Summer Tokyo 2021 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

I find it interesting that all these female runners have long hair with pony tails and none of them have short hair.

I would have thought having short hair would be an advantage when it comes to running or even having a shaved head.

i remember Michael johnson used to run with a gold chain around his neck that was about 5kg. never slowed him down!

Well done Peter, but I'm looking forward to the next 3 years.

I see how far he has come in 5 years when he was run out of the heats in Rio in a 1.49. There is a world championship in Eugene Oregon next year and then Doha in Qatar in 2023, 3 more European seasons to learn more, get more international experience and learn how to handle being the hunted.

Bring on the world championships and then Paris when he will be 30.

Bol was 31st after the heats in 2019 World Championship. 1:46.92. Didn’t qualify for SF. Shows his improvement.

Tonight’s final was super slow though. Brazier won this race in 1:42.34 at those WC. Almost 3 seconds faster than tonight. He would’ve won tonight. I’ve got to let this go!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the polish runner ran his race to snaffle the bronze, not bad effort really.
The Polish guy is a 400m run who has moved up to 800m so he had a bit more speed in the final 80m.

Well done Peter, but I'm looking forward to the next 3 years.

I see how far he has come in 5 years when he was run out of the heats in Rio in a 1.49. There is a world championship in Eugene Oregon next year and then Doha in Qatar in 2023, 3 more European seasons to learn more, get more international experience and learn how to handle being the hunted.

Bring on the world championships and then Paris when he will be 30.

Pete's got me interested in checking these out, that's for sure.

This Peter Bol fellow is an absolute role model. So well spoken, gave his all, and although he's outwardly happy he admits he was here to win.

And - let's face it - he helps with the diversity angle and overcoming real adversity growing up.

His face will be all over promotions for Australian athletes in Paris 2024 assuming all things go to plan. I sincerely hope he carries himself well, doesn't spark controversy and is embraced by all of us - white, black or otherwise.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back