Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha yeah good stuff hank

With new rule changes ruckman and big forwards are more value. No more joke rucks like Grigg. Wonder if Leuey stays now
No. The rule changes will change sweet fa. The players will start in position, then take all of 5s to revert to standard structure. The AFL like to make changes w/o thinking about whether they'll actually be effective.

Sorry, that's not entirely fair. They obviously thought about it. They just aren't capable of critical analysis.

Considering they are also shopping patton around I think they are just gearing up to be able to retain Cogs and Kelly next season.

On the money no pun intended. They are simply setting up so they can pay Kelly and Coniglio the $1 mil they will attract. It is why they are not looking at players.

No. The rule changes will change sweet fa. The players will start in position, then take all of 5s to revert to standard structure. The AFL like to make changes w/o thinking about whether they'll actually be effective.

Sorry, that's not entirely fair. They obviously thought about it. They just aren't capable of critical analysis.
Not even talking about 666 rule, more the hands in back rule and rucks being given prior opportunity when grabbing ball at stoppages.

Just remember folks, the AFL wants equalization, ok!

Collingwood Magpies (3rd) receive Steven May (Gold Coast Suns - 17th), Dayne Beams (Brisbane - 15th)
Richmond Tigers (1st) receive Tom Lynch (Gold Coast Suns - 17th)
Hawthorn Hawks (4th) receive Chad Wingard (Port Adelaide - 10th)

Buddy leaves the Hawks and they get pick 19 for him ........
It is not just a one way street. This whole chicken little the sky is falling drama is what it is. Players go both ways.
Carlton have attracted players. Yes they have traded for them but the players nominated to go to the last placed club.
St.Kilda have attracted players and got a real good deal to get Hanniberry in.
Players are heading back to Brisbane after a period of exodus.

If Hawks can afford Wingard and Scully no reason we can’t afford Scully and Shiel.

We can but we end up losing Parish or someone similar in a couple of years because we have no money left.
The Hawks have cleared out a lot of top end cash in the last few years and Omera and Mitchell although on good coin are not on $800k plus.
Burgoyne is no longer on big money.
They have more room than we do right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s Scully actually worth salary wise? He was always paid well overs by the Giants so he could be retained. I don’t think he’d be expecting a similar salary at a VIC club (excluding age, and durability with the ankle).

Would be surprised if a footballer living in or near Berwick would travel to Tulla to play footy. 55min through city traffic on tolls or 1hr 20 on the Ring. Considering this a closed prospect with Hawthorn nailing their man. I reckon Hawks will cool on wingard.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely other clubs would offer much better than 53 though (I know it matters little if he has chosen Hawks). It really makes the whole ‘trade’ thing a facade. It’s essentially ‘free trade’ despite a contract. The other thing is you’d think that Scully would think more of GWS than to not allow them to get his true market value. The integrity of the trade period would be shot you’d think.

I agree that pick 53 is ridiculously low for Scully, however the big unknown which few are privy to is the dollar value. Few clubs have the cap space to afford Shiel and Scully. Shiel will be on massive money. Even the hawks couldn’t afford both.

Wingard and Scully is feasible for hawthorn given our recent retirements, vickery error and Rioli shock. Burgoyne is not on the same money either, nor is Puopolo.

Kudos to your administration in getting Shiel. He is a gun, albeit very very expensive.

I’m certainly in favour for all contracts to be made public. As supporters we should know and it makes the whole speculation of trade period far more accurate.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Would be surprised if a footballer living in or near Berwick would travel to Tulla to play footy. 55min through city traffic on tolls or 1hr 20 on the Ring. Considering this a closed prospect with Hawthorn nailing their man. I reckon Hawks will cool on wingard.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sorry who's supposedly living near Berwick that we're into? And on an afl salary why would just moving closer be an issue?

I agree that pick 53 is ridiculously low for Scully, however the big unknown which few are privy to is the dollar value. Few clubs have the cap space to afford Shiel and Scully. Shiel will be on massive money. Even the hawks couldn’t afford both.

Wingard and Scully is feasible for hawthorn given our recent retirements, vickery error and Rioli shock. Burgoyne is not on the same money either, nor is Puopolo.

Kudos to your administration in getting Shiel. He is a gun, albeit very very expensive.

I’m certainly in favour for all contracts to be made public. As supporters we should know and it makes the whole speculation of trade period far more accurate.

KOLOKOTRONIS

We can see your username up the top mate no need to write it in your post cheers

KOLOKOTRONIS
And he cried “EXPECTO KOLOKOTRONIS” and a glowing white stream extended forth materializing into Buddy Franklin.
“After all this time?”
“Always.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back