Trade rumours and their accuracy

Remove this Banner Ad

So the rumour that Ben Jarman will nominate Hawthorn is one to see if it is accurate or not.
If you were an odds man you would think we were in the box seat, so to name Hawthorn as his prefered club is going out on a limb.

So the rumour that Ben Jarman will nominate Hawthorn is one to see if it is accurate or not.
If you were an odds man you would think we were in the box seat, so to name Hawthorn as his prefered club is going out on a limb.

I suggest this report has come about because he hasn't committed to Adelaide yet which will lead some to question if he wants to even go to Adelaide. The only reason he would nominate the Hawks is if he is getting advice to escape the fishbowl media who will slam him for not being a star. It probably took the Eberts a while to get out of the shadow of the name. If I was the Hawks though I wouldn't be confident in drafting him purely because of the attachment to Adelaide and the fact he may turn around in his early 20s and state he wants to be a premiership player at Adelaide like his dad.

You think?

The days of SA kids wanting to stay or return here are well and truly gone. They all want to go to Melbourne, if possible a big Melbourne club.

We couldn't get the son of an SA legend to return when he was wanting out of Brisbane - went to Melbourne.

Why would we think we are any chance to compete with Hawthorn? The only players that come here are those who are drafted or those who's choices have become limited. No one chooses the AFC unless they have to.

That's not being a negative Nellie it's just stating a fact.

You think?

The days of SA kids wanting to stay or return here are well and truly gone. They all want to go to Melbourne, if possible a big Melbourne club.

We couldn't get the son of an SA legend to return when he was wanting out of Brisbane - went to Melbourne.

Why would we think we are any chance to compete with Hawthorn? The only players that come here are those who are drafted or those who's choices have become limited. No one chooses the AFC unless they have to.

That's not being a negative Nellie it's just stating a fact.
Thats why WA clubs draft more WA kids.
Easier to keep an SA kid once you have drafted them than getting them to come home.

Would be awkward if neither club are showing any real interest. He strikes me as a short slow guy with above average skills. A bit like Jake Johanssen who a few years ago went undrafted after doing well in the State U/18 side.

Afterall Jake Kelly was a F/S candidate for Collingwood.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Harry Dear was a f/s for Hawthorn and Dunkley last year was over looked by Sydney. There is still the chance he could end up anywhere.

Rumours are easy to make up. All you do is look at the information in front of you and draw logical conclusions. You don't need to know anyone at Collingwood or the Dogs to realise that Cloke was going to ask for a trade to the kennel. It just makes so much sense for both parties.

Ty Vickery to the Hawks and Jack Steele to the Saints are two I haven't seen in this thread yet. Both are virtual locks. I've also seen Will Hoskin-Elliot linked with Collingwood.

Im not really sure what moves there'll be this offseason involving Adelaide, but I'll be pretty shocked if CEY is still a crow next season. There's basically no chance of him being here if Thommo stays another year.

Lowden and Grigg will obviously be delisted. VB will retire. Shaw looks like he's going to be forced into retirement at this rate. Jaensch is already gone. O'Brien will be upgraded. It's hard to see us having any currency to attract a meaningful piece here via trade, and the FA pool is pathetic.

I feel like we'll probably do two minor deals, one of which will involve us receiving an out of favour GWS player. When you combine that with us having no top 15 draft picks (when academy selections are included), it's set to be a very boring offseason for us.

The dream would be trading Mackay and Douglas for something that actually has a future. There's a rumour for you. I made it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Judd retired when he was 30 turning 31, albeit after an ACL but everyone knew he was retiring at the end of 2015 anyway.

Thommo will be 34 next year. He can barely run out there, I'd love to know his gps sprint info when the opposition get the ball from a stoppage. It'll be *en embarrassing reading that's for sure.

Have we already registered the Ollie Wines to somewhere (Melbourne?) the day before he signed from Barret?

Not what I heard.
He did not get on with Malthouse and wanted out.
But believe Rucci if you prefer.

Betts definitely wanted to stay at Carlton and Carlton did offer Eddir a new contract however it was one of those offers which basically forces the player to move and Mick got his cap space that was required to recruit Daisy Thomas

Do you include Theo on Ch7 saying clubs are looking at Grigg, Otten and Hendo (if he has triggered another year on his contract. I am not sure if that is automatic or if the player can elect to take it up?, if automatic we could trade him). No club links at this stage. If we could trade all 3 I would be impressed and happy for them to get more opportunities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you include Theo on Ch7 saying clubs are looking at Grigg, Otten and Hendo (if he has triggered another year on his contract. I am not sure if that is automatic or if the player can elect to take it up?, if automatic we could trade him). No club links at this stage. If we could trade all 3 I would be impressed and happy for them to get more opportunities.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The extention option is not automatic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back