Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 3 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pardon the intrusion gang, however came across a few interesting tidbits:

Dogs had the best offer on the table for Ben King. While all the media/hype was around the Saints, Ive been told that that Dogs were very involved and had the ear of Connors.

Dogs very interested in Jye Caldwell and Dan Venables.

Reckon 2 explosive and talented but injury-prone midfielders are gettable?

Interesting that Toby has been training as a forward this pre season. Not sure he cracks the best 22 as a forward but his ability to rotate as a mid is handy. Jury is out for me on Richards as he makes too many dumb mistakes and is fumbly under pressure. His best position would be of a HBF once JJ slows down a bit as he can see the play in front of him. He struggles up forward big time

Toby played a lot of footy up fwd in his TAC Cup days. Was actually a fair bit of a live wire who could take a decent mark and was quick and agile at ground level.
Imo I just don’t think he’s clicked in that role at this level yet but I have a feeling it may happen this year. Fingers crossed 🤞🏻

I assume if anything had have come of the King interest we wouldn’t have pursued Bruce. I know we had a lot of cap but couldn’t have been that much could it?
Don't forget Ben King was originally a key defender before moving into the key forward position in his draft year. Has shown immense talent both ends of the ground. Even with Naughton, Schache and Ugle-Hagan up forward, we can still find space for Ben King down back if we did trade for him

Dogs had the best offer on the table for Ben King. While all the media/hype was around the Saints, Ive been told that that Dogs were very involved and had the ear of Connors.

You're always welcome here my man.

Believe we are still working on Caldwell as well as team mate hately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like they'd have the same "trying to break into a stacked midfield" problem with us as they're having at GWS. Good kids though.
Not exactly the same as the mids we have though, especially Caldwell. Most see him hf/wing
Caldwell was basically the next best mid after Smith. Mostly an inside mid, but as Mojorosin said he could likely play up forward and on a wing thanks to his speed and skills. If it weren't for injuries through his draft year, he probably would have competed with Smith at our pick (and I would say we would have strongly considered Caldwell if Smith/King weren't available or if we traded down).

Can't see the logic in Hately though. Tough inside mids are easily the last thing we need right now or anytime in the next few years. Caldwell has more scope to play outside or up forward, while I don't see Hately playing anywhere other than as an inside mid.

Most years one or two players take their game to another level. There has been plenty of hype on that front re young T English. I hope it pans out that way too. But I can't help thinking, that given the obvious young and developing talent we have, added to the age and early experience they have gained, that and the pressure for spots will really motivate some. I'm hoping that means one or two are going to really jump their games up to another level. So, I'd be interested to know, just who folks think are the most likely candidates to take a quantum leap in their performance this season.

Most years one or two players take their game to another level. There has been plenty of hype on that front re young T English. I hope it pans out that way too. But I can't help thinking, that given the obvious young and developing talent we have, added to the age and early experience they have gained, that and the pressure for spots will really motivate some. I'm hoping that means one or two are going to really jump their games up to another level. So, I'd be interested to know, just who folks think are the most likely candidates to take a quantum leap in their performance this season.

Rhylee West.

My picks are Lipinski, Williams and Lachie Young

Caldwell was basically the next best mid after Smith. Mostly an inside mid, but as Mojorosin said he could likely play up forward and on a wing thanks to his speed and skills. If it weren't for injuries through his draft year, he probably would have competed with Smith at our pick (and I would say we would have strongly considered Caldwell if Smith/King weren't available or if we traded down).

Can't see the logic in Hately though. Tough inside mids are easily the last thing we need right now or anytime in the next few years. Caldwell has more scope to play outside or up forward, while I don't see Hately playing anywhere other than as an inside mid.
Hately will be at port next year anyway

Going with a Smokey and saying Cavarra!

2020 Trade Radio breaking News:

Jye Caldwell requests trade to Western Bulldogs. "Sammy Powers, just get me there!"

140fe0-Sam_Power_podcast_image_GettyImages-1047414110.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back