MRP / Trib. Tom Stewart bump on Prestia - 4 weeks to freshen up

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Season 4 Watching Tv GIF by The Simpsons

This how it started.

So Prestia didn't run off the ground as you described after all ?
I'm disturbed at some of the partisan views expressed on here to be honest - we are not being targetted or treated unfairly - the Club and Stewart have accepted the consequences and severity of the act and moved on - as professionals do.
In this case the AFL Agenda is to preserve player safety and protect long term health by strongly discouraging contact to the head.
The 4 weeks is entirely consistent with the prescribed penalty table , the Club argued for 3 weeks but will not appeal.
They accepted it, yes, but they argued for three.

That's what it's worth.

I disagree. Don't we already have it at junior/local footy level?
A system where a player can theoretically do violence to another player, official, fan etc and still get to share the same field with them for the remainder of the game is simply idiotic.
Perhaps you are making too much of this? We don’t have enough severe incidents for this to be an issue. Incidents like this are uncommon and are not impacting on the game. How often do we have a player go off for the rest of the match from a deliberate incident like this?
Swings and roundabouts- we are seriously impacted by this outcome. It’s enough of a consequence.

Must admit. Tom Stewart's demeanour and the way he has handled this has been nothing short of amazing. Caring and kind person who understands he has made a huge mistake. Not looking for likes. Just had to say that as I think there's alot of examples of players saying sorry but you can see straight through them.

Perhaps you are making too much of this? We don’t have enough severe incidents for this to be an issue. Incidents like this are uncommon and are not impacting on the game. How often do we have a player go off for the rest of the match from a deliberate incident like this?
Swings and roundabouts- we are seriously impacted by this outcome. It’s enough of a consequence.
Happy to abandon the conversation if that's what people want.

It's just an opinion, and admittedly only loosely connected to the Stewart incident I suppose. It's just something that I've always been perplexed about the AFL having grown up with the round ball.

Must admit. Tom Stewart's demeanour and the way he has handled this has been nothing short of amazing. Caring and kind person who understands he has made a huge mistake. Not looking for likes. Just had to say that as I think there's alot of examples of players saying sorry but you can see straight through them.
Yep, agree- I always thought he was the real deal but good to have it confirmed.

Happy to abandon the conversation if that's what people want.

It's just an opinion, and admittedly only loosely connected to the Stewart incident I suppose. It's just something that I've always been perplexed about the AFL having grown up with the round ball.
Vast difference in the two games and how the team is structured ect that can afford a red card system

I think it’s best to drop it as it has been argues extensively in previous pages

He's basically the dad richmond fans never had

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My countery thing only says 645 does that mean the Mods have removed 355 Richmond flogs posts?
The 645 is for this thread on our board

The equivy thread on the Richmond board has 1000+ replies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back