todays current day rivalry

Remove this Banner Ad

I dare you to find a higher stakes rivalry than the three way match-up between Collingwood, GWS and the Western Bulldogs in the 2012 pre-season. This game actually inspired the absolute bidding war that has waged for a decade between the three clubs over Adam Treloar’s services. The rivalry is so intense that they’ve never again played the three sides at the same time because of the anticipated fallout from fans.

WB/Coll/GWS the premier rivalry in the AFL - probably even sport in general. I dare you to change my mind.
I humbly stand corrected.

Tarks

Richmond and Geelong have a spicy dislike for each other at the moment. Port and Crows always good to watch and the Dogs and Dees have a little thing going on as well.
I really don't care about a Richmond rivalry.

Richmond don't mean much to most GFC supporters I know.

On the other hand, a few of the Tigers BF fans have some serious issues. :drunk:

Showdowns.

Last year's first Showdown was epic, it crashed Bigfooty.

Crashing Bigfooty after the siren is the unit measurement of a rivalry in the AFL.

I love the showdown. Its got a proper feel about it. Never been to ground but ive been in SA and Adelaide itself for a few. You can feel the build up.

As for modern day rivalries,
Dogs v giants. Genuine niggle there.

Cats v hawks seems to keep going. Less old school punchy and more neither like losing to the other.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the other hand, a few of the Tigers BF fans have some serious issues. :drunk:

Everyone dislikes Geelong. Disingenuous gobshites.

Watch the first Geelong supporter insecurely claim all the other cat supporters they know see it as a rivalry or they don't care/similar.

Nice

Brisbane vs Richmond. Crossed paths in numerous finals this century including last year's elimination final thriller.

Sydney and Geelong. Played a few memorable finals matches including the 2005 SF and the GF thumping a few months ago. Buddy's 1000th at the SCG was also against Geelong.

I think it goes both ways.
Funny both supporters say they don’t care about each other, but nearly every thread gets polluted in this non-rivalry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back