Remove this Banner Ad

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
This shitshow of a season is finally over, our B&F will be affected by who played most games or wasnt carrying injuries. Given this picking a top 10 is bloody hard, Jacobs gets in purely by the number of games played which I think says it all about our year with injuries.

Here’s my guess

Laird
Talia
Doedee
Gibbs
Jenkins
Matt
Seedsman
Brown
Jacobs
Douglas

I could see Brown finishing higher based on games played.

This shitshow of a season is finally over, our B&F will be affected by who played most games or wasnt carrying injuries. Given this picking a top 10 is bloody hard, Jacobs gets in purely by the number of games played which I think says it all about our year with injuries.

Here’s my guess

Laird
Talia
Doedee
Gibbs
Jenkins
Matt
Seedsman
Brown
Jacobs
Douglas

Jacobs? wtf. He did play a lot of games I guess, like all of them.

Laird
Gibbs
Seed
Mrouch
Talia
Doedee
Milera
Jenkins
Brown
Greenwood

Laird is going to be a lock for the gong.
Then it's the rest.
MCrouch
Seeds
Talia
Doedee
Jenkins
Greenwood
Milera
Sloane
Atkins

Special mention needs to go to Doedee. For us to forecast the kid, in his first AFL year, to be in the top 10 (possibly top 5) is a true credit to him! One hell of a consistent year from the Dude!

Realistically Gibbs probably the only one who could pip Laird, depending on how the coaches have rated his season. Has been ultra consistent, without too many true BOG performances.

But yeah, Laird’s pretty much got it won.

My thoughts, but just so hard given so many injuries to our better players:
1) Laird
2) Gibbs
3) Talia
4) M Crouch
5) Doedee
6) Seedsman
7) Jenkins
8) Brown
9) Milera
10) Greenwood

Realistically Gibbs probably the only one who could pip Laird, depending on how the coaches have rated his season. Has been ultra consistent, without too many true BOG performances.

But yeah, Laird’s pretty much got it won.

My thoughts, but just so hard given so many injuries to our better players:
1) Laird
2) Gibbs
3) Talia
4) M Crouch
5) Doedee
6) Seedsman
7) Jenkins
8) Brown
9) Milera
10) Greenwood

I genuinely respect your opinion over most here, but I honestly feel M Crouch has had a better season than Gibbs. Sure, Gibbs has played all 22 games and Crouch has missed a few (played 18), but I’d say Gibbs has had about 6-7 sub-par games compared to Crouch’s 2-3 so it evens out in my eyes. I suppose it may come down to the finer points such as defensive efforts, how well they did in quelling their direct opponents, following specific instructions etc.

Regardless, they’re both going to finish between 2nd and 4th. Laird is a lock to win.

I have Douglas in my top 10 instead of Greenwood (Dougie had a very strong first half and will be top 4 at the bye I feel). I’m with you on the other 9 names.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I genuinely respect your opinion over most here, but I honestly feel M Crouch has had a better season than Gibbs. Sure, Gibbs has played all 22 games and Crouch has missed a few (played 18), but I’d say Gibbs has had about 6-7 sub-par games compared to Crouch’s 2-3 so it evens out in my eyes. I suppose it may come down to the finer points such as defensive efforts, how well they did in quelling their direct opponents, following specific instructions etc.

Regardless, they’re both going to finish between 2nd and 4th. Laird is a lock to win.

I have Douglas in my top 10 instead of Greenwood (Dougie had a very strong first half and will be top 4 at the bye I feel). I’m with you on the other 9 names.

# of games played factors massively. Matt missed 4 and played a quarter in another, that’s 5 games he’ll barely poll in compared to Gibbs who will poll in all. Gibbs had a very consistent year, missing 20 touches in only 2 games, where he had 19 and 17 touches. He scored highly in score involvements, goals as a midfielder, clearances and tackles. Our B&F scoring method rewards those who play consistently well and play every game.

If Matt had played all games and not gotten injured in one of the ones he did play, on his performance I’d probably have him ahead of Gibbs. He won’t be far off either way.

# of games played factors massively. Matt missed 4 and played a quarter in another, that’s 5 games he’ll barely poll in compared to Gibbs who will poll in all. Gibbs had a very consistent year, missing 20 touches in only 2 games, where he had 19 and 17 touches. He scored highly in score involvements, goals as a midfielder, clearances and tackles. Our B&F scoring method rewards those who play consistently well and play every game.

If Matt had played all games and not gotten injured in one of the ones he did play, on his performance I’d probably have him ahead of Gibbs. He won’t be far off either way.

Valid points. I just probably marked Gibbs a bit harsher than some others will in a number of games.

I’ll also be very interested to see where Talia ends up in the voting after his very surprisingly poor showing in last year’s award (from memory he was 19th in votes per game).

Here’s my guess

Laird
Talia
Doedee
Gibbs
Jenkins
Matt
Seedsman
Brown
Jacobs
Douglas

That's hilarious you've made my night

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

No Milera in the 1st three posts. Milera in the 4th post and then every post after :)
I didn’t have him in because his first half of the year was okay then he missed some games. But his second half of the year was huge. Also factored in guys like Jacobs and Douglas getting votes because of their names.

1. Laird
2. Crouch
3. Doedee
4. Seedsman
5. Milera
6. Greenwood
7. Jenkins
8. Talia
9. Gibbs
10. Douglas

Remove this Banner Ad

Back