MRP / Trib. Tom Stewart bump on Prestia - 4 weeks to freshen up

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's about time players realized that tackling a player without the ball is the far preferred option these days. It's 1 free kick in a game with 40 of them, versus 4 weeks or more off. Simple decision, and the same thought process Danger should have had last year as well.

Agreed and if they arent being coached that way they should be.

Tom Browne going with the following to be announced from the MRO
  • careless rather than intentional
  • severe, meaning straight to the tribunal
  • AFL to push for/recommend a suspension of 4 to 5 weeks

Any red card rule has to have video review, like other sports, and in Aussie rules should be one down on the interchange not 17 on field.

Ask soccer fans what they think of VAR reviews before proposing that 😂

Fair.

Sorry I don’t think it’s severe
That’s for the blatant trauma acts
Locket caven
Solomon Ling
Etc

Can see them making an example but that’s the incorrect grading

Guaranteed 3 weeks right?

Feel like 4 is the number.
AFL will push for 4 or 5 - hopefully the those on the tribunal are having a good day and go with 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the article on the AFL website:

GEELONG star Tom Stewart has been sent straight to the Tribunal for his bump on Richmond's Dion Prestia on Saturday.

Stewart concussed Prestia with a bump in the first quarter of the Cats' enthralling three-point win at the MCG.

The three-time All-Australian will face the tribunal and is set to miss at least four games after the bump was graded as intentional, severe impact and high contact.

Stewart is set to miss, at least, the Cats' clashes against North Melbourne, Melbourne, Carlton and Port Adelaide.

Have thought 4 since it happened, and this seems most likely now, IMO

From the article on the AFL website:

GEELONG star Tom Stewart has been sent straight to the Tribunal for his bump on Richmond's Dion Prestia on Saturday.

Stewart concussed Prestia with a bump in the first quarter of the Cats' enthralling three-point win at the MCG.

The three-time All-Australian will face the tribunal and is set to miss at least four games after the bump was graded as intentional, severe impact and high contact.

Stewart is set to miss, at least, the Cats' clashes against North Melbourne, Melbourne, Carlton and Port Adelaide.

So intentional not careless?

Not really surprising

Afl website says it was classified as intentional.
I know I have my Geelong googles on but * me this could result in us hurting our top 4 chances.
Henry goes back, Rohan comes in
Thank god we have a bye this week
So really should only miss 3 games

Not a fan of the severe grading. That’s the same as broken jaw, cheekbone, etc.

But given the scrutiny it’s not surprising.

I’d say still a 50:50 chance of being three rather than four.

Charges laid:

Tom Stewart,
Geelong Cats, has been charged with Rough Conduct against Dion Prestia, Richmond, during the first quarter of the Round 15 match between the Geelong Cats and Richmond played at the MCG on Saturday, June 25, 2022.

In summary, the player has been referred directly to the Tribunal and cannot accept an early plea.

Based on the available evidence, the incident was assessed as Careless Conduct, Severe Impact, High Contact. The incident was classified as a direct referral to the Tribunal and the player cannot accept an early plea.

Is this the first time Stewart been to the tribunal ?.

David King the flog calling for a 6 week suspension.

Tigers supporters seem to have a short memory, Cotchin's bump on Dylan Shiel.
I encourage you to have another look at Cotchins bump on Shiel. Cotchin had eyes on the ball & won the ball. Cotchins shoulder made incidental contact to Shiel. The important element there was where Cotchins eyes were and his intent. Stewart never had eyes for the ball. There is no comparison.

I encourage you to have another look at Cotchins bump on Shiel. Cotchin had eyes on the ball & won the ball. Cotchins shoulder made incidental contact to Shiel. The important element there was where Cotchins eyes were and his intent. Stewart never had eyes for the ball. There is no comparison.

Won the ball??? Shiel literally had it until Cotchin hit him lmfao

Nobody cares about your opinion. Go sulk on the degenerate board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back