Strategy Trade and List Management thread 3 (...The pining for the departed. Edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinions are not allowed!
This is an anonymous internet forum, where we all must behave like little sheep and follow the leader. Now, get back in line and remember the most important rule:
#banvd

Sorry. I forgot myself for a moment there.

#banvd

Cam Pederson, wouldn't of looked at him before Gawn went down. Seemed to play very well as a mobile ruck but now Gawn back his impact as a forward not as great and been dropped. Might be the cheap but relIable ruck I've mentioned before. Boyd can play forward and Rough forward or back depending on opp with Pederson being the main mobile ruck or we could go Campbell. Pederson and Campbell both ruckman IMO their spot, Boyd and Rough more flexible and gives the side more flexibility.

Injury and personal issues are a worry. If he came dirt cheap then I'd be all for it, adds terrific class, but we cannot overpay.
He will though, that's the point. Pick 38 (?), not played much, injuries and rumours of personal issues, wants to come home. Will cost next to nothing. Thing is though, the kid can play. I mentioned it a few weeks ago and I'm still all for it.

Well he hasn't played a game and was taken as a rookie, so I wouldn't be getting too excited about him yet. Not sure he has any outstanding attributes.
Pretty sure Toby Pink has red hair, not that that is an outstanding
attribute. I would hope they bother to take a trip to Sydney
University and at least sound out Xavier Richards i have seen him
play multiple times this year and he is still in shape.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well he hasn't played a game and was taken as a rookie, so I wouldn't be getting too excited about him yet. Not sure he has any outstanding attributes.
Haha it was intended as a joke because if you look at some of the names being thrown around on here, its not too ourageous

I imagine this idea would get quickly rejected, but does anyone see any value in Lachie Hansen, in case of Morris retiring, to act as a KPD who can also swing forward? I think he'd come very cheap, and is a big body with a lot of experience, which we won't have much of if Morris, Murphy and Boyd all finish up.

I imagine this idea would get quickly rejected, but does anyone see any value in Lachie Hansen, in case of Morris retiring, to act as a KPD who can also swing forward? I think he'd come very cheap, and is a big body with a lot of experience, which we won't have much of if Morris, Murphy and Boyd all finish up.

Wouldn't be the worst idea if we can't get anyone else. Could have a season or two of protecting Young, Cordy and Adams. Obviously main priority is Lever.

Never been a fan of recruiting players already listed at a couple of clubs. Plus, I think folks are underestimating the swing potential we already have, and those developing. I also believe if we are to recruit players they need to fill the void in the 24-27 age group, thus allowing them to be part of longer term structure plans, wnilst also adding experience. If Hansen was recruited, I'd suggest it would be as a forward, and to be honest, I think our list is already a tad cluttered with second rate key forwards. Again, if we are targeting a potential KP, it's an A grader or nothing.

The third round pick we're due to receive from Norf is currently pick 37.

Dal has been very good in that range, aside from the one miss that shall not be named.

I wonder if we'll ever have a crack at an Irish rookie. I see that Hawthorn have a fella from Derry debuting this week. The Northern GAA associations must be mightily pissed off at losing their young talent, but the success rate at AFL level suggests that recruiters are getting more skilled at taking the right type of player. It's something we haven't tried yet.

Never been a fan of recruiting players already listed at a couple of clubs. Plus, I think folks are underestimating the swing potential we already have, and those developing. I also believe if we are to recruit players they need to fill the void in the 24-27 age group, thus allowing them to be part of longer term structure plans, wnilst also adding experience. If Hansen was recruited, I'd suggest it would be as a forward, and to be honest, I think our list is already a tad cluttered with second rate key forwards. Again, if we are targeting a potential KP, it's an A grader or nothing.
He's only been on North's list to date. If we can get Lever or someone better then by all means I'd prefer that, but if we miss out on available first rate defenders (of which there are only a few this year), I think a bit of experience would be important. Besides Morris (who may not be here next year), our key defenders are all quite young and/or injury prone. Boyd/Cloke/Redpath are all prone to breaking down, so someone like him would be handy cover forward too.
Wouldn't be the worst idea if we can't get anyone else. Could have a season or two of protecting Young, Cordy and Adams. Obviously main priority is Lever.
That was my thought. Adams has shown to date that his body may not hold up, and Young is exactly that - very young. Collins isn't ready either. If Lever comes he'd be unnecessary, but I think he could be a decent stop gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back