Summer Tokyo 2021 - Track & Field

Remove this Banner Ad

Well that 110 hurdles was a bit of a shock. Parchment (JAM) comes through for the win after Holloway (USA), the favourite, lead until the final few metres.
The USA not having a great meet on the sprint track.

Does jumping from that side of the bar normally mean a left hander?
Don't know but I think left footers use that side of the bar as well.

Wow Holloway stuffed that up. And Jamaica win another sprint medal.

Thought he got injured initially as he just stopped, but his technique just fell apart on the last two hurdles and he couldn't get moving. Lucky he got the silver, but the reason he did was because he was so far in front for 90 metres

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Bol was magnificent. He was smart to avoid the pushing matches in all of his heat, semi-final and then the final. His determination to push for every placing was brilliant. I loved how he's peaked in time with the Games and fourth is an incredible achievement.

I hope there's still room for improvement and the natural inclination is to talk about 'better luck next time', but the history of the 800m suggests otherwise - he'll be 30 by the time Paris 2024 rolls around, competing in an event that has only ever had one Gold Medalist older than 28 (Alfred Hill, who was 31 when he won against a depleted field in Antwerp in 1920). Not having anyone of the calibre of David Rudisha helped this field too.

Hopefully a compressed international program in the next three years means that he can be an exception to the rule and become even better in his late 20s.
Bol will live with no regrets, he got himself into the best position and saw the tape alone for 50mtrs. Nothing worse than finishing strong with petrol in the tank, just ask Ryan gregson.
Wasnt murphy aggressive down the back, lap 1? 2 incidents - must have thought he was ovett in moscow LOL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back