Recruiting Trade & Free Agency IV - hypotheticals etc. (Continued in Part V)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The figure of 1.6 is probably the average per year, e.g. A contract of 8million over 5 years. He may be paid 3million next year alone (heavily front loaded) then its only 1.2 a year.

It's a business after all. He's a top 2 player in the league, personally I believe he is better now than even Danger by a growing margin. You need to pay overs to prise him out of Richmond. If we do, watch the 26-29 year old free agents start putting their hand up to come to Tullamarine on peanuts to contend with super teams like GWS. They don't look like dropping off top spot for the next few years. Hurley's locked away, Hooker is too along with Ambrose just signing for 2 years. Add Joe's signature along with Martins and there's your spine for our next premiership window. Do we go for it now, or keep sitting on our hands and wait another 13 years to win a final? I want them to make the Godfather offer to Martin and I want him to take it

It's a business after all. He's a top 2 player in the league, personally I believe he is better now than even Danger by a growing margin. You need to pay overs to prise him out of Richmond. If we do, watch the 26-29 year old free agents start putting their hand up to come to Tullamarine on peanuts to contend with super teams like GWS. They don't look like dropping off top spot for the next few years. Hurley's locked away, Hooker is too along with Ambrose just signing for 2 years. Add Joe's signature along with Martins and there's your spine for our next premiership window. Do we go for it now, or keep sitting on our hands and wait another 13 years to win a final? I want them to make the Godfather offer to Martin and I want him to take it

Parish OOC? or what about Merret when he asks for bigger contract? he's the next captain after Hep.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paying ANYONE 3mill a year is ridiculous. Not going to happen
Again, I feel like you're ignoring the fact maybe other contracts are either front or back ended and we have the cap space.
It's funny people here think they would have more idea than the people at the club who actually know the figures of the TPP rather than guess work and speculation.

Again, I feel like you're ignoring the fact maybe other contracts are either front or back ended and we have the cap space.
It's funny people here think they would have more idea than the people at the club who actually know the figures of the TPP rather than guess work and speculation.

If it doesn't cause us problems when we have to re-sign out of contract players then I'm ok with it.

I listened to the actual segment with Ox. He said 1.6 including endorsements. So it's probably a 1mill deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back