and leaving your opponent behind comes with risk. It's not always going to pay off. Pretty harsh IMO to blame him. Hewett actually anticipated that Macrae was getting tackled and he noticed Weightman was on his own, so Hewett left his man (Smith) in an attempt to stop Weightman getting it. Macrae was good enough to execute an impressive handball whilst being tackled and Hewett clearly did the right thing in going to Weightman.

If Lloyd was more observant, he'd have noticed we outnumbered Carlton 7-6 at that contest. Weightman was actually the free man. So extremely harsh to blame Hewett. What else was he to do? Stay on Smith and let Weightman get an easy ball?

1684123088699.png

1684123163395.png

1684123212058.png

1684123244126.png

1684123282333.png

We were absolutely mixing it up in the last quarter on ball compared to the horror 3rd quarter. Richards, Weightman and Macrae all spent time arond the contest after not doing much or any of it for the first three quarters.

Cheers, fellow posters. I couldn't watch the game due to family commitments, so was wondering where he'd come from when I saw the highlights.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back