Summer Tokyo 2021 - Swimming

Remove this Banner Ad

Im not a swimming expert but all this about a large program and will they tire and not spending the tickets etc etc... I dont get it.

I mean even if you are swimming like say three events. The 100m, 200m and 400m freestyle. If you make the final of all three event you have swam the heat, the semi and the final. That's nine swims. 49 ish seconds x 3 for the 100m, 1:44 ish x 3 for the 200 and 4:41 x 3 ish for the 400.

That's a total of around 22 minutes of swimming. That's over days and days of competition. How does that exactly knacker you out? Haha

Last edited:

Great day in the pool yesterday be hard to top that today. I do see us with two very real chances for gold tho.
We are represented in all five finals with first up 400m silver medalist Jack McLoughlin in the 800 free after he qualified sixth fastest into the final.
Zac Stubblety-Cook is the fastest qualifier in to the 200 Breast final and if he holds his nerve is a big medal chance. Brianna Throssel will be out to improve on her 8th from Rio in the 200m Butterfly while the Big Tuna Kyle Chalmers will defend his 100 Free title in what looks like a two horse race with great rival Caleb Dressel. The session concludes with our white hot favorites in the 4x200 Free Relay with Ariarne Titmus, Emma McKeon, Madi Wilson to be added. I'd like to see the fastest swimmer from our second stringers ( 17-year-old Molly O'Callaghan who posted a slick 1:55.11) be rewarded with a finals lane but talk is Cate Campbell will swim. And who's to argue with a champion.

Last edited:
Great day in the pool yesterday be hard to top that today. I do see us with two very real chances for gold tho.
We are represented in all five finals with first up 400m silver medalist Jack McLoughlin in the 800 free after he qualified sixth fastest into the final.
Zac Stubblety-Cook is the fastest qualifier in to the 200m Breaststroke final and a big medal chance. Brianna Throssel will be out to improve on her 8th from Rio in the 200m Butterfly while the Big Tuna Kyle Chalmers will defend his 100m Freestyle title in what looks like a two horse race with Dressel. Can the Aussie upstage the world's best again? The finals session will then conclude with the 4x200m Freestyle Relay. Australia easily qualified fastest and all heat swimmers are set to be replaced with the likes of Ariarne Titmus, Emma McKeon, Madi Wilson and potentially Cate Campbell all set to be added. Final action starts from 11.30am AEST.

Far from a two horse race in the 100m the Russian on form is close to the fav

Can’t believe I waited until today to chromecast the app and have the not Basil lead commentary team.
So much more enjoyable already

Can’t believe I waited until today to chromecast the app and have the not Basil lead commentary team.
So much more enjoyable already

Highly recommend it so much better

so newspapers saying we are likely to win 4 gold in the pool today.

im assuming thats just aussie media overdoing it as always. the same people who think the soccer team is a chance to progress at the start of the tournament.

Should win 2 but 4 is a push. Chance in the 100m but no idea where the other one is coming from! We ain’t winning the 800m

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should win 2 but 4 is a push. Chance in the 100m but no idea where the other one is coming from! We ain’t winning the 800m
Throssell in the 200m butterfly is the only other possibility.

"Likely to win 4" is insane, no wonder punters get mad when we don't win everything.

You can never write off the yanks.

Finke's last 50m was classic hunting them down. Gotta look at the splits to see if the others died rather than him accelerating.

Throssell in the 200m butterfly is the only other possibility.

"Likely to win 4" is insane, no wonder punters get mad when we don't win everything.

Be doing well to medal in the fly jeez. 2 good chances, then Chalmers (race in 3-4 anyone could win). Doing well to win 3 tonight.

That was brave to hang on for the silver in what would have been more pain than 99.9% of people will ever know, thought he would die in the arse near the end.

Needed to pull the lane rope more

Remove this Banner Ad

Back