MRP / Trib. Tom Stewart bump on Prestia - 4 weeks to freshen up

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm okay with four based on Stewart's admission of guilt.

Just because he feels guilty doesn't mean he is though.

Knowing that the time between Prestia tapping the ball and Toms impact is .39 seconds makes me feel like this is way too harsh.

The reality is Prestia runs off the ground and has no broken bones, while Stewart's contact is so close to the ball (.39s) that it's in play.

It's carless contact, high impact and high contact, mainly as a result of Prestias actions, not Toms.

Two weeks would be sufficient in an AFL world that isn't envious, bitter and otherwise consumed by Geelong's period of breaking the equalisation system.
Are you serious- “Prestia runs off the ground” He was poleaxed mate - got him flush on the jaw at speed with the shoulder, sickening impact.
Stewart expressed remorse and gave no excuses , aeecoted the 4 weeks like a man.
There’s a lesson in there for you my friend

I have no idea if this is a joke or not but tell me deep frying peanut butter "jelly" sandwiches isn't a thing.
Elvis in the 70’s bro. Sounds nuts I know but we made some back in 2001 in a restaurant I was working at on some kinda Elvis Memorial Day and they weren’t too bad. Had banana in them also I think.
Ok for a novelty but I wouldn’t recommend them as a diet staple.

Last edited:
Elvis in the 70’s bro. Sounds nuts I know but we made some back in 2001 in a restaurant I was working at on some kinda Elvis Memorial Day and they weren’t too bad. Had banana in them also I think.

Jeez, I'll give him credit for living his best life

Tell me if I'm wrong but isn't the MRO already grading this as careless a massive leg up for our lawyers? Just have Stewart act all remorseful, throw in the good bloke defence and argue severe to high and we're laughing. I've got a suit if need be.
You forgot the Geelong factor, lucky not to get 8 weeks just for that.

Are you serious- “Prestia runs off the ground” He was poleaxed mate - got him flush on the jaw at speed with the shoulder, sickening impact.
Stewart expressed remorse and gave no excuses , aeecoted the 4 weeks like a man.
There’s a lesson in there for you my friend
Three would be fair.

"Sickening impact" has been thrown around a lot but it could have been much more severe.

Stewart and team argued it was similar to previous three match bans in their defense opportunity and I'm glad they did because it demonstrates the outcome is not aligned with previous incidents nor the players view, but rather the AFLs agenda based on the optics.

“I think the Tom Stewart decision makes it obvious.

The AFL run the competition for the Geelong football club. Other clubs are a side issue

It is hard to watch footy when the AFL agenda including the umpiring and all other administrative issues make it all in favour of providing the benefits to Geelong”

Richmond board on fire today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he's not dead .

You can see the western Bulldogs getting back into the game once Stewart went off.

Big lose .

Boys will need to dig deep?

Not sure how much the loss of Stewart in the first quarter impacted us in the Dogs game. We kept increasing our lead after he went off and our backline held up extremely well.

It was the Dogs midfield that got hold of us from there and was hitting the scoreboard - Bont and Libba kicked as many goals between them as Naughton and Weightman did.

We were missing Menegola and Holmes from our mid rotations and will soon add Dangerfield too. Despite the loss of Stewart for a couple of big games around the corner our midfield will be in far better shape to take on Dees and Blues than it was against the Dogs.

duncan is already playing back.
2e will go back now.

A million bucks (monopoly money) says scott went to his house sunday and said. 'Right, you're going to get 3 plus. Time to plan your training'.
They arent stupid.
Youve got to move on. The guy isnt dead.
As long as he stays away from the deranged Tigers fans he should be ok

For me, the need for a send-off rule has nothing to do with 'compensation'. That's where I totally disagree with Scott's suggestion which is akin to what you're saying here that the penalty, or a part of it, could be served when the same teams next meet.

Apart from the obvious difficulties, like when a player is traded to another team (or even joins the 'aggrieved' team itself in the off-season) before the teams play each other again - the idea of 'compensation' or 'benefit' to the aggrieved team just misses the point.

The main thing for me is that serious indiscretions on the field have immediate consequences for the player in question.

It should have nothing to do with whether the opposition have a player down because of the injury or whatever. It has to do with knowing, when you step on the field, that you're only allowed to stay and compete on that field if you play fairly and that call is made by no-one other than the umpire.

Why do we say in AFL that "oh well, but umpires make mistakes... they can't be trusted to make the right call.." etc etc, when in virtually every other sport on the globe, umpires or referees have the power to send a player off and those decisions are simply accepted?

We have a big problem in AFL with head injuries, yes. We also have a big problem - Chris Scott I would say more than most - with just accepting umpires decisions.

A yellow-card and red-card system in AFL is far overdue.
Im in the camp that they have ****ed the game enough you with the constant rule changes …this would be a step far too far and would completely change the game

A firm no from me

He was consuming over 15k calories a day with no exercising.

What is it.......don't they have High Schools and higer education in Richmond?

Or is it something in their water supply?
It's not entirely their fault see they have been brought up in a toxic environment grandparents parents kids all living in those poxy little houses in the city right on the street sucking in Lead all their lives from leaded fuel and although it's ban now it's still there in the roofs and walls and the affects still present.SEE BELOW.

Lead poisoning causes immense societal harm: brain damage, chronic illness, lowered IQ, elevated mortality. Lead exposure in childhood has been linked with violent crime rates decades later.

It's not entirely their fault see they have been brought up in a toxic environment grandparents parents kids all living in those poxy little houses in the city right on the street sucking in Lead all their lives from leaded fuel and although it's ban now it's still there in the roofs and walls and the affects still present.SEE BELOW.

Lead poisoning causes immense societal harm: brain damage, chronic illness, lowered IQ, elevated mortality. Lead exposure in childhood has been linked with violent crime rates decades later.

Well done.

You've started my day with a hearty laugh.

Thanks!

If red cards did come in, could you imagine the temptation for your 21st or 22nd best player to "stay down" or at least add a bit of mayo if collected by the oppositions best player in a final? Would there be the temptation to keep an "injured" player off the ground if it meant that the best player from the opposition was going to miss the rest of the game? Would a genuinely injured player, as Prestia was, get wrongly accused of acting?

We see one incident every few years that would deserve a card, not sure that the rules changing wouldn't create as many problems as it solves. Imagine it's the 2020 Geelong v Richmond GF and Dusty runs through Kolo and knocks him out. Dusty gets a red card which would have influenced the result. Every Richmond nutter on the planet would be screaming that there was nothing wrong with Kolo and it was all a conspiracy.

If red cards did come in, could you imagine the temptation for your 21st or 22nd best player to "stay down" or at least add a bit of mayo if collected by the oppositions best player in a final? Would there be the temptation to keep an "injured" player off the ground if it meant that the best player from the opposition was going to miss the rest of the game? Would a genuinely injured player, as Prestia was, get wrongly accused of acting?

We see one incident every few years that would deserve a card, not sure that the rules changing wouldn't create as many problems as it solves. Imagine it's the 2020 Geelong v Richmond GF and Dusty runs through Kolo and knocks him out. Dusty gets a red card which would have influenced the result. Every Richmond nutter on the planet would be screaming that there was nothing wrong with Kolo and it was all a conspiracy.
Bring it in just to see the Richmond conspiracy theorists lose it! lol

In all honesty, you're always going to have stagers. How good would it be if a Grimes or whoever could be sent off for taking a dive? Soccer referees have to deal with a lot worse and the game doesn't fall apart.

Yellow cards I think would help umpires stamp out the kind of behind the play stuff that people like Crowley used to get away with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back