Tippett - what a disaster

Remove this Banner Ad

I just think Tippo struggles to come up to the level when the big games arrive, can only recall the 2012 prelim where he played well....For the amount of money he is on 'disaster' is close to the mark, as it seems tom mitchell may get squeezed out by his and buddys deal.

I was there on GF day and it was staggering to see how poor he was (10 disposals, 2 tackles, 1 behind). There was one particular play when he and Buddy spoiled each other (with no direct Bulldog opponent) and I thought 'enough is enough'; Sydney need to cut their losses and move him on.

Because of Kurt, they lose Tom Mitchell due to cap constraints and perhaps miss out on snagging a key defender to replace Grundy (30yo) and Richards (Retired). It will hurt them big time in challenging for a flag in the coming years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was there on GF day and it was staggering to see how poor he was (10 disposals, 2 tackles, 1 behind). There was one particular play when he and Buddy spoiled each other (with no direct Bulldog opponent) and I thought 'enough is enough'; Sydney need to cut their losses and move him on.

Because of Kurt, they lose Tom Mitchell due to cap constraints and perhaps miss out on snagging a key defender to replace Grundy (30yo) and Richards (Retired). It will hurt them big time in challenging for a flag in the coming years.
Think about the new guys they've blooded this year. Aliir Aliir, Mills and Heeney from last year. They'll be commanding more money in a few years and one of those could be forced out.

Regressed a lot this year, particularly in the last 6 weeks, after being very good in 2015. Turns 30 next year and may be hitting the wall like Will Minson did.

Still has value as a ruckman, but there's no way the Swans can send him elsewhere now without having to pay a chunk of his salary or trading him for minimal value in return.

You would think the Eagles may be interested in using him as a stop-gap next year.

Combined Buddy & Tippett deal forced a few out, although many they wouldn't really miss Mitchell would hurt a lot.
Mumford is a huge out, and we were happy Biggs was forced out as a rookie as he's been a handy bargain pick up for us.

Think about the new guys they've blooded this year. Aliir Aliir, Mills and Heeney from last year. They'll be commanding more money in a few years and one of those could be forced out.
Heeney is already a gun and Mills will join him shortly. Aliir can ask for good coin after his initial 2 year contract is over as the market is tight for KPDs.
Was Tippett front loaded? At least Sam Reid's large contract expires at the end of 2017.

Played with a broken jaw. Shouldnt have played. Nor should McVeigh. Or Mills.

These three decisions... Not good.

In principle I agree with you, but do they have any depth at all to replace those players?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back