Strategy Trade and List Management thread 2.(...the waiting for the hammer to fall edition)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get off his case. Best wishes on your wedding day Stewie.

Now if it's not to much to ask? Can I have your GF ticket Stewie as I assume you'll be off honeymooning :'(
If stew hasn't rescheduled his honeymoon flights so he can watch the game live he actually does deserve to be delisted.

How have I oversold it? I never said he was a champion or anything like that. He's a terrific player who had a lean trot during the season and is playing terrific footy again.
I'd seriously suggest the knocker brigade oversell some of our players weaknesses to be honest.
I don't think it adds much to classify people into a 'knocker brigade' because they disagree with you.

It would be like calling all the folk who overrate our players, fan boys.

Not constructive IMO.

Enough to say we differ on our assessments of Tory. All the best.

Why do they keep locking threads when people want to talk up players in favour of the knockers? I saw the Dickson thread got closed and found it extremely bizarre.

You cant see the dozens of deleted posts in that thread. :)

What are you on about? Now is the best time to trade for proven quality because our flag window is open. This is exactly what Hawthorn did, and were hugely successful with.

Nobody is saying we should trade our first rounder for crap, but if a quality player that improves us becomes available, we should be prepared to offer any of our picks.

That is why I said “unless its for superstars.”

Read the entire post if you're going to reply to me.

Has anybody seen VitalDread since yesterday? Are you smashing it on Mad Monday young chap?
Last seen cleaning out his office after a terrible whiteboard holding effort lost them the grand final.

Last seen cleaning out his office after a terrible whiteboard holding effort lost them the grand final.
I heard that rumor but dismissed it...they had to blame somebody I suppose. :$

VitalDread that McInerney guy looked a hell of a long way off AFL standard on the weekend - one off poor performance or something more?
Very tough match up against Campbell and Minson
Just a bad game imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it adds much to classify people into a 'knocker brigade' because they disagree with you.

It would be like calling all the folk who overrate our players, fan boys.

Not constructive IMO.

Enough to say we differ on our assessments of Tory. All the best.
I don't expect people to agree with one another all the time. I do think some of the insults and adjectives used to describe our players as excessive.

That is why I said “unless its for superstars.”

Read the entire post if you're going to reply to me.
Then you're just stating the obvious. Even then, it depends on your definition of what a superstar is; to me it sounds like one of the best players in the competition.

I'd gladly trade our first round pick (which is end of first round) for a player who isn't a superstar, but is capable of making a big contribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back