Trade rumours and their accuracy

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I have heard AFC haven't shown much interest.

We have definitely shown interest and we are clear what draft price that we are willing to pay

For Ben's Manager to come out and state has state that they will be considering both options over the next few weeks does confirm our interest otherwise why would he feel obligated to make a statement?

We have definitely shown interest and we are clear what draft price that we are willing to pay

For Ben's Manager to come out and state has state that they will be considering both options over the next few weeks does confirm our interest otherwise why would he feel obligated to make a statement?

I said haven't shown "much" interest and that's only of late. It will be interesting to see what happens but the club won't bend over backwards to get him.

I said haven't shown "much" interest and that's only of late. It will be interesting to see what happens but the club won't bend over backwards to get him.
Would be awkward if neither club are showing any real interest. He strikes me as a short slow guy with above average skills. A bit like Jake Johanssen who a few years ago went undrafted after doing well in the State U/18 side.

Afterall Jake Kelly was a F/S candidate for Collingwood.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

Mmm interesting. Not sure what to think.

Some posters in the know regarding his ability have said he is a 3rd or 4th round pick, could have been Bicks that mentioned this.

About what people ranked Ablett Jr from (very hazy) memory. Remember people saying they thought Geelong only picked him because of his last name. Cant under rate good football genes maybe

Mmm interesting. Not sure what to think.

Some posters in the know regarding his ability have said he is a 3rd or 4th round pick, could have been Bicks that mentioned this.
Unless we can scrounge a 2nd round pick from somebody the only bargaining chips we have for Jarman are our 3rd pick onwards as he has definitely doesn't have the profile/attributes to even be in slight contention for our 1st pick and I personally don't see him as a 2nd round prospect either. IMO if our 3rd pick or later doesn't get it done we'll pass. Jeffcrowe ?

Unless we can scrounge a 2nd round pick from somebody the only bargaining chips we have for Jarman are our 3rd pick onwards as he has definitely doesn't have the profile/attributes to even be in slight contention for our 1st pick and I personally don't see him as a 2nd round prospect either. IMO if our 3rd pick or later doesn't get it done we'll pass. Jeffcrowe ?
Agreed - we won't pick the name but the player

He'd be rated at absolute best pick 40 and at absolute worst around 60 so probs around 50 is where he is at

If you do the maths on that then that's the answer

Would be awkward if neither club are showing any real interest. He strikes me as a short slow guy with above average skills. A bit like Jake Johanssen who a few years ago went undrafted after doing well in the State U/18 side.

Afterall Jake Kelly was a F/S candidate for Collingwood.

You got the height and speed right but the skills are elite and that's what makes him attractive from a draft perspective ...irrespective of the name

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Denied, while still keeping the option open.

"I've played some pretty good football along the way, and I think I can get better again.
"I look at blokes like Eddie Betts who had a fresh start at a new club (moving from Carlton to Adelaide).
"He won his first All-Australian last year, and he's probably going to win it this year. So a fresh start is something that could be on the table."
Ballantyne said he has left his manager Colin Young to do the sniffing around.
"When there's talk of a rebuild, he gets a bit antsy and starts feeling around for what's out there," Ballantyne said.
"(He) gives us all the options, and then we make a decision from there.
"I haven't asked for a trade, and I haven't been asked to be traded to any club.
"But if I could see myself playing good football somewhere else, then it's a possibility."
Exactly - no denial

About what people ranked Ablett Jr from (very hazy) memory. Remember people saying they thought Geelong only picked him because of his last name. Cant under rate good football genes maybe
GAJ was rated around 2nd rounder possible late first from memory. Always had the X factor, it was just that people weren't sure if he could transition to midfield full time. Played exclusively as a HFF/small forward in his draft year I think, he was inconsistent in his first few years of his career too however he had a breakout year in the midfield and the rest is history. He always had that bit of dash/acceleration and isn't really a midget. I've never seen Ben Jarman play but from whats reported he's got great skills but is slow and small (175cm)- not a great combination. Take away the name, I doubt he'd be that sought after of a prospect. I'll be rooting for him if we take him but he doesn't sound like someone you'd move heaven and earth for.

Rockliff is a divisive character by all reports. It could be purely because his standards are far above the s**t pile Brisbane were putting out. A good environment like the Crows could be of some benefit.
I reckon guys like Lever, Matt and Brad Crouch, Atkins and Tex will knock him into line.

Quite like the sound of the Crouch boys Atkins and Rocky in the same midfield. Far from the nice choirboy crows of yesteryear.....

Correct. The bolded is what will be the issue. Without a 2nd round we fall in that grey area where we feel like we will overpay with a selection at 18 and Hawthorn will bump us rather than let us get him at 56?

I reckon guys like Lever, Matt and Brad Crouch, Atkins and Tex will knock him into line.

Quite like the sound of the Crouch boys Atkins and Rocky in the same midfield. Far from the nice choirboy crows of yesteryear.....

Don't think Brad Crouch can really take the high ground on attitude given the bitching coming from him due to not being selected in the AFL after coming back from injuries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back