Strategy Trade and List management Thread Part 5 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know McCrae has resigned but the last quarter of the year I would almost have Dunkley over McRae. Both accumulators of stats but at least dunks has some physical aggression and nastiness in him. His defensive pressure is better than Mcraes and obviously can go forward if need be. McCrae can only play a mod role. Its an interesting debate

I know McCrae has resigned but the last quarter of the year I would almost have Dunkley over McRae. Both accumulators of stats but at least dunks has some physical aggression and nastiness in him. His defensive pressure is better than Mcraes and obviously can go forward if need be. McCrae can only play a mod role. Its an interesting debate

Macrae is a deadset gun around stoppages and his quick hands are amazing.

In terms of being able to play more than just mid, on the spread and speed he’s a liability.

I mentioned here a while ago Lobb deal done.

Can also add we are balls deep into Barass. Yes he signed a long term deal but we are still trying to recruit him.

Eagles want picks

Also leon cameron done. Hes joining us as a assistant

Give us some back story, Cleveland.

Besides the Lobb stuff, this is pretty big news. Would love to know how fair dinkum it is.

There is no debate. Macrae is a far better player who is carrying an injury.
Dunkley playing an okay game in a loss has warped some perspectives.

Missing finals a year after a grand final.

We will have Lobb, Liam Jones and probably Fischer McAsey to make up for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We’ve got a banged up Keath, Gardner who is not up to it and Cordy who barely ever was as our key defensive posts, no second ruck, and we should prioritise bringing in a midfielder?
We aren’t losing games because our key backs. We are losing because our midfield gets exposed defensively, our zone is shocking and our bottom 6 don’t contribute.

You take out Dunks we become a lot weaker in the midfield and it weakens our midfield depth.

My preference is (if possible) is to retain Dunkley at all costs. I would have prioritised him over Macrae, smith and definitely Daniel.

In regards to key backs we have Gardner that is serviceable (watch him step it up a notch in a reasonable system), we have a developing Darcy and the option of putting naughton back if we pick up lobb. Subsequently I’m not to phased about a key talls given the emergence of jamarra and that I think darcy can have an immediate impact.

On the other hand, I don’t think we can win a premiership without one more defensively minded midfielder.

I hope your comfortable with mccomb playing a lot more football next year if we don’t find another mid to come in for Dunkley if he goes.

We aren’t losing games because our key backs. We are losing because our midfield gets exposed defensively, our zone is shocking and our bottom 6 don’t contribute.

You take out Dunks we become a lot weaker in the midfield and it weakens our midfield depth.

My preference is (if possible) is to retain Dunkley at all costs. I would have prioritised him over Macrae, smith and definitely Daniel.

In regards to key backs we have Gardner that is serviceable (watch him step it up a notch in a reasonable system), we have a developing Darcy and the option of putting naughton back if we pick up lobb. Subsequently I’m not to phased about a key talls given the emergence of jamarra and that I think darcy can have an immediate impact.

On the other hand, I don’t think we can win a premiership without one more defensively minded midfielder.

I hope your comfortable with mccomb playing a lot more football next year if we don’t find another mid to come in for Dunkley if he goes.
Que? I beg to differ. Our backline is an atrocity.

Our midfield got us to a GF last year. However, it would appear that other teams have figured out how to beat our system.

I agree that we should keep Dunkley, but not at any cost. He is the only one who has currency. And we have a strong midfield without Dunkley. Bont, Jack Mac, Libba, Treloar, Smith, with West and Garcia ready to come on. We have to sacrifice something to get what we need.

If we are to land Lobb, we could be fielding the tallest team next year. Surely no other team has 4 guys on their list at 205cm or taller - English, Darcy, Lobb and Sweet. If Schache stays then we would have 5 players at 200cm or taller (Schache is listed as 201). What a turnaround it would be. For years/decades I’ve watched undersized Bulldog teams but not anymore.

Que? I beg to differ. Our backline is an atrocity.

Our midfield got us to a GF last year. However, it would appear that other teams have figured out how to beat our system.

I agree that we should keep Dunkley, but not at any cost. He is the only one who has currency. And we have a strong midfield without Dunkley. Bont, Jack Mac, Libba, Treloar, Smith, with West and Garcia ready to come on. We have to sacrifice something to get what we need.

I think the backline has been poor but the tall backman havent been a major issue for me.

I think the key issues are lack of pressure on the ball carrier meaning it’s so easy for the oppo to lace out forward targets, our small backs not having enough leg speed to cover space and mostly system (our backline is always open).

I’d say we have lost 1 game all year because the oppo key forwards got a hold of us this year (the first Geelong game and Bev had the match ups wrong not putting Gardner on Cameron).

Saying that another key defender would be nice, but not at the expense of our only defensive midfielder. If we lose Dunkley we need to bring a replacement in before we address the key defender issues.

Given the way the ball enters our d50, I really think Steven may would find it hard to get a intercept mark.

My biggest concern list wise to address team defence is that we don’t have a wingman aside from Hunter (who hasn’t player or has been poor/unfit). My view is a wingman with endurance is our biggest hole. I did like what I saw of Parker in the reserves though. I think he could be the player with a good run of injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back