Toast Tom Jonas 200 games

Remove this Banner Ad

The tributes, the accolades go beyond three All-Australian nominations (2017, 2018 and 2020), the Fos Williams Medal as best team man in 2017 and 2018 and the podium finishes in the John Cahill club champion award in 2018 (runner-up to Justin Westhoff) and third (2017 and 2020). There is more pride for Jonas in being repeatedly described as courageous, determined, selfless and committed to be being the best player he can be - and being part of the best Port Adelaide team that there can be.

"At Port Adelaide," says Jonas, "if you’re here for a day, a week or 10 years, once you’re a Port Adelaide player, you’re part of the Port Adelaide family for life."

We can criticise him for being too slow, or too short for a KPD, but you can't say he hasn't got the most out of his body to get to 200 games.

We can criticise him for being too slow, or too short for a KPD, but you can't say he hasn't got the most out of his body to get to 200 games.

Yeah, he's pretty cooked now, but 200 games at a mostly pretty high level for a player of limited natural ability is a fair effort. Congrats.

Tough rugged back pocket who has punched above his weight for a long time. TJ has been a rock in defence.

He's a smart guy who tells it like it is, could see him moving into administration in the future, maybe even a future CE.

Still remember one of his earlier games in 2012 where we got obliterated by the juggernaut which was the hawthorn football club. Jonas kept Hodge to 19 and i thought yeah not half bad.

Then throughout the years he sent Dylan Roberton to 2045 and back, Koed Gaff then became skipper was old fashioned port adelaide and then dialed it back a fair bit to show discipline to the young bucks which takes more than you’d think.

Still remember one of his earlier games in 2012 where we got obliterated by the juggernaut which was the hawthorn football club. Jonas kept Hodge to 19 and i thought yeah not half bad.

Then throughout the years he sent Dylan Roberton to 2045 and back, Koed Gaff then became skipper was old fashioned port adelaide and then dialed it back a fair bit to show discipline to the young bucks which takes more than you’d think.

that was his first game back in 2011. did not seem any more out of place than the rest of our side that day!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, he's pretty cooked now, but 200 games at a mostly pretty high level for a player of limited natural ability is a fair effort. Congrats.

Yep Ugg Boots has done alright. Haven't always been a fan but he's had his moments.

There are few others who can get the ball OOB as well as he does without penalty.

he's been a good servant. the co captains thing didn't do him any favors at the time, but he's been rock solid for most of his career.

I'm almost certain Captain and Vice Captain have never celebrated 200 games together. Possibly not any milestone match.

He has got the absolute most out of himself, never shirked when asked to play out of his weight class, played the Port Adelaide way and demanded others do the same. Like a lot of players gets smacked on here beyond belief when the end beckons. But he got here and never took a backward step doing so. Congrats Tom.

He is a lawyer I would want defending me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back