todays current day rivalry

Remove this Banner Ad

It reminds me a little of the Geelong-Freo rivalry that was all the rage nearly a decade back now, around 2012 - to whenever Freo stopped making finals and the Ballantyne/Crowley types retired. It was a thing until suddenly it wasn't.

I think that is underselling it a bit

There was a succession of 8-10 games - excellent games

As a neutral - the major one for me - but bar a couple of games - the planets havent really alligned for a fair while - is the big triangle Collingwood - Richmond - Carlton - and the other element - they all had absolute top notch flag winning teams at the same time - i think that would keep the average football punter interested -

Melbourne and Geelong have had some absolute beauties over the past five years. I think there's definitely a rivalry there.

Richmond doesnt have rivalry with small regional clubs that play on weird irregular manipulated grounds

Collingwood , Carlton , Essendon , Hawthorn and even Melbourne are more interesting
One day Collingwood fans will turn up to a Richmond game.
They always stay home for our game,maybe they love us more than they think?

Tbh no one cares about “traditional” rivals outside the supporters of the clubs themselves.

I think the best rivalries for neutrals are when the playing groups genuinely don’t like each other. In recent years, hawthorn/Geelong and bulldogs/gws have been the best games to watch.

Agreed. North and Hawks boys didn't seem to like each other a few years ago, and it made for some good, firey games.

I really don't care about a Richmond rivalry.

Richmond don't mean much to most GFC supporters I know.

On the other hand, a few of the Tigers BF fans have some serious issues. :drunk:

Here they go Again. Throw the first punch and then sook it up . Really mods , another Geelong poster derailing yet another thread ! What a surprise.
The rivalry between Richmond and Geelong as football is concerned is only relevant to me during finals . Enjoyed the 2020 GF immensely but thought 2017 QF was the best finals win of RFC ever . But in home and away I couldn’t care , think or despise anything about Geelong . I don’t think many do .

But Essendon and Carlton and West Coast and Brisbane , Doggies , Saints crows Port Power , yeah I care . A lot .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Here they go Again. Throw the first punch and then sook it up . Really mods , another Geelong poster derailing yet another thread ! What a surprise.
The rivalry between Richmond and Geelong as football is concerned is only relevant to me during finals . Enjoyed the 2020 GF immensely but thought 2017 QF was the best finals win of RFC ever . But in home and away I couldn’t care , think or despise anything about Geelong . I don’t think many do .

But Essendon and Carlton and West Coast and Brisbane , Doggies , Saints crows Port Power , yeah I care . A lot .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
So you agree with me.

The biggest rivalry in the AFL is by far the Crows and Port one.. the showdowns are massive and its pure real hatred between the fans and clubs.
Yeah, as an impartial it's always an intriguing watch.

I always used to really enjoy the Eagles vs Crows matches through the 90's and 00's - there were some brutal matches amongst them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back